Search

Lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, EBG, USAir Silver
Lounge access

Hi!

I'm will in a week be traveling from ARN to EWR with my sister and her husband. My question is, since they are not EBGs, will they be allowed access to the lounge with me. On SAS webpage it states that EBGs are "welcome to bring one guest or their immediate family into the following lounges". Will they fall in to this category? Any one have experience of this?
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:33 pm

I highly doubt you will face a problem. Just be confident at the counter and don´t leave them a choice. I guess even going strict by the rules those guys are actually "Immediate".
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by GroupController
Hi!

I'm will in a week be traveling from ARN to EWR with my sister and her husband. My question is, since they are not EBGs, will they be allowed access to the lounge with me. On SAS webpage it states that EBGs are "welcome to bring one guest or their immediate family into the following lounges". Will they fall in to this category? Any one have experience of this?
It all depends on the person on the door. Strictly speaking, the "family" means husband/wife and kids. Saying that, you have nothing to lose by trying.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 6:55 am

"immediate family" does mean "husband/wife/kids". I was in OSL with my partner and with in-laws recently (taking advantage of cheap V-fares), and we were denied access to the lounge since the dragon considered in-laws to not be immediate family. YMMW, of course, but it's a data-point all the same.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: SAS EB Diamond, CC Concierge, Hyatt Diamond
Going to travel to OSL-ARN-EWR in a month with my parents, to visit my brother who is living in US.
I have EBG, and it will be interesting to see if parents are immediate family...
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, EBG, USAir Silver
When I did travel from CPH to EWR I had no problem of bringing my mom in to the lounge. The staff were so friendly when we did show up. My conclusion it depends on who is standing at the front desk, I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.