Wiki Posts
Search

"Starwood Frequent Guest" Program

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 1999, 8:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

"Starwood Frequent Guest" Program

Opening screen for Sheraton SCI now shows "Starwood Frequent Guest" and says new program begins 2/3/99.
Same on Westin
Floyd
Old Jan 23, 1999, 7:29 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just booked two nights for points at the Sheraton Luxury Hotel Excelsior for 10,000 points each night. I think that hotel used to be 12,000 points. What a pleasant surprise. The agent told me my point total and it matches what I had as SCI.
Old Jan 23, 1999, 7:56 pm
pgupta011

There were no awards for 12,000 points with Sheraton. The highest award level was Category 4 which requires 10,000 points.

Old Jan 28, 1999, 9:31 am

Anyone knowing if we'll still be able to earn miles at Restaurants even without hotel registration?
Old Jan 29, 1999, 11:11 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
One thing I do know is this much: I called Sheraton and told them not to not to charge my credit card to renew my membership. They said there is no charge in the new program. You can no longer "buy" an elite membership and as with most programs, you now have to earn it with a required amount of annual stays.

Neal
Old Jan 30, 1999, 9:16 am
Commander Catcop

OK Neal... what happens to those of us who paid the 25 dollar fee to renew our SCI membership LAST YEAR???

Aren't we do a refund? CATMAN
Old Jan 31, 1999, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier Exec, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
I guess that I'm pretty lucky then, the hotel I've been staying at was a Hilton and I was Gold VIP and when it was switched over to Sheraton, they paid my fee for my SCI Gold status. I think you DO deserve a refund, Catman.

- Anna
Old Feb 1, 1999, 7:31 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Catman ~ I would think that Starwood would not be looking to alienate the gold members of SCI, and will probably give you a comparable level of membership for the first year, but that's just a guess!
Old Feb 3, 1999, 2:56 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
they do (give a comparable level of membership) - and as I haven't had 10 stays in the past 12 months, I am quite happy with my ongoing Gold-qualification (it is/was worth $25).
Old Feb 3, 1999, 7:46 am
Original Member

On my SCI statement yesterday, it said my gold qualification was good until August, the anniversary date of my gold membership (obtained as a part of through American Express SCI Optima). Therefore, it is likely that you will get the gold level this year as well.
No words yet on the fate of the SCI card.
Old Feb 5, 1999, 11:59 pm
Used to be 'lohiadk'

Your gold Card is good till the expiration date as per one of the Sheraton reps.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 2:46 pm

I still have my old sheraton card in my wallet
Old Sep 2, 2004, 4:50 pm

Me too

I also have the old card, although in a drawer. I do however, still have the old Sheraton Club Intl's luggage tags on my suitcase.

I hope if it gets lost, SCI aka SPG would still call me
Old Jan 19, 2005, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Wonder what the old Sheraton Gold cards would fetch on eBay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.