FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2014-2016)
Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:44 am
andres17

Just got an email from Banco Popular inquiring about my MOs deposits. Particularly, why where the buyer and the receiver the same person, me. What is a good course of action? Take into consideration that I would like to keep the account. Although I have a lot of bank accounts, here in PR I only have 1 bank, Popular. I thought about opening a separate account with another bank: to isolate my MS and because the lines at Popular are super long. But since my volume was "low" (12k in May, 10k in June, 2k in July thanks to Walmart), I procrastinated on this. My read is that banks in PR are extremely sensitive to Federal regulations, and I don't like my chances. For now, I am not doing any more ACH payments to my CC accounts, and will keep it standby until the decision comes. In a sense, it is nice to be one of the few people doing MS in this place, but on the other hand, it makes you stand out more and appear like a criminal.