Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS increases the prices for points upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS increases the prices for points upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 3:42 am

How on earth would the gate agent be able to keep track of which country your registered membership is in? Most obviously doesn´t even look up if you are in x-class...
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:17 am

The increased redemption values will affect all members, regarless of their registration country. How else could they make it work? flights from US to Europe are less than other way round, but that´s somewhat easy to explain to mebers. but try doing the same say from Denmark to rest of Scandinavia or vice versa.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
And to think that I was just about breathing life into my EB account... Though the hotel redemptions still seem good value.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:01 am

Programs: EBG, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Though the hotel redemptions still seem good value.
Hush. Don't tell them, because this could cause them to remove or change this also
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:15 am

Programs: SK*G
I've had some discussions with Customer Relations Director previously. I've sent her an email expressing my lack of enthusiasm regarding this.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
I'm planning to write to Eurobonus this weekend regarding this (and the 25% rule on W-tickets)
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:39 am

Cant we do anything together.. someone write a letter that we all sign??
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:50 am

Just recieved a text message from the public relations director in SAS NO. He is still waiting for Eurobonus in Stockholm to give him more information about the changes. I'll keep you updated
Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:23 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Surely if a large amount of EBG/EBP start dropping off they must react. Only problem is that we'll all be gone by then.

This came at a good time - I've got 140.000 EB points in my account but 0 earned so far in this earning period with two CRWSTAR booked and half a YRWSTAR still current for 2009. Should give me about 2x2x29000 + 13000 = 130.000 points to post in to a new program.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:32 am

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by jcnorway
Just recieved a text message from the public relations director in SAS NO. He is still waiting for Eurobonus in Stockholm to give him more information about the changes. I'll keep you updated
Interesting indeed. Could you also send him a link to this thread so he for him self can read about how many people that think this is unacceptable?

Br,
HerrO
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:27 am

Programs: EBG
Journalists at Norway's Dagbladet, VG, NA24.no and E24.no have been informed about this forum and thread together with a summary of comments and views on the EuroBonus program.

Let's hope we can make one last chance to wake someone up at SAS. If not, sayonara!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:55 am

This just confirms my decision from last year to leave SK and EB behind. In the process of burning points.

Now SK provides below par service on the ground, in the air and EB has little attraction to it.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 9:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by blind48
Cant we do anything together.. someone write a letter that we all sign??
I suggest a customer-to-customer guerrilla marketing campaign using SK's own facilities -- copiers/printers at SK lounges to produce critical flyers in large quantities, stuffing the in-flight magazines in the premium cabin sections with a note mentioning the changes, leaving info about the changes in the lounges and talking to other customers in the premium cabin and lounges -- to convince SK customers to complain en masse to SK; hitting up media contacts; and so on.

Short of publicly embarrassing SK, the customers will be ruined yet again.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 9:05 am

Now this page only displays the old info

http://www.sas.no/no/EuroBonus/Medle...-SAS/?vst=true

Skandinavia – Europa Poeng per person
Fra Economy Extra til Business 10 000

Skandinavia - Asia, Midt-Østen & USA Poeng per person
Economy til Economy Extra 10 000
Economy Extra til Business 20 000
Economy til Business 30 000
Old Jan 28, 2009, 9:27 am

Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
This is horrible!!! I have been EBG for 10 years and next month my wife will also be EBG - and SAS give us this for beeing loyal. 50 000 points for M > C I will send SAS a e-mail/letter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.