Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS EB offering bonus trips guarantee to EBG's with 2* qualifying points

SAS EB offering bonus trips guarantee to EBG's with 2* qualifying points

Old Dec 11, 08, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Thumbs up SAS EB offering bonus trips guarantee to EBG's with 2* qualifying points

I received an email from Eurobonus. They are now offering priority bonus trips^. You have to have the double the amount of qualifying points for EGB in the current or previous qualifying period. Here is a link (sorry Danish only).

Here are some of the conditions:
  • book at least 60 days ahead
  • only for economy class
  • economy class is not overbooked
  • up to 5 people for each trip
  • book before October 31, 2009
  • for bonus trips taken before December 31, 2009
  • for SAS, Blue 1 and Widerøe flights
  • Outbound and return dates are guaranteed, but not the specific flight on those days.

There is an extra cost of points per passenger for the guarantee:
  • 1500 for within Scandinavia and between Scandinavia, Finland and the Baltic countries
  • 5000 for Europe
  • 10000 for the rest of the world
Old Dec 11, 08, 1:52 pm

I think the surcharge of 10000 for longhaul is decent, but I guess a lot of us here would preferr to be able to book c-class...
On a sidenote the no-black-out-dates for EBP is just great. It seems one can get any flight in any class even on short notice without any extra use of points. I will miss it if (when) I drop down a level...
Old Dec 11, 08, 10:46 pm

Programs: *S(SK EBS), Marriott Platinum Elite
Hi,

I just got the same email. I even got another email as well as the one above.
(this is a translation as the original mail was in Swedish)

-----------------------------------
Hi Gunner,
soon you will be able to get bonus trips guarantee!
As a Goldmember and one of our most frequent travellers, you are extra important to us. This is why you are now one of the selected few who can get a guaranteed bonus trip for up to 5 persons when you book it. You can even book this trip up to 60 days in advance. This means that you no longer have to look very hard to find any award seats, you can book virtually any seat on the plane using points!

For you to get there faster, we will now add 30,000 status points* to your EB account. After this you will only need to make x amount of points before the end of your qualification period in order to get your seat guarnatee.

On flights with SAS, Blue1 and our other partners you will earn points as normally. These you can later use for different bonus offers, such as for example trips, hotels, car rentals and many other things

Welcome onboard soon again!

*statuspoints can only be used for upgrading to the next EB level

I dont know why they decided to give me 30k points, when this email was sent out, I was only a few 100 points away from that level anyway. But anyway, I am yet to recieve those 30k points to my account. Perhaps I wont even get them since I also just made a IC roundtrip in C pushing me past the double Gold this year anyway, but lets see
Old Dec 12, 08, 2:12 am

Programs: SK *S, IC Plat, Hz 5*
Interesting. EB is introducing a level above Gold.
Old Dec 12, 08, 4:23 am

They had the same deal last year - with the same points required.
Old Dec 12, 08, 2:22 pm

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by ebra View Post
Interesting. EB is introducing a level above Gold.
...not introducing as the unofficial Pandion level has been around for years already.
Old Dec 12, 08, 5:47 pm

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Hi,

I just got the same email. I even got another email as well as the one above.
(this is a translation as the original mail was in Swedish)

Hi Gunner,
soon you will be able to get bonus trips guarantee!
As a Goldmember and one of our most frequent travellers, you are extra important to us. This is why you are now one of the selected few who can get a guaranteed bonus trip for up to 5 persons when you book it. You can even book this trip up to 60 days in advance. This means that you no longer have to look very hard to find any award seats, you can book virtually any seat on the plane using points!

For you to get there faster, we will now add 30,000 status points* to your EB account. After this you will only need to make x amount of points before the end of your qualification period in order to get your seat guarnatee.

On flights with SAS, Blue1 and our other partners you will earn points as normally. These you can later use for different bonus offers, such as for example trips, hotels, car rentals and many other things

Welcome onboard soon again!

*statuspoints can only be used for upgrading to the next EB level

I dont know why they decided to give me 30k points, when this email was sent out, I was only a few 100 points away from that level anyway. But anyway, I am yet to recieve those 30k points to my account. Perhaps I wont even get them since I also just made a IC roundtrip in C pushing me past the double Gold this year anyway, but lets see
I only got 10k points. Why are they giving out different amounts of points?

BFN
Old Dec 13, 08, 1:59 am

Programs: SK *S, IC Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn View Post
...not introducing as the unofficial Pandion level has been around for years already.
... Pandion is a different kind of level alltogether. No matter how many points you earn, you're never guaranteed to reach Pandion - unlike the new (or maybe not so new?) level above Gold.
Old Dec 13, 08, 2:52 am

Programs: EBG, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Strange. I have not received any such mail, despite the fact I have been EBG for 9, soon to become 10, consecutive years!

Perhaps this is dependent on how far above the basic G qualifying level you get ? If so, even more strange since I have already reached my gold level, and I still have 6 months left of this qualifying period.
Old Dec 13, 08, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by 3cseat View Post
Perhaps this is dependent on how far above the basic G qualifying level you get ? If so, even more strange since I have already reached my gold level, and I still have 6 months left of this qualifying period.
You need to reach "doubble gold".
Old Dec 13, 08, 9:47 am

Programs: SAS *G
This must be very selective. I have been *G since joining 4 years ago and currently have more than 240K points with this year with one month to go. Perhaps the real FF's are not so interesting to SAS
Old Dec 13, 08, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by mwh7199 View Post
This must be very selective. I have been *G since joining 4 years ago and currently have more than 240K points with this year with one month to go. Perhaps the real FF's are not so interesting to SAS
Just my point. This seems to be very selective!
Old Dec 14, 08, 4:16 am

Programs: SK*G, FI
Same story here ... does it apply only locally?
Old Dec 14, 08, 5:28 am

Programs: SK EBD, TG*G
Unless this offer is limited to EB members in certain countries, the only requirement should be Double Gold.

I received an email in October this year with SK informing me that this offer had been extended to the end of 2009 due to the positive feedback from their customers. This information is available on their web pages, at least the Norwegian version: http://www.sas.no/no/EuroBonus/Om-Eu...seat/?vst=true

I have not been successful in finding this information on their English site (I did however not make a very thorough search, so the information might be there). I would expect this offer to be available for all their Double Golds (EBG+), but I do not know if this is the case or whether it is limited to some countries only.

I have not taken advantage of this offer. Like SK_RSJ I would prefer C class. With the exception of great offers like the 20K, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...us-offers.html, and a similar one to PVG in 2006, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...oday-only.html, all my long haul award trips are in C or F. I would however most likely have missed both these offers if it had not been for FT, so thanks a lot guys.
Old Dec 14, 08, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by ds_osl View Post
Unless this offer is limited to EB members in certain countries, the only requirement should be Double Gold.

I received an email in October this year with SK informing me that this offer had been extended to the end of 2009 due to the positive feedback from their customers. This information is available on their web pages, at least the Norwegian version: http://www.sas.no/no/EuroBonus/Om-Eu...seat/?vst=true

I have not been successful in finding this information on their English site (I did however not make a very thorough search, so the information might be there). I would expect this offer to be available for all their Double Golds (EBG+), but I do not know if this is the case or whether it is limited to some countries only.

I have not taken advantage of this offer. Like SK_RSJ I would prefer C class. With the exception of great offers like the 20K, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...us-offers.html, and a similar one to PVG in 2006, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...oday-only.html, all my long haul award trips are in C or F. I would however most likely have missed both these offers if it had not been for FT, so thanks a lot guys.
Interesting. The first link does not show up if I log into the SAS website. This only shows using your link!

Apparently this is a offer for only Double Gould, e.g already have qualified, or are very close. Since I was far from double gold last year, and just reasontly achevied the Gold level for my present period, I don't qualify.

This is OK, but does not give me any incentive to use SAS a lot for the remaining part of my qualifying period, except for the EBG benefits, which is not a lot anyway! ( I might add most of my flights are between OSL - ARN - GPH - HEL. Norwegian offers a usually a much cheaper service between most of these cities making it difficult to defend the extra charge using SAS!

I might just concentrate on achivieng some benefits in the other programs the rest of the period.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: