SAS lounge in HEL

Old Aug 7, 09, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
SAS lounge in HEL

After the reorganisation of HEL, the SAS lounge is a loooong walk from T1 checkin & gates. I asked the lounge matron (gentleman, actually) about it, he said that they'll move on 5th Oct to a new lounge in T1. So nearly two more months to hike from T1 to T2
Old Aug 8, 09, 10:27 am

Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger View Post
After the reorganisation of HEL, the SAS lounge is a loooong walk from T1 checkin & gates. I asked the lounge matron (gentleman, actually) about it, he said that they'll move on 5th Oct to a new lounge in T1. So nearly two more months to hike from T1 to T2
Hmmm, bad, bad, I am flying HEL-OSL-TRD to morrow - how long is the walk??
Old Aug 8, 09, 10:35 am

HEL isnŽt that big. IŽd say 5 minutes.
Old Aug 8, 09, 11:28 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Yeah, about 5 minutes for a fast walker. One tip: If you don't need to visit the check in desk (hand luggage only, OLCI) then by all means enter the airport at T2 instead of T1 (all buses call at both terminals if taking one) and clear security there, you'll be much closer to the lounge (and all restaurants, shops etc. as well) and have to do the walk only once when going to your gate on the T1 end.

Haven't been to HEL since the split, does somebody know how they solved the *A non-Schengen problem?
Old Aug 8, 09, 3:05 pm

I landed from a Schengen destination on SAS and noticed that when waiting for the bus there were people from AirAbaltic flight from RIX. So, definitely all *A flights seem to land at T1. Or is RIX in Schengen nowadays? I havenŽt been there for a while? Business is really slow down there.
Old Aug 8, 09, 5:06 pm

Programs: SK*G
Yes, Latvia (and other baltic countries) joined Schengen on December 2007.
Old Aug 9, 09, 3:37 am

[quote/]
Haven't been to HEL since the split, does somebody know how they solved the *A non-Schengen problem?[/QUOTE]

Turkish airlines will continue to operate from T2. At least later Blue1 London flights will be operating from the new non-Schengen T1 gates. Don't know about KF's non-Schengen non-EU flights (the seasonal Dubrovnik and Split flights).
Old Aug 9, 09, 6:39 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by nordic View Post
Turkish airlines will continue to operate from T2. At least later Blue1 London flights will be operating from the new non-Schengen T1 gates. Don't know about KF's non-Schengen non-EU flights (the seasonal Dubrovnik and Split flights).
So there's actually a passport control point at T1 as well? Is this at the very end of the terminal, i.e. the former gates 11 and 12? Or have they installed some sort of flexi system where certain gates can either use a passport control or not, depending on the flight destination?

It's a bummer that the HEL webpage doesn't show the gate number any more, just the terminal.
Old Aug 9, 09, 7:42 am

Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer View Post
HEL isnŽt that big. IŽd say 5 minutes.
I was 4min 36 sec. to day from clearing security to the front door of the lounge!
Old Aug 10, 09, 12:52 am

Programs: Finnair Lumo, SAS Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn View Post
It's a bummer that the HEL webpage doesn't show the gate number any more, just the terminal.
Bookmark this page, it still shows the gate:

http://www.helsinki-vantaa.fi/files/...hedule/fo.html

I can't find a link to that page from anywhere though, and it might disappear at any time...
Old Aug 10, 09, 12:56 am

Programs: Finnair Lumo, SAS Diamond
Originally Posted by nordic View Post
At least later Blue1 London flights will be operating from the new non-Schengen T1 gates.
12:05 London Heathrow KF555 Gate 30
Seems that Blue 1 still flies to London from the old T2 non-schengen area, for now.
Old Aug 10, 09, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by hermanni View Post
12:05 London Heathrow KF555 Gate 30
Seems that Blue 1 still flies to London from the old T2 non-schengen area, for now.
Yes, they do. I am not sure about the date when the construction work will be finishec but the control point is already marked on the Finavia map.
Old Nov 9, 09, 3:06 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Has anybody been in the new lounge in T1? Is it nice?
Old Nov 10, 09, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Lobengula View Post
Has anybody been in the new lounge in T1? Is it nice?
I couldn't find it last week... I don't know if it's there yet. Anyone?
Old Nov 10, 09, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Spoke to one SAS lounge agent in HEL yesterday and she said that it might not be before december when the new lounge finally will be open.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: