Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

How early can I checkin in at CPH with SAS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Does people here has an idea how early I can checkin baggage for an intra-Europen flight in CPH by SAS? Within 4 hours or same day?
Old Apr 18, 2009, 12:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
SAS flights open for self-service check-in 22 hours before departure, allowing you to check-in using the self-service terminals and the baggage drop in CPH Terminal 3.

Usually any SAS manual check-in counter in Terminal 3 will be willing to assist you checking in up to 22 hours before as well.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:05 am

Programs: EBG, UA, HHonors, SPG, IC
Check-in the night before

Usually when I fly overseas I check in at the CPH airport the night before, there are no lines and plenty of time to talk to the people at the counter and decide on seats. The real benefit is when you arrive in the morning just park in Terminal 3 garage, take the elevator right up to the Fast Track and ... you are right inside the lounge avoiding the crazy lines of people in the morning.
AStarr likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 9:22 am

Programs: EBG, M&M Silver, BA Gold
If you have bags to check in, you cannot leave them if you check in the night before, though.

I tried it once and was told I could only check my bags in on the day of the flight.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: EBG, UA, HHonors, SPG, IC
I check in with bags (2-3) the night before, this is of great convenience especially when I travel on the overseas trips. Never been told that it was not possible, I just do as normal go to the Gold counter and check in for my flight the night before in terminal 3.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M Silver, BA Gold
You must have been lucky because I was told this was absolutely not possible, and this was at the Gold counter too.

I had to go and leave my bags at the Left Luggage office overnight and retrieve them in the morning.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:26 am

Since this discussion is quite old, I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience: Is it possible to check in your bag the evening before? Thanks
Old Jan 26, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mrJO
Since this discussion is quite old, I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience: Is it possible to check in your bag the evening before? Thanks
Tried it last year with an early flight with LH (6am) - no problem check in the night before, but I wouldn't do it if I have a late morning flight or anything later than that.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nacho
Tried it last year with an early flight with LH (6am) - no problem check in the night before, but I wouldn't do it if I have a late morning flight or anything later than that.
Lufthansa generally offers night check in for their early morning depatures. "Vorabend check in" as they call it.

SK does not.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Does SAS at CPH still refuse to accept to check-in bags for already checked-in passengers showing up with bags at CPH the night before departure on SK long-haul flights? I'm talking about 12-22 hours before scheduled flight time.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Does SAS at CPH still refuse to accept to check-in bags for already checked-in passengers showing up with bags at CPH the night before departure on SK long-haul flights? I'm talking about 12-22 hours before scheduled flight time.
I put the question to them on Twitter. With the reservation that my flight was a short-haul one, the answer was an unconditional NEJ.
Old May 15, 2018, 3:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
I put the question to them on Twitter. With the reservation that my flight was a short-haul one, the answer was an unconditional NEJ.
Thanks for asking them and getting back to us about what you were told.

i was going to try to pull this off the night before a long-haul SAS trip out of CPH, but I didn’t attempt it a few weeks ago due to (ironically) shortage of time to try it out. I may try it later this week or next week just to see if I get told the same as you or if this is one of those things which can vary a bit from time to time.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Thanks for asking them and getting back to us about what you were told.

i was going to try to pull this off the night before a long-haul SAS trip out of CPH, but I didn’t attempt it a few weeks ago due to (ironically) shortage of time to try it out. I may try it later this week or next week just to see if I get told the same as you or if this is one of those things which can vary a bit from time to time.
They did refer me to the left luggage facility, so I guess that's an option if you're refused.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
How early can you check bags on the day of the flight? My flight to MAN (connecting from a longhaul) was cancelled yesterday and I’ve been rebooked on a mid-afternoon flight to ARN, connecting to MAN today.

I’m thinking of going to the airport to check my bags first and going into the city for a few hours. So I'm talking about checking bags c. 5 hours before a shorthaul flight. I’ll be travelling in Plus.

I hope 5 hours won’t be a problem but thought I ‘d ask.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
How early can you check bags on the day of the flight? My flight to MAN (connecting from a longhaul) was cancelled yesterday and I’ve been rebooked on a mid-afternoon flight to ARN, connecting to MAN today.

I’m thinking of going to the airport to check my bags first and going into the city for a few hours. So I'm talking about checking bags c. 5 hours before a shorthaul flight. I’ll be travelling in Plus.

I hope 5 hours won’t be a problem but thought I ‘d ask.
You can check in s soon as the counters open around 5:30am or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.