Amex card with EuroBonus

Old Sep 14, 2009, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, EBG, USAir Silver
Amex card with EuroBonus

Hi!

It seems like it is now possible to collect EuroBonus points with a new American Express card in Sweden.

https://www212.americanexpress.com/d...00defaad94RCRD

and here is a starting offer for the card:

http://www.americanexpress.com/swede...rce=X91754SA01
Old Sep 14, 2009, 2:39 am

Good conditions with 20 points/100sek and the 50% off if you shop for 100.000sek or more/year.

The downside is the annual fee of 1000sek and the fact that Amex is not accepted in many places.

I guess I will stay with my Mastercard even though it only gives 10points/100sek
Old Sep 14, 2009, 9:17 am

The first year is free, so I guess I'll try it out for a year then
Old Sep 14, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
We want this in Norway!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 9:52 am

Programs: SK EBG *G, Flying Blue Silver, Hertz President Circle, Hilton H Gold, Starwood Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
We want this in Norway!
Amex is handled through DNBNOR and they dont have a very active Amex strategy. No Platinum, no Membership rewards, no nothing. I have a an international currency cards issued from UK in EUR in order to get the membership rewards. Doubt we will se this in Norway
Old Sep 14, 2009, 1:05 pm

Thumbs up

I applied for the EB Amex today. Nice to get a black Amex. Also for me it will be really easy to rack up the SEK 200.000 a year (if I put my travel and hotel expenses on the card) thus giving me one intercont c-class award trip a year at 50% points...
With 45K points return to the US in C-class and the EBP no black-out dates policy I can even live with the fuel surcharge...
Combined with the really good spendings/points ratio this is indeed good news.
Member service is yet to respond as to the specials for EBP in regards to interest and fees. Guess it will be easy to get the yearly fee waived the following year as EBP if you put 200K+ on the card anyhows.

PS. Diners - you will not be missed.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:15 pm

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Originally Posted by M747
Amex is handled through DNBNOR and they dont have a very active Amex strategy. No Platinum, no Membership rewards, no nothing. I have a an international currency cards issued from UK in EUR in order to get the membership rewards. Doubt we will se this in Norway
I'm in the exact same situation, so I carry an ICC-issued Plat. However, I sent AmEx Norway an e-mail asking about the combined EB card and they told me AmEx Corporate just launched this product in Norway(!). There's even a link from americanexpress.no - but unfortunately, as all things AmEx in Norway, the link does not even work...

(But I managed to find the website: http://corp.americanexpress.com/gcs/...?t=nnnosasCard)
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:34 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
I've cancelled Amex Platinum after one year. Benefits are pretty much virtual, rewards nothing special, not very widely accepted, and annual fee (almost 500 EUR) is 4 times higher than Visa Platinum giving similar benefits at least with my bank.
In many countries Amex is good only for hotels and some boutiques, so why to carry one more plastic card?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by M747
Same situation in Denmark, Danske Bank "ow" the brand of Amex in Denmark, and DNBNOR is a part of Danske Bank? I assume this cooperation is not for Norway and Denmark. But in the press release long time ago they told it was for the Scandinavian market.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:51 pm

Programs: SK*G, Priority Club Gold, HHonors Silver VIP
SK_RSJ:
How is the card black?
Is the EBP ones Amex Platinum by definition?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
I applied for the EB Amex today. Nice to get a black Amex.
Black? Looks silver/platinum colored to me... Or do Pandions get black?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: SK EBG *G, Flying Blue Silver, Hertz President Circle, Hilton H Gold, Starwood Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by bjerregaard
Same situation in Denmark, Danske Bank "ow" the brand of Amex in Denmark, and DNBNOR is a part of Danske Bank? I assume this cooperation is not for Norway and Denmark. But in the press release long time ago they told it was for the Scandinavian market.
DNBNOR is not part of Danske bank, that is Fokus. however, they probably have the same franchise setup with amex in DK as DNBNOR
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:59 pm

Programs: SAS
I wonder if you have to apply for a new card or that you can convert your present Amex into a cobranded eurobonus card ?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
I wonder if you have to apply for a new card or that you can convert your present Amex into a cobranded eurobonus card ?
It has not come all the way to Little Denmark yet, only as Corporate Card!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:38 pm

Programs: EB*G
Originally Posted by cph_flyer
I would guess that you would have to end your current card and apply for a new one, co-branded. This is at least the case with Diners and MC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.