Air Baltic 757 on long-haul

Old Aug 4, 08, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Gold, LHS, SAS EB
Air Baltic 757 on long-haul

I am planning to use Air Baltic from Stockholm via Riga to Almaty in Kazakhstan. The travel time seem quite good altoghether.

Air Baltic is using old Iberia 757's on the route , what is the seat pitch like and is there actually a difference between business seats and economy since there is not much of a price difference ?

Have seen some less impressive remarks on Air Baltics service so I am prepared but if the seat pich is bad , then that is an issue on a 6-7 hour flight

I have been on LH to the same destination and eager to try something else as LH used their oldest planes on this route.
Old Aug 4, 08, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by trakzter View Post
I am planning to use Air Baltic from Stockholm via Riga to Almaty...

Air Baltic is using old Iberia 757's on the route , what is the seat pitch like and is there actually a difference between business seats and economy since there is not much of a price difference ?

... if the seat pich is bad , then that is an issue on a 6-7 hour flight.
It doesn't look good, I'm afraid. They cram 200 passengers on those planes

http://www.airbaltic.com/public/26562.html

Air Baltic is not covered by SeatGuru, but if you go there and look at what other carriers have on their 757-200s, you'll get an idea. Seat pitch on your flight could be as little as 30".

cheers,

Henry
Old Aug 5, 08, 7:18 am

Programs: SK*S OZ*G
My friend recently did RIX-LGW on BT, and I believe they use their 757 on that route (I asked her if it was a "big plane" and she said yes). She said the leg room and service was fine, though she's not much into flying. She's about170cm tall.
Old Aug 5, 08, 3:06 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The IB 757s are one of the tightest 757s out there
Old Aug 5, 08, 4:24 pm

Programs: Various
I will be going on the very same route as the OP in September so hopefully I can report after that but don't expect to much because I plan to sleep. I don't have a problem sleeping on Transwede's RJ70(?) between ARN and HAM(or LCY) so maybe I'm not the right person to ask.
Old Aug 5, 08, 4:32 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
The IB 757s are one of the tightest 757s out there
It doesn't beat Finnairs with 229 seats. Also AirBaltic doesn't have any premium seats in their config.

Here's a seat map. Where for example CO put 16 BusinessFirst seats, AirBaltic puts 36 Economy seats, so you can compare this to the legroom you get on CO over the Atlantic on a 757. (it's a little tighter than CO, but not noticeable)

http://www.airbaltic.com/public/26562.html#b200
Old Aug 5, 08, 4:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

AirBaltic opens new route to Dubai

Unfortunately, you have to stay overnight both ways to connect. Prices are very cheap though:

http://www.boarding.no/art.asp?id=32563
Old Aug 6, 08, 4:53 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
I wonder what is the most uncomfortable way to fly to DXB from Northern Europe: BT 757, AY 757 (charter flights, but can still be booked via regular booking engines) or the DY 738.

None of these options appeal to me..
Old Aug 6, 08, 4:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
much worse is Iberojet A330 with "29! Flew with them on the route MAD-Punta Cana... atleast I got an exit row seat!
Old Aug 6, 08, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Gold, LHS, SAS EB
Originally Posted by tommy777 View Post
It doesn't beat Finnairs with 229 seats. Also AirBaltic doesn't have any premium seats in their config.

Here's a seat map. Where for example CO put 16 BusinessFirst seats, AirBaltic puts 36 Economy seats, so you can compare this to the legroom you get on CO over the Atlantic on a 757. (it's a little tighter than CO, but not noticeable)

http://www.airbaltic.com/public/26562.html#b200
Still dont get the configuration , maybe the business section get a blocked middle seat ?
According to Flyerguide.net Air Baltics standard seat pitch is 30-31'' but it does not include the 757 aircraft in the list.

Any entertainment system onboard the Air Baltic 757? Onboard LH ( using an old Airbus 319) to Almaty there was nothing :-(

Search this Thread