SAS Eurobonus Lifetime Gold

Old Apr 20, 17, 3:15 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: ATL/MCO
Programs: Free agent
Posts: 3,705
How about someone who has been 10 years consecutive Diamond 2014-2024, will they ever get Diamond for life?
miamiflyer8 is offline  
Old Apr 20, 17, 3:24 am
  #47  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus GOLD, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 10,873
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
How about someone who has been 10 years consecutive Diamond 2014-2024, will they ever get Diamond for life?
So far they have only mentioned life time gold, and I doubt very much there will be a Diamond for life level.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Apr 20, 17, 3:28 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: ATL/MCO
Programs: Free agent
Posts: 3,705
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
So far they have only mentioned life time gold, and I doubt very much there will be a Diamond for life level.
It would seem uncompetitive to not to offer LT top tier status, Finnair Plus, BAEC, FlyingBlue, United, Delta and a few others do have criteria to obtain lifetime top tier status.
miamiflyer8 is offline  
Old Apr 20, 17, 5:21 am
  #49  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus GOLD, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 10,873
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
It would seem uncompetitive to not to offer LT top tier status, Finnair Plus, BAEC, FlyingBlue, United, Delta and a few others do have criteria to obtain lifetime top tier status.
For SK it makes little sense to have a lifetime EBD. Since you already get access to the highest rank lounges that any EB card can give. Where as for OWS/OWE there is a differnce in the service you can get on the ground.

But we can see what happens in 7 years when it theoretically could be possible.

The question is also how much of a competitive factor LT status is.... Does The existence of a LT status change your purchase decision?
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Apr 21, 17, 3:19 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Posts: 1,892
The existence of a reasonable and achievable LT status certainly does. Like BA's for airlines or SPG's for hotels. Remove the consecutive element and make LT a reward for a boatload of $$$ spend over a "lifetime".

As usual, LT status is useless if you don't end up using it with the companies you received it from. Just like any elite status in any program.

For SK, having EBD LT would equal at least $1mln SEK in spend. Cheap loyalty reward to hand to someone who needs to continue buying your products to enjoy it.
FlyingMoose is offline  
Old Apr 21, 17, 6:32 am
  #51  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus GOLD, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 10,873
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
The existence of a reasonable and achievable LT status certainly does. Like BA's for airlines or SPG's for hotels. Remove the consecutive element and make LT a reward for a boatload of $$$ spend over a "lifetime".

As usual, LT status is useless if you don't end up using it with the companies you received it from. Just like any elite status in any program.

For SK, having EBD LT would equal at least $1mln SEK in spend. Cheap loyalty reward to hand to someone who needs to continue buying your products to enjoy it.
Then comes the second question would the existence of LT EBD entice your purchase decision you more than LT EBG?

For me the existence of LT EBG is fine. I don't think it is needed for anything higher. The *G status for life is sufficient, EBD is after all still only *G.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Apr 22, 17, 8:28 am
  #52  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: AMM
Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Airfrance Platinum, Royal Jordanian Gold
Posts: 215
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
9 times between 1975 and now or 9 consecutive years for the past 9 years? Those are two different things and the rumored rules so far have indicated the consecutive part is needed.
Apologies for the slow response. "From" = born in 1975. Nine consecutive years for the past nine years.
Hafnia is offline  
Old Apr 22, 17, 2:44 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Posts: 1,892
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Then comes the second question would the existence of LT EBD entice your purchase decision you more than LT EBG?
If I was to start a frequent flying career for the next 10 years with SK today, it would certainly. However, as most of us have been Gold for many years before Diamond was introduced, I can imagine that for some making purchasing decisions to attain EBD while also LT EBG will not be straight forward.

For me the existence of LT EBG is fine. I don't think it is needed for anything higher. The *G status for life is sufficient, EBD is after all still only *G.
If I'm going to be EBD for 10 years anyway, I might as well get LT EBD. I don't see a single reason why SAS wouldn't reward elites similarly for both levels. However, I would also support LT EBD though a Million Miler alike concept.
FlyingMoose is offline  
Old Apr 22, 17, 8:41 pm
  #54  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus GOLD, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 10,873
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
If I was to start a frequent flying career for the next 10 years with SK today, it would certainly. However, as most of us have been Gold for many years before Diamond was introduced, I can imagine that for some making purchasing decisions to attain EBD while also LT EBG will not be straight forward.



If I'm going to be EBD for 10 years anyway, I might as well get LT EBD. I don't see a single reason why SAS wouldn't reward elites similarly for both levels. However, I would also support LT EBD though a Million Miler alike concept.
I am not opposed to the concept of LT EBD. My personal thinking is just that by the time I would need a lifetime status, my flying is greatly reduced, and what I need is the lounge and fast track. Either way EBG for life or EBD for life gets me the same level of comfort in those areas, so I'd be more or less equally appreciative.

On OneWorld, there is big distinction between getting Sapphire for life or Emerald for life, the ground service is different on most airlines. Currently though, I don't accrue with an airline that offers a true lifetime status, and that is not going to change unless my location or flying patterns change to make a different program more attractive.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Apr 26, 17, 7:45 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: CPH, Denmark
Programs: EBD
Posts: 435
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
.... Either way EBG for life or EBD for life gets me the same level of comfort in those areas...
Oh no, you forget that as EBD, you will get a free coke on certain routes
Jespersm is offline  
Old Apr 26, 17, 8:02 am
  #56  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus GOLD, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Posts: 10,873
Originally Posted by Jespersm View Post
Oh no, you forget that as EBD, you will get a free coke on certain routes
Since I was talking about lounge and fast track, I am fairly certain there is no difference in the free Coke availability between the two. But yes, flying Go in the air there is a difference between the two....

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Apr 27, 17 at 2:09 am
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Old Apr 27, 17, 1:26 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: ATL/MCO
Programs: Free agent
Posts: 3,705
And let's not forget the giveaway EBG and the goodie bag gift.
miamiflyer8 is offline  
Old Apr 27, 17, 5:59 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: CPH, Denmark
Programs: EBD
Posts: 435
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
And let's not forget the giveaway EBG ....
Shhh, don't mention it. The Gold lounges are already congested above limits. SK-Gold and LH-Senator-lounges are not worth visiting anymore. Food and drinks might be a Little better, but no seats and filthy carpets everywhere due to heavy loads.
Jespersm is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: