Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection from Paper Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

So I just booked a flight on expedia, and I have two legs on SAS: MAD-CPH-ORD. I was booked 42a on an a330 for the CPH-ORD leg, and I want to change that. I have a reference number/pnr, but the SAS site won't take it. Is this because it's a paper ticket? Will I just have to call SAS for the seat change? Or perhaps expedia?

Apologies if this is common knowledge/not really related to SAS. I tried searching for general info on expedia and seats but nothing appeared.

Last edited by bver100; Feb 16, 2009 at 6:26 pm
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:38 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Paper ticket? I though these didn't exist anymore. Are you sure your flight is not booked for the year 2006? Sorry - couldn't resist .

Anyway the SK website is really really notorious at recognizing bookings made anywhere else - and considering how crap the website is it makes for a bit of a catch-22 situation. You might have some luck if you can get the SK PNR from Expedia (likely to be different than what the Expedia one is) and try that - but your best bet is to give SK a call. The call center should be able to look you up based on your name, flight number and date. They can also give you the SK PNR once they find you - but again it is highly questionable whether it will actually work on the web site.

You see this 21st century technology is so new for us Northeners.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Paper ticket? I though these didn't exist anymore. Are you sure your flight is not booked for the year 2006? Sorry - couldn't resist .
I know! My mother made the purchase for a family vacation, and i couldn't believe it when she said they actually had to send me a paper ticket. I assume it's because i'm flying UA-Iberia-Spanair/SK-SK, ie outside star alliance. I was able to extract PNR's from the mess on paper for the UA and Iberia segments (different, i assume because it's a different airline) and when trying to do with the SK bit, it wouldn't accept it. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by bver100
I I assume it's because i'm flying UA-Iberia-Spanair/SK-SK, ie outside star alliance.
Yeah - looks like IB doesn't have e-ticket interline agreements with some of the other carriers involved. With a UA/SK/JK itinerary shouldn't have been a problem.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 2:26 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
I booket OSL-PHL-ORD-LAX//LAS-PHL-OSL with US and UA at wideroe.no last week and got paper tickets as they didn't issue e-tickets on US.....so the paper tickets still are alive

Last edited by Someone83; Feb 17, 2009 at 2:49 am
Old Feb 17, 2009, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Someone83
I booket OSL-PHL-ORD-LAX//LAS-PHL-OSL with US and UA at wideroe.no last week and got paper tickets as they didn't issue e-tickets on US.....so the paper tickets still are alive
Yeah, Wideroe is funny in that they have an even more limited set of carriers they will issue e-tickets on. I once used it to book a couple of domestic Finnish AY flights (Finnair's site couldn't do open jaws back then) and they insisted on paper tickets as "AY can't do e-tickets" - which obviously was b/s. Still worked like a charm...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.