FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   The great Star Airbus DO, Nov. 5th and 6th (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/907739-great-star-airbus-do-nov-5th-6th.html)

ralfkrippner Jan 17, 2009 8:45 am

Great!

Date is fixed in my schedule, I'm in 100%.

Would you please add a +1 to my name? If it turns out that a lot of people cancel I'm willing to guarantee for up to 20 seats on the chartered flight up untill a few days before flight so that those could get bookings to our starting point.

Also I'm volunteering for pushing the cart, If there is a space left for the mod-servers... ;)

flysurfer Jan 17, 2009 8:56 am

Originally Posted by ralfkrippner (Post 11093175)
I'm willing to guarantee for up to 20 seats on the chartered flight

Klassenfahrt?
Betriebsausflug?

tommy777 Jan 17, 2009 11:32 am

Originally Posted by monitor (Post 11091303)
I seem to recall that there was talk of someone having a chance to get a group rate on Transatlantic C service from one of the *A carriers.

Is that concept still alive or should we just go right on and use up some miles to get to the DO as soon as we know what the starting point is, OSL, ARN, or CPH?

We are getting offers from LH, SK and CO from the US. As soon as the dates are nailed down, I will get pricing.

Thanks!

MichaelFFM Jan 17, 2009 1:44 pm

^ Will postpone my planned holidays for it.

Pls. book me for the entire tour into booking class 'V' out of :

F/C - Fixed booking or Confirmed
V - Very likely
M - Maybe
I - Id**t you can't redeem miles here...

flysurfer Jan 17, 2009 1:47 pm

confirmation

I have now ticketed two LAX-MUC-OSL/MUC-FRA-LAX awards in F, with the MUC-OSL on 04NOV. So the starting point should better be in OSL, because M&M allows date changes, but no rerouting. :eek: :o

bworrell Jan 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Please add me +1 to the list too!

AZ Travels the World Jan 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Please add me +1 (likely OSL)

monitor Jan 17, 2009 3:39 pm

I have now been informed that I too will be +1. :)

tommy777 Jan 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer (Post 11094318)
I have now ticketed two LAX-MUC-OSL/MUC-FRA-LAX awards in F, with the MUC-OSL on 04NOV. So the starting point should better be in OSL, because M&M allows date changes, but no rerouting. :eek: :o

The way it looks now, the DO will start in OSL. We have volunteer FAs from SAS Norway and are working on getting pilots as well. Also, the most roomy SAS single aisle plane is based in Oslo and operated by SAS Norway, the 737-800 in Euro Config. 138 seats total (compared to CO that has between 150-160 WITH First Class). Comfortable for everyone, even in the back.

radu Jan 17, 2009 4:48 pm

I've been following this forum for some 3 years now, and I virtually always ignored threads that involved a "DO" simply because I did not quite understand what it was all about :confused: But now I think I've finally got it @:-) after going through ALL the current thread - and it only took me over an hour :D

And I like the prospect of meeting some other frequent flyers, seeing the TLS factory and (maybe) getting a more positive view of LHR ^

So if there are still places available, please add me to the list. The dates suggested apparently suit me (pending a double-checking next week), and any of the proposed starting points will DO for me. Of course, since TMP was suggested, I'd dare say TKU is a much better choice :D

herro Jan 18, 2009 2:48 am

Originally Posted by tommy777 (Post 11094935)
The way it looks now, the DO will start in OSL. We have volunteer FAs from SAS Norway and are working on getting pilots as well. Also, the most roomy SAS single aisle plane is based in Oslo and operated by SAS Norway, the 737-800 in Euro Config. 138 seats total (compared to CO that has between 150-160 WITH First Class). Comfortable for everyone, even in the back.

If the DO starts in OSL I will be changing my start point to that from CPH. I want to be with all the way.

How do I book a windows seat for all the segments? :-)

Great job so far.

/HerrO

berlinflyer Jan 18, 2009 6:37 am

I am in as well!! ^
And as a Moderator and TalkBoard member I am more than honored to push the cart and serve my fellow FT members and friends :)

dutch_122 Jan 18, 2009 8:16 am

Tommy777,

would like to be added on the list, depending ok from my work.
In my company (Aviapartner Amsterdam) only possible within 6 months timeframe.

Brgds Dutch_122

NewbieRunner Jan 18, 2009 10:43 am

Originally Posted by tommy777 (Post 11094935)
...the most roomy SAS single aisle plane is based in Oslo and operated by SAS Norway, the 737-800 in Euro Config. 138 seats total (compared to CO that has between 150-160 WITH First Class). Comfortable for everyone, even in the back.

Sounds good ^^

I'm looking forward to "a popular extra-large lavatory with two windows in business class" :D I've only seen a lavatory on an aircraft with one window and hope that those of us who end up in Guantanamo Class are allowed to visit the BIZ lavatory! :rolleyes:

kjsaw Jan 18, 2009 11:36 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 11097851)
Sounds good ^^

I'm looking forward to "a popular extra-large lavatory with two windows in business class" :D I've only seen a lavatory on an aircraft with one window and hope that those of us who end up in Guantanamo Class are allowed to visit the BIZ lavatory! :rolleyes:

I could be wrong, but I thought that this was only on the A330 and A340. IIRC the front lav was also made "crew only" at some point wasn't it? I have not done many flights with SAS-NO so I really don't know.