45 min to connect in ARN?

Old Oct 21, 08, 11:40 am
Original Poster

45 min to connect in ARN?

I'm looking at booking a flight FRA - ARN - KRN in late Dec. There is 45min between flights - will this be ok?

Thanks,
Mel.b
Old Oct 21, 08, 12:04 pm

Programs: Various
It can be done although in my opinion it's a bit tight. Domestic flights are in a different terminal and it's a 10 minute walk there from your arrival gate.
Old Oct 21, 08, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Forget it with luggage. Just hand luggage you will be running for your life...
Old Oct 21, 08, 1:54 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
If you have checked luggage you will need to pick it up at ARN, take it through customs, and deposit it again at the domestic terminal 4.

With checked luggage 45 minutes might be a bit tight if baggage delivery is slow, if you only have hand luggage it should be OK in my opinion even though you need to get from terminal 5 to terminal 4.
Old Oct 21, 08, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

I'll definately have checked luggage. Won't they check it all the way through to KRN?
Old Oct 21, 08, 3:46 pm

Programs: Various
Yes, but you still have to pick it up in Stockholm and bring it through customs yourself which obviously adds some time to the calculations.
Old Oct 21, 08, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that info. Sounds like I'm better off taking the earlier (dearer) flight from FRA instead.
Old Oct 21, 08, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by mel.b View Post
I'll definately have checked luggage. Won't they check it all the way through to KRN?
I would say that it will be very dificult even with hand luggauge. It depennd what part of terminal 5 you arrive in.

With checked luggage - impossible! You will have to get it through customs yourself.
Old Nov 5, 08, 6:07 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Usually the boarding gate close 10' before takeoff. With 45' you've to RUN and, as someone said, forget the luggage. If you do not travel with handluggage only, consider the thru-checking on departue.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: