Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

The great Star Airbus DO, Nov. 5th and 6th

The great Star Airbus DO, Nov. 5th and 6th

Old Jan 10, 2009, 8:16 am

Very good idea! ^

Although it is against my principles to fly SK, I cannot miss out on this one

CPH or most likely ARN pick-up.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Changing my pickup to OSL, don't wanna miss the pre-evening party.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 9:50 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

122 on the list already, pretty impressive!. Please help us find the dates here: http://www.doodle.com/participation....u3897376myeirm
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I have listed on the doodle the dates I would prefer but certainly can make most of the others. tommy777 can now list me as definite as anybody can be at this stage.
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Changing my pickup to OSL, don't wanna miss the pre-evening party.
Has it now been fixed that there will be a party at OSL?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by monitor
with tommy on his home turf there will be a nice pre-evening party for sure

I just hope he knows that FAs are required to have 0.0 alcohol in the blood the next morning...
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
Nothing is confirmed yet. As of right now, the Airbus 319 is too small for this group (101 seats with seatblocking in C, 122 persons on the list + SAS reps, around 25% will cancel, but more will join) and since we have a lot more contacts in SASNO, we playing around with the idea using a Euro version of the 737-800 (140 seats with our set up).

We are going to try to find volunteers to handling, flying and flight attendants to get the costs down and because we have a lot more contacts in Norway and can get valuable help from the Scanair bunch, the DO might start in Oslo. There will of course be a pre-DO party wherever the DO will start and a Champagne breakfast party in a SAS hangar on the morning before departure.

But like I said, nothing is written in stone.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I just hope he knows that FAs are required to have 0.0 alcohol in the blood the next morning...
The real FA's, yes. The fake ones, not so sure...
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:18 am

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
This is BRILLIANT! I'm very interested with a +1.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Since it's been said that you don't show up in Toulouse in a CRJ, wouldn't it be equally blasphemous to show up in a Boeing?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Since it's been said that you don't show up in Toulouse in a CRJ, wouldn't it be equally blasphemous to show up in a Boeing?
Not our fault that Airbus hasn't sold any A320s to SAS
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A Dash 8 would be even funnier.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: SAS EB, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by tommy777
Is it not possible to use the A321s?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
This is true...but one more confirmed seat will get you from a sold out 738 to a sold out 321. ^
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
This is true...but one more confirmed seat will get you from a sold out 738 to a sold out 321. ^
Actually, the 321 is only fractionally larger than the 738 and because we know a lot of people in SAS Norway, we are leaning towards using SASNO instead of SASDK from a price perspective.

But again, nothing is written in stone
Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Nothing is confirmed yet. As of right now, the Airbus 319 is too small for this group (101 seats with seatblocking in C, 122 persons on the list + SAS reps, around 25% will cancel, but more will join) and since we have a lot more contacts in SASNO, we playing around with the idea using a Euro version of the 737-800 (140 seats with our set up).

We are going to try to find volunteers to handling, flying and flight attendants to get the costs down and because we have a lot more contacts in Norway and can get valuable help from the Scanair bunch, the DO might start in Oslo. There will of course be a pre-DO party wherever the DO will start and a Champagne breakfast party in a SAS hangar on the morning before departure.

But like I said, nothing is written in stone.
This is probably a pretty stupid question but I will ask anyway: those flight attendants have to be SAS employees or is any kind of certificate for a specific a/c type enough proof in this case? I might know somebody who would be willing to work for some great fun, she works on A320, B737, A332/3!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.