FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Code-share question from a rookie (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/870785-code-share-question-rookie.html)

niksal Sep 28, 2008 3:38 pm

Code-share question from a rookie

Hi,

I don't really have experience from codeshares, so I have to ask you experts!

1) Where can I actually book SK codeshares on the net? For instance, if operating airline is OS, and I know there is a SK codeshare, where can I make my booking on the SK code? Not on the SAS page at least... Yes, probably a walk/call to a travel agent would help, but can I do it on the net?

2) Do I benefit from that? I don't know if this is a realistic example, but if I book a really cheap ticket (like L or T, don't know if you can do that) on the SK code, do I receive miles even though OS would not give points for those classes? I've understood the status bonuses are only for SK operated flights, but do I receive anything?

3) By looking at some other threads, I've understood that a SK class is not necessarily the same on other *A. Has anyone done a compilation of the mess?

Thanx for your help!
(+20 flights with *A within 2 months, still going back to EBB now for a while)

Discus Sep 29, 2008 1:19 am

Originally Posted by niksal (Post 10438915)
1) Where can I actually book SK codeshares on the net? For instance, if operating airline is OS, and I know there is a SK codeshare, where can I make my booking on the SK code? Not on the SAS page at least... Yes, probably a walk/call to a travel agent would help, but can I do it on the net?

Try http://www.wideroe.no and limit the search to "SK"

ErasmusEBS Sep 29, 2008 5:48 am

As to your second question, remember that miles are always awarded according to operating carrier and ticketed class is then translated through an often rather obscure method, normally a cheap ticket will unsurprisingly translate into a "cheap" fare bucket. Normally codeshares come up when you have some sort of connecting flight like SK CPH-ORD and then a SK-codeshare flight ORD-DFW (operated by UA to give an example)...

GetAA81Back2ARN Sep 29, 2008 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by niksal (Post 10438915)

If SK were willing to sell you the seat they would enable it on the web. But, on the other hand, we are talking about SAS IT so maybe not... ;)

Keep in mind that several of SKs codeshares with other airlines are traffic restricted. (In many wesites you can see this by the symbol "TR".) In the example of OS you will find the SK codeshare when searching for VIE-ARN-EWR on sas.se for example. You will not find the SK codeshare on ARN-VIE or ARN-CPH-VIE.

On an external site, such as travellink.com, I were able to create bookings using the SK codeshare on ARN-CPH-VIE but not on ARN-VIE or CPH-VIE.

And when finding the codeshare, whatever date I selected I always got the full C fare...

Don't ask me why.

Ans also remember that you usually don't gain anything by booking the codeshares as it is the operating carrier giving out points (unless SK is the operating carrier) in which case you can gain when booking B class on LH for example).

niksal Sep 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Ok, thanx for the responses. I was mostly interested in the HEL-VIE. The most important information here was that it is the operating carrier that is the decisive factor here. Would be quite interesting to see if anyone can come up with an example of a SK route that would give up this codeshare (maybe SK 9421?), i.e. from where do you fly to Vienna that would give the route via Helsinki with departure from HEL 8 am?