SAS Eurobonus Lifetime Gold

Old Mar 6, 09, 2:28 pm

For anyone having endured SK for 10+ years and now probably retired or soon to be, I think this is the least SK could do for them. Now they can get some free drinks and snacks in the lounge when they go one their half-year vacation to Alicante or wherever. Skål
Old Mar 6, 09, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurobonus Silver
SAS IT

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Given the plethora of people with the same given and family name in Scandinavian countries, it shouldn't be too hard to supply documentation adjusting the info at least for those father+son duos with the same names that were wise enough to not give too much personal info beyond the bare minimum when opening the account. The only question would be if SAS decided to check things with the Scandinavian government Big Brother logs that keep track of all sorts of personal details and make it available to the public. In that case, customers risk digging themselves into the ground for no gain.

I was wondering when and how SAS would catch it if someone were to now open an account that changed one digit of the birth year such that someone born in 1960 ended up being born in 1940 or someone born in 1980 ended up being born in 1960. At this point, given doubts that SAS or Eurobonus will be around ten years hence, it's probably just a moot discussion.
According to my profile with Eurobonus i´m born:

01 January 1901

So i only need to qualify for another 9 years

Jupeter
Old Mar 6, 09, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jupeter View Post
According to my profile with Eurobonus i´m born:

01 January 1901

So i only need to qualify for another 9 years

Jupeter
So is it Grandpa Jupeter or Great-Grandpa Jupeter?

You are ahead of me. I need ten years to qualify for lifetime EBG, but that's not going to happen for me. EuroBonus has only gotten less and less attractive for me as time has passed.
Old Mar 7, 09, 10:35 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
I was wondering when and how SAS would catch it if someone were to now open an account that changed one digit of the birth year such that someone born in 1960 ended up being born in 1940 or someone born in 1980 ended up being born in 1960. At this point, given doubts that SAS or Eurobonus will be around ten years hence, it's probably just a moot discussion.
I suspect there will be little disappearance of SAS or Eurobonus. More likely it will be bought. And then the interesting part is if the purchasing party will honor such agreements. M&M SEN lifetime would not hurt anybody either.
Old Mar 7, 09, 4:38 pm

Programs: EBG, HH Gold, SPG Gold
I agree this is a enhancement of the EB program. I have always though this was one of the things missing in the EB program. I had hoped they would grant this for all +10 years Gold, but that might be the next step.

Actually, I think this is my only change to get EBG in the future. I have been silver for 8 years and gold for 9 years. At least I think it's so, since I think I have been silver or godl since the program started in 1991!

Next period will be my 10th consecutive year as EBG, but with the present constraint in travel spending, I think the next period will be my last as EBG, until I get 60 in about 7 years ! :-) And by constraint, I mean no business, no refundable tickets and the general constraint in travel. With this, and no IC travel, it's difficult to maintaine EBG
Old Mar 8, 09, 8:48 am

I will pas the 10 year EBG mark this month. No special deliveries to this address so far...
Old Mar 9, 09, 2:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

They talked about this when Gustaf, OFFlyer and I had meetings with Eurobonus in 2006.

I think it's better than nothing.

But it would of course be a little easier if they did like BMI and offered lifetime EBG for members who have held the top tier level for 10 consecutive years.
Old Apr 8, 17, 6:20 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Thumbs down SAS Eurobonus Lifetime Gold

Hi,

Honestly, friends, that is completely useless. And not to mention, it is AGE DISCRIMINATION. SAS should seriously shape up on that one. I have been GOLD or DIAMOND (since it was available) every year since 2001. That is 16 years now. My age is still only 52.

VERY disappointing that the LIFETIME recognition is not already in effect.

Jonas
Old Apr 8, 17, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus GOLD, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by JonasH View Post
Hi,

Honestly, friends, that is completely useless. And not to mention, it is AGE DISCRIMINATION. SAS should seriously shape up on that one. I have been GOLD or DIAMOND (since it was available) every year since 2001. That is 16 years now. My age is still only 52.

VERY disappointing that the LIFETIME recognition is not already in effect.

Jonas
That's a very old thread you dug out. Though the current status is still the same. Sort of.

There was a promise to introduce a new version of life time gold after 10 consecutive years. But after the announcement about a year ago (or maybe more, can't remember) it has gone awfully quiet.
Old Apr 10, 17, 1:40 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Airfrance Platinum, Royal Jordanian Gold
Fyi recieved earlier this month when I asked how many times I have qualified for Gold so far (I'm from 1975). English summary: You have earned gold 9 times so one more and you become Life Time Gold member.

"Hej Xx

Tak for din mail.

Jeg kan se at du har været Guld medlem 9 gange så en gang til så er du Life Timer Gold medlem.

Vil ønske dig en god dag.

Med vänlig hälsning/Best Regards/Med venlig hilsen/Venlig hilsen,
XX
Traveler Consultant
SAS Sales and Service
SAS
Scandinavian Airlines System

SE - 195 87 Stockholm, Sweden
Visit: Frösundaviks Allé 1"
Old Apr 11, 17, 11:43 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
9 times between 1975 and now or 9 consecutive years for the past 9 years? Those are two different things and the rumored rules so far have indicated the consecutive part is needed.
Old Apr 12, 17, 4:15 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
9 times between 1975 and now or 9 consecutive years for the past 9 years? Those are two different things and the rumored rules so far have indicated the consecutive part is needed.
EB has only been around since 1992, I remember from My SAS Idea that one representative from SK did indeed confirm that those ten years don't need to be consecutive.
Old Apr 16, 17, 12:43 am
kbl

Programs: SK *G, HH S
SAS does claim they are coming up with the Lifetime Gold as per their homepage, keypoint is that it have to be consecutive... - it was also rumoured already in 2016, so let's see if 2017 is the year...

http://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/a...p-levels/gold/

"During 2017 EuroBonus will introduce a new feature in the program to show appreciation to the most loyal members. Any Gold or Diamond member as of today and onward, who has had a consecutive Gold or Diamond membership for a minimum of 10 years will be honored a lifetime Gold membership. Gold memberships that have been given away by a Diamond member will not be qualifying. More details will be communicated after the release and members qualifying for the lifetime Gold membership will be contacted personally."
Old Apr 19, 17, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Plt for life), KLM Plt, SAS Diamond, AA Plt for life, Hyatt Diamond for Life
Does anyone know how you can determine how many consecutive years of Gold/Diamond one has accumulated?

Also, depending on whether I read the English or Scandinavian explanation I interpret it a bit differently. The English translation seems to suggest you get credit for prior years of consecutive Gold status, the Scandinavian version seems to suggest that you need to start from now?

"I løpet av 2017 vil Eurobonus innføre en ny funksjon i programmet for å vise takknemlighet til de mest lojale medlemmene. Alle Gull- eller Diamant-medlemmer som fra i dag av og framover har hatt et sammenhengende Gull- eller Diamant-medlemskap i minst 10 år, vil bli hedret med et Gull-medlemskap på livstid. Gull-medlemskap som har blitt gitt bort av et Diamant-medlem kvalifiserer ikke. Flere detaljer vil bli formidlet etter utgivelsen, og medlemmer som kvalifiserer for Gull-medlemskap på livstid vil bli kontaktet personlig."
Old Apr 19, 17, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus GOLD, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by Prytz View Post
Does anyone know how you can determine how many consecutive years of Gold/Diamond one has accumulated?

Also, depending on whether I read the English or Scandinavian explanation I interpret it a bit differently. The English translation seems to suggest you get credit for prior years of consecutive Gold status, the Scandinavian version seems to suggest that you need to start from now?

"I løpet av 2017 vil Eurobonus innføre en ny funksjon i programmet for å vise takknemlighet til de mest lojale medlemmene. Alle Gull- eller Diamant-medlemmer som fra i dag av og framover har hatt et sammenhengende Gull- eller Diamant-medlemskap i minst 10 år, vil bli hedret med et Gull-medlemskap på livstid. Gull-medlemskap som har blitt gitt bort av et Diamant-medlem kvalifiserer ikke. Flere detaljer vil bli formidlet etter utgivelsen, og medlemmer som kvalifiserer for Gull-medlemskap på livstid vil bli kontaktet personlig."
You need to count manually and rely on your memory for when you were gold member. SK has not yet released a counter for consecutive years as gold. Nor years as gold in general.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: