Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Slightly OT: Nextjet expanding fleet with BAe ATPs

Old Aug 31, 08, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond

My dad works with Westair a lot and mentioned he saw an airline called Nextjet, i hadn't heard of them before but was curious when he mentioned they had acquired 3 BAe ATPs. I then found this:

BAE Systems Regional Aircraft announced on 22 August that Nextjet AB, a Swedish regional airline based in Sollentuna, has acquired three BAE 68-seat ATP passenger turboprop aircraft.

The aircraft will be used on a three year Public Service Obligation (PSO) contract awarded to the airline by the Swedish authorities to serve routes linking smaller communities in the north of Sweden. The PSO contract calls for aircraft with a minimum of 50 seats to be used on the routes.

All three aircraft have been sub-leased from ATP operator West Air Sweden, who will also supply maintenance and support for the aircraft. Two of the aircraft come from the existing West Air fleet, with the third aircraft being newly leased to West Air to fulfil the Nextjet requirement.

From 25 October NextJet will commence scheduled ATP service on routes linking Arvidsjaur and Lycksele to Stockholm Arlanda, from Gallivare to Arlanda and from Hemavan and Vilhelmina to Arlanda.
Old Aug 31, 08, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K, Ex-DL Plat, SPG Plat, IC Plat, Hilton Gold
BAE = Bring Another Engine
Old Sep 1, 08, 3:44 am

Programs: *S(SK EBS), Marriott Platinum Elite
I have flown with nextjet twice. Once from ARN to EVG, and then back. Both flights went via the city of Mora veeeeeeery tiny airplane it was
Old Sep 2, 08, 1:20 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by globalste View Post
Nextjet AB, a Swedish regional airline based in Sollentuna, has acquired three BAE 68-seat ATP passenger turboprop aircraft.
So, time to re-brand to Nextprop AB, I guess...
Old Sep 2, 08, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
It is deeply ironic that (iirc) they have an all-turboprop fleet and are called Nextjet!
Old Sep 2, 08, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by globalste View Post
It is deeply ironic that (iirc) they have an all-turboprop fleet and are called Nextjet!
I bet their Next plane will be a Jet

Search this Thread