FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - will a sticker upgrade be lost on a missed connection?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:39 pm
ESpen36
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
If you are flying J on the international and you mis-connect, I would go to the AC and have the angels there re-book you. In my experience, they have been very good at rebooking into F. If you dont have AC access, consider buying a $50 day pass....

Ah...excellent point. If you are flying in J on the international long-haul, then chances are you were ticketed in A for the domestic feeder segments anyway (assuming you upgraded with eVIPs or miles+copay).

In this case, electronic upgrades won't matter. You will be holding a "First Class Ticket" already, so if there are ANY unsold seats in the cabin, you will be top priority before anybody else. Your name won't even appear on the electronic upgrade list. As one GA explained to me: "There is a special list, apart from the electronic list, for people who are connecting to/from an international flight in First or Business. They get first dibs on the remaining unsold domestic First Class seats, ahead of the sticker upgraders."