SAS Eurobonus Lifetime Gold

Old Mar 4, 2009, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
SAS Eurobonus Lifetime Gold

SAS will send out a new Eurobonus Lifetime Gold to 2000 customers in Sweden and the world. You have to be 60 years old and been a EBG for a minimum of 10 consecutive years to qualify.

Originally Posted by Realtid.se
Kortet, Lifetime Gold, delas ut till 2.000 av SAS kunder i Sverige och i utlandet.

Vem fr kortet?
Du mste ha varit Europbonus Gold-medlem i minst tio r och ha fyllt 60 r. Det rr sig om cirka 2.000 kunder world wide, sger Niclas Hrenstam, presschef p SAS i Sverige.

http://www.realtid.se/ArticlePages/2...tid845.dbp.asp
Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
If you have had EB for 10 consecutive years between 50 and 60 (or older) you deserve to keep your status even if you retire from flying!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:25 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Thanks for the info, nice to see SK doing this.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: SK*G, FB Plat, BA-GGL
This is a good thing from SAS!
Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: OZ*G, AZ Gold, Etihad Gold, SK*G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
You have to be 60 years old and been a EBG for a minimum of 10 consecutive years to qualify.

http://www.realtid.se/ArticlePages/2...tid845.dbp.asp
I can't see where it says 10 consecutive years in the article. But it is probably true??

Funny that the article refers to EBG as SAS' finest card, not knowing about EBP??
Old Mar 4, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: EBG
Seems to be true...

Talked to a colleague earlier today and he told me had received that lifetime- EBG-status. Hes 64 and has even been a EBP for a few years...
Old Mar 4, 2009, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
SAS will send out a new Eurobonus Lifetime Gold to 2000 customers in Sweden and the world. You have to be 60 years old and been a EBG for a minimum of 10 consecutive years to qualify.
So, similar to the criteria that LH uses. Are they getting ready to be absorbed by Miles&More?
Old Mar 4, 2009, 3:29 pm

Who believes SAS or EB is going to be around for their lifetime? Chasing something that can be taken away any minute from now. How does that create loyalty?

Last edited by Helsinki Flyer; Mar 5, 2009 at 1:26 am
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:30 am

Not impressed. Should be 10 years regardless of your age. I know from a commercial perspective it is granting the benefit longer for quite some people, but either you have been EBG for 10 years or not.

According to Danish law it is ilegal to discreminate against age - wonder how they will handle that one. They probably ahve thought of that.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Not impressed. Should be 10 years regardless of your age. I know from a commercial perspective it is granting the benefit longer for quite some people, but either you have been EBG for 10 years or not.

According to Danish law it is ilegal to discreminate against age - wonder how they will handle that one. They probably ahve thought of that.
Exactly what I was thinking. This is clearly a case for the Equality Ombudsman. SAS would lose hands down.

Equality Ombudsman
Old Mar 5, 2009, 6:32 am

Programs: SK*G, FI
Lets hope SAS will be able to survive long enough.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 9:12 am
AHO

Lifetime EBG was offered before by "Scandinavian Four Peaks Club".

Scandinavian Four Peaks Club was active in Japan until 2005.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...-lifetime.html

The member of Scandinavian Four Peaks Club who has climbed all 4 highest peaks in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland through via organized tour(by Northern Express), could get lifetime EBG.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by anbrand
Exactly what I was thinking. This is clearly a case for the Equality Ombudsman. SAS would lose hands down.
Exactly how does it benefit anyone if SAS is forced to withdraw the lifetime programme?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by OFFlyer
According to Danish law it is ilegal to discreminate against age
Does the Danish government let you retire at any age or are they breaking their own laws?
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:32 pm

The exact rule is: You are 60 years or older and have qualified for Eurobonus Gold status at least 10 times.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.