FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   SAS special offer: STO PAR, BRU, MIL... 500 SEK all in (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/872948-sas-special-offer-sto-par-bru-mil-500-sek-all.html)

ranskis Oct 5, 2008 5:19 am

SAS special offer: STO PAR, BRU, MIL... 500 SEK all in

The "nya europaflyget" seems to be still at 650 SEK but now there is a 500 SEK offer with fare basis OSEOWM. How many points? 1000 SEK for a weekend trip to Paris and 3600 points sounds too sweet to be true...

E.N. Oct 5, 2008 6:21 am

O-class is the new future campaign bookingclass with 25% earnings, first released in POS SE.

Fredrik74 Oct 5, 2008 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by E.N. (Post 10472757)
O-class is the new future campaign bookingclass with 25% earnings, first released in POS SE.

I booked a flight to TXL and the booking confirmation said "O First" which sounded strange especially since it also said the usual about food/drink to purchase.

ranskis Oct 6, 2008 12:00 am

I think staralliance lists O as "First award"...

I have also noticed some inconsistencies on AF, which uses A for "First award" but also for some European discount economy. Checkmytrip recognizes it as "economy restricted" and taxes for CDG LAX are 175.25 EUR whereas "flex awards" booked in P have taxes of 211.25 EUR, the difference is explained by the Chirac solidarity tax of 4 EUR for Y and 40 EUR for C/F.

=> if you book SAS O class from PAR, you will surely pay the premium solidarity tax (10 EUR instead of 1 EUR) since the GDS recognizes it as a premium booking class :)

Chriscross Oct 6, 2008 12:01 am

Originally Posted by E.N. (Post 10472757)

So this is the end for the V-campaigns?:(

GetAA81Back2ARN Oct 6, 2008 8:17 am

Originally Posted by ranskis (Post 10472655)
The "nya europaflyget" seems to be still at 650 SEK but now there is a 500 SEK offer with fare basis OSEOWM. How many points? 1000 SEK for a weekend trip to Paris and 3600 points sounds too sweet to be true...

I think the standard fare is now SEK700 for Europe and SEK500 for domestic flights.

Unfortunatley I also think this may be the end of V campaigns. :(

E.N. Oct 7, 2008 5:04 pm

Yes, enjoy the VKAMP/VCAMP the last days/weeks POS NO/EUR. As I wrote in post #2, O-class is the future campaign class within Europe, and can presently be seen in the fare displays POS SE in the GDS/CRS.

AHO Oct 8, 2008 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Fredrik74 (Post 10474467)
I booked a flight to TXL and the booking confirmation said "O First" which sounded strange especially since it also said the usual about food/drink to purchase.

I've got that too on my ARN-CDG e-ticket receipt.
I wonder if I am eligible to enter *A lounge when I show the e-ticket receipt.;)

Chriscross Oct 15, 2008 2:01 pm

[QUOTE=E.N.;10485021]Yes, enjoy the VKAMP/VCAMP the last days/weeks POS NO/EUR. As I wrote in post #2, O-class is the future campaign class within Europe, and can presently be seen in the fare displays POS SE in the GDS/CRS.[/QUOTE

From 16th Oct Vkamp will be moved to O-class. Two more hours to book into V-class...

Seriously thinking about giving up on SAS and Eurobonus ,and start using Norwegian for my 110+ annual domestic flights...

ILS2 Oct 23, 2008 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Chriscross (Post 10525243)
From 16th Oct Vkamp will be moved to O-class. Two more hours to book into V-class...

Can someone confirm this? Is VKamp history?

Fims Oct 24, 2008 1:17 am

I think you can make the last grabs.. still shows in the system but ... last time I guess.

[KVS Availability Tool 3.3.1/Platinum - Sabre: Fares/TVN/CA]
Code:

OSL  Oslo Metro / Oslo Gardermoen NO = OSL TRF RYG [ENGM]
CDG  Paris Charles De Gaulle FR [LFPG]
RT  Oct-Sep

Carrier  From  To  Fare      Cur  Expiry    Min  Max  Fare Basis
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ----------
SK        OSL    CDG      108  EUR                      ONORTM
SK        OSL    CDG      108  EUR                      VKAMP
SK        OSL    CDG      186  EUR                      TNORTM
SK        OSL    CDG      224  EUR                      LNORTM
SK        OSL    CDG      255  EUR                      KNORTM
SK        OSL    CDG      290  EUR                      UNORTM
SK        OSL    CDG      334  EUR                      WNORTM
SK        OSL    CDG      396  EUR                      QNORTM
SK        OSL    CDG      479  EUR                      HNORTM
SK        OSL    CDG      592  EUR                      MNORTM
SK        OSL    CDG      727  EUR                      ENORTM
SK        OSL    CDG      747  EUR                      BNOY
SK        OSL    CDG      838  EUR                      SNOY
SK        OSL    CDG      927  EUR                      YNOY
SK        OSL    CDG    1185  EUR                      DNOC
SK        OSL    CDG    1242  EUR                      CNOC

ILS2 Oct 24, 2008 8:48 am

Did some research myself. A friend of mine who works as a travel agent, logged into sassalesinfo.com and found this:

"VKAMP fares will be moved to O - class from 16OCT08
Valid for sale and travel from 16OCT08 VKAMP fares will be moved to O-class. The new Fare Basis will be ONOWM and ONORTM. The new O-class fares will offer identical fare-levels and conditions as for VKAMP fares. VKAMP fares will be removed from the CRS 03NOV08. Changes to VKAMP fares made after 16OCT08 are to be made in O-class."

So if I'm not mistaking, V-class tickets found from now on, will only book into O-class. Tried to book a trip where the system showed Vkamp-availability, but it came out in O-class.

As we know, O-class is 25% earnings, so no more "freebies" from SAS :(

SK_RSJ Oct 24, 2008 10:32 am

IMHO I think it is reasonable that campaign fares such as SEK 500:- to Paris has low earnings. The big :td: here is the W.
Especially for SK long haul it is very expensive now to travel in M with 100% earnings. Compare to e.g. Lufthansa. If you book a normal leisure priced long haul flight with LH it will always be in 100% earning booking class. They use the low earnings (25%) classes for ultra cheap or campaigns which is fine by me actually.

Without any specific hard facts, but gut feeling, I´d say a typical M cabin ARN-ORD is filled up to 90% with 25%-earning pax these days. This is a problem for Eurobonus as a program.

slowly Oct 24, 2008 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ (Post 10571347)
Compare to e.g. Lufthansa. If you book a normal leisure priced long haul flight with LH it will always be in 100% earning booking class.

Not entirely true, somehow I always end up with 50% W with LH…

AHO Oct 27, 2008 8:23 am

Originally Posted by slowly (Post 10572138)
Not entirely true, somehow I always end up with 50% W with LH…

But you can earn 100% UA M+ miles when you fly LH W class.
That's a big difference from SAS W class. (You earn only 25% on partners FFP too.)
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1189,00.html