FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Hertz and Eurobonus credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/867898-hertz-eurobonus-credit.html)

gnaget Sep 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Hertz and Eurobonus credit

I never get automatic Eurobonus credit with Hertz. It is in my online profile and I make sure that it is selected every time. I did a local rental last week where you have to go to the counter and as usual they said that there was no frequent flier in my account. When the woman entered it then she said that the system would only accept it with out the letters.

Is this problem? Does anyone get credit with SAS smoothly if you do it online and pick up the car from the gold canopy or whatever they call it?

cph_flyer Oct 20, 2008 4:46 am

Originally Posted by gnaget (Post 10396091)
I never get automatic Eurobonus credit with Hertz. It is in my online profile and I make sure that it is selected every time. I did a local rental last week where you have to go to the counter and as usual they said that there was no frequent flier in my account. When the woman entered it then she said that the system would only accept it with out the letters.

Is this problem? Does anyone get credit with SAS smoothly if you do it online and pick up the car from the gold canopy or whatever they call it?

My experience with Hertz is that they are extremely slow to post points. When they state that it could take 4-6 weeks to credit your Eurobonus account , they mean 4-6 weeks.;)
In contrast to that , Avis points are processed within a matter of days. The points from my latest Avis rental in Germany posted to my Eurobonus account even before the 5 day rental was over .

Tor Viking Oct 20, 2008 5:28 am

Originally Posted by gnaget (Post 10396091)
When the woman entered it then she said that the system would only accept it with out the letters.

What country did you rent the car from? Here in Norway and Sweden, we have the system where only the numbers are needed.
It is also correct it takes ages before the points go into your account.
I have myself tested the system and found several errors using codes which will not give you points either. I have brought this up with HQ and have stirred up something in which will irritate many renters.
So my big question is: which rate are you using? If it`s GBD...your stuffed.
+ always check your rental agreement to see if your EB No. is there.

ErasmusEBS Oct 20, 2008 6:02 am

Though the slow/random posting of points is one reason I normally rent with Avis there is a new parameter in the game since maybe half a year back and that is that Hertz awards 1000 points (not 500) on rentals of five days or more. So far, I have only had one such rental with them at EWR and it posted with 1000 points after a week or so.