Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning: LH V books as SK U

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2008, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Exclamation Warning: LH V books as SK U

All,

General warning. Just had a weekend trip booked in LH V class for all segments. 3 LH segments and one SK code-share. All points posted towards EB as I want to requalify for EBG.

Well... bad news... LH V actually books into SK U when the flight is on SK metal. So I got a whooping 385 points on a OSL-FRA flight. The LH FRA-ATH flights on the other hand gets me a solid 1000 points per segment...

Very very disappointing. Penalized for flying SK... should have stayed on LH metal. Or maybe just booked W and ditched EB alltogether. Will anyways be M&M soon.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 4:55 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Marriott Rewards, SPG, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Sadly a fact, but this isn't anything new anyways.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 12:24 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
This is so silly. When will they start awarding points for marketing carrier? This is the one you give your money to... argh.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Gnopps
This is so silly. When will they start awarding points for marketing carrier? This is the one you give your money to... argh.
Overall it is a rather nasty scam as this information is not put anywhere. Not sure when this became the case, but I am rather sure that it used to be totally safe to book LH V, and I didn't find anything on FT (but naturally, searching on booking classes is not really easy).
Old Oct 8, 2008, 3:42 am

Programs: Many, most dormant...
Originally Posted by larsll
Overall it is a rather nasty scam as this information is not put anywhere. Not sure when this became the case, but I am rather sure that it used to be totally safe to book LH V, and I didn't find anything on FT (but naturally, searching on booking classes is not really easy).
Even when it is indicated that a flight is operated by another carrier, there are so many variations that predicting the earnings becomes pure guesswork.

I flew four segments on SK this week, the last being operated by LO in booking class Q (or was it H - anyway, 100% Eco), so both SK and LO flight numbers. I would have credited the flight to Eurobonus for 800+15% points whereas M&M would give me only 750. Then I realised that like with a similar KF flight operated by LO last week, I'd get only 600 points and no Silver bonus. I then ran to the check-in desk at CPH to change the FFP for the last leg to M&M...
Old Oct 9, 2008, 2:15 am

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
It's a sad state of affairs when this confusing system befuddles people like those on this forum, who are generally quite familiar with how FF systems work. It must be even worse for those who aren't experts. They should really clear this up, as it's definitely quite complicated and unclear for all.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfidler
It's a sad state of affairs when this confusing system befuddles people like those on this forum, who are generally quite familiar with how FF systems work. It must be even worse for those who aren't experts. They should really clear this up, as it's definitely quite complicated and unclear for all.
More than confusing I think it can be defined as undocumented. There is no documentation anywhere how booking classes map on code shares. So unless we on the Forum reverse engineer it is impossible to know in advance...
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Let me get this straight? I now have booked 2 flights that are on OS metal but SK flight number. They are in Q and W. But these can translate to any booking class and possibly not award any miles at all? And no-one knows the logic behind how these translate? What an alliance...

Last edited by niksal; Oct 20, 2008 at 5:57 am
Old Oct 20, 2008, 8:54 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Actually I think it should be that miles should be awarded by operating carrier, however the class should remain the same as tkt-d. Eg. flight bought in LH V, op by SK, should be as SK V, LH S, op SK should be SK S for miles earning reasons. At least bmi DC does like this and it is in the rules. Sometimes indeed, to get it like this, one has to do retro-reg, as sometimes the mappings are U->W or whatever combinations, and thus has to claimed back later. I got for instance on SK flight, op by JK, booked in U, in the beginning W points, but then when I sent my ticket and showed that it was booked as U, then JK U points.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 10:03 am

So if my SK W turns out to be for instance OS E (0 points) I can get my points via retro-registration? Sounds very odd...
Old Oct 20, 2008, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Fims
I got for instance on SK flight, op by JK, booked in U, in the beginning W points, but then when I sent my ticket and showed that it was booked as U, then JK U points.
The mapping of booking classes is something we will have to live with as each carrier have their needs, but it is extemely difficult to keep track of, even within the SK group. Example: I reserved a dirt chepat JK ticket online from the JK website. However I called SAS and asked them to ticket it as I couldn´t use Diners on the JK website. Ticket was one of the lowest JK booking classes: S. On the SK issued e-ticket receipt it says "S Economy Extra".
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:23 pm

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by niksal
So if my SK W turns out to be for instance OS E (0 points) I can get my points via retro-registration? Sounds very odd...
With the standard Bangkok retro-registration I think you will not have much success. But I have from time to time been able to get some extra points from SAS Customer Service when I have sent them a letter explaining the situation and that there was absolutely no way for me as a customer to know what booking class I was buying into.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 11:17 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Yes, with DC you would. With Eurobonus, very slim chance.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 12:43 am

I was booked in SK W and the OS boarding card showed class E. I emailed Eurobonus and asked if there is any point making a retro-claim, since the points have of course not shown up in my account. The answer was that since OS also has a booking class W, it will give me points according to W, i.e. 25%.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

I was booked in SK W and the OS boarding card showed class E. I emailed Eurobonus and asked if there is any point making a retro-claim, since the points have of course not shown up in my account. The answer was that since OS also has a booking class W, it will give me points according to W, i.e. 25%.
Hmm... good point. I shall write to attempt the same. 385 vs. 1500 points... it is worth an e-mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.