Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS lounge in HEL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2009, 11:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lobengula
I don't know what lounge this is. It's certainly not the SAS business lounge at T1 I visited.
The pic is from HEL lounge indeed, taken from one of the corners.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by harri
The pic is from HEL lounge indeed, taken from one of the corners.
Really? I thought I was reasonable sober when I was there

The reception desk is directly to the right when you enter. Drinks also to the right near the reception. A bit further in, windows overlooking the check-in area. WC and a TV to the right and some seating groups to the left.

Where is this seating group with windows overlooking the airport?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 2:06 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Really? Where is this seating group with windows overlooking the airport?
There are only really windows on one side, along the far wall as you enter the door. On the right side, those windows look down onto the lower level of the concourse. On the left side, they look out onto the approach road leading up to the terminal. This photo thus shows the far left end of the lounge, in terms of coming in the entrance.

cheers,

Henry
Old Dec 18, 2009, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by henry999
There are only really windows on one side, along the far wall as you enter the door. On the right side, those windows look down onto the lower level of the concourse. On the left side, they look out onto the approach road leading up to the terminal. This photo thus shows the far left end of the lounge, in terms of coming in the entrance.

cheers,

Henry
Ah, thanks Henry ^

This is a very out of scale picture of the lounge:

So you mean that the windows on the left hand side (furthest from the TV) overlook the approach road?
Old Dec 18, 2009, 2:54 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Ah, thanks Henry ^

This is a very out of scale picture of the lounge:

So you mean that the windows on the left hand side (furthest from the TV) overlook the approach road?
Except that the window side of the lounge is much longer than the entry side. While the computers are as far to the left as you can go in that 'lower half', in the 'upper half' the room extends a lot further to the left. Looking at hermanni's photo, the computers would be over your left shoulder.

cheers,

Henry

PS: where did you get that out-of-scale drawing? There was no 'booze' of any kind there when I visited on 2.12.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by henry999
Except that the window side of the lounge is much longer than the entry side. While the computers are as far to the left as you can go in that 'lower half', in the 'upper half' the room extends a lot further to the left. Looking at hermanni's photo, the computers would be over your left shoulder.

cheers,

Henry

PS: where did you get that out-of-scale drawing? There was no 'booze' of any kind there when I visited on 2.12.
I used Visio and just made it from memory
Thinking of it, I can't remember if there was any booze. I remember three bottles of wine (red, white, bubbly).
Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:12 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Is this same new SAS Business lounge used by alla Star Alliance carriers? If so, is LH access limited to HON and SEN or do also FTLs have access?

The old SAS lounge in HEL was limited to LH HON and SEN or Star Alliance gold.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:40 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I'm in the lounge right now and must agree with my wife: the lounge isn't as cousy ("mysig") as the old lounge was. Furthermore I really miss the view. Apart from that it pretty much the same offerings. At least they have food again which they didn't in the summer.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: EBG
Sitting in the lounge right now. On my way to VAA from ARN.
Had the choice of going directly but chose to make a stop in HEL(both ways).

I like the lounge but I would like to have beer on bottle.

My flight leaves at 22:00 and the lounge closes at 21:00. Is there any other *A lounge I can visit then?

Br
Niclas
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Originally Posted by freeman_swe
I like the lounge but I would like to have beer on bottle.
I wouldn't mind to see there also vines, not this stuff from the tap, and some spirits. For *A Gold lounge they have very poor drinks. At least there is some food.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by another_shot
I wouldn't mind to see there also vines, not this stuff from the tap, and some spirits. For *A Gold lounge they have very poor drinks. At least there is some food.
I agree. Coming here from Scandinavia lounge at ARN you really see the difference. But the food in ARN today wasn't good. Some meatballs and potatosallad.

Otherwise I have nothing to compare to. Made Gold last week
Did my first Eurobonus flight late June last year and are currently at 39 flights. The one to VAA is going to be the 40!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:23 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
They probably afraid of Finns - HEL is one of those places where bars are full of people drinking beer and gin-tonic before boarding their 08.00 am flight
Old Jan 23, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by another_shot
They probably afraid of Finns - HEL is one of those places where bars are full of people drinking beer and gin-tonic before boarding their 08.00 am flight
I've seen that throughout Europe.

Appropriate handle for this thread, btw.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:04 pm

Flew VAA-HEL and HEL-ARN on friday. And of course HEL-ARN were late. The connections from HEL is almost always late.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA plat
SAS lounge in HEL doesn't really suit domestic passengers when flying with KF where you actually cannot buy C ticket as that thing doesn't exist, was denied access today with KF Y ticket (which was over 300e anyway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.