Any discounts?

Old Jul 15, 2008, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Any discounts?

Are there any discounts or anything I could get off of CC that may be of value to me for a trip from AMS-CPH-NYO? How many miles would this trip take? United says 20k, SAS says 30k... Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 4:31 pm

Are you sure you are going to NYO? The best discount would obviously be the direct flight on FR.
ANd that would also give an answer to the miles question.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Yeah I want to go to Stockholm, but stopover in Prague for a few days, if possible. What is FR?
Old Jul 16, 2008, 3:56 am

Programs: SK*G
FR is Ryanair. And if you would like to go to Stockholm, Arlanda (ARN) and Bromma (BMA) are closer.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Oh! Yeah, that would be great, but FR does not fly out of Amsterdam, Copenhagen, and I can't find a date that they actually have a flight from Prague to Stockholm...

Thanks for the advice. Is there an nearer to Copenhagen that FR might use?
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:31 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
If you tell us again from where (Amsterdam? Prague?) to where (any Stockholm airport?) you want to go, and if you want to buy your ticket or use miles (from what program?), we might be able to help you.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 4:45 am
Original Poster

ha, i'm sorry. i'm confusing myself as well.

i'm looking to go from amsterdam to prague (spend 2 nights) to stockholm. I'd pay if it was relatively cheap, otherwise I'd like to use miles, but don't know how many miles this would take...

Thanks
Old Jul 16, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
The number of miles depends on your program. Check the webpage of the Star Alliance airline where you have your miles if you want to travel with SAS.

Ryanair starts PRG-NYO in October.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by rollingby
ha, i'm sorry. i'm confusing myself as well.

i'm looking to go from amsterdam to prague (spend 2 nights) to stockholm. I'd pay if it was relatively cheap, otherwise I'd like to use miles, but don't know how many miles this would take...

Thanks
The only airlines that fly directly from PRG to Stockholm (ARN) are SAS, Czech airlines and Sterling. If you by some reason really want to fly from PRG to NYO airport (Stockholm/Skavsta - located about 100 km south of Stockholm), your best option would probarbly be to take the train from Prague to Bratislava, Slovakia (about a 4-5 hour journey from Prague) and catch a Ryanair flight from there to NYO.

If you want to use EB miles remember that Eurobonus charges the same amount of miles for oneways as return flights (the only difference for you would be that the taxes are lower on a oneway flight). The price PRG-ARN with SK is 30K in Economy, a *A award would be 40K.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by SK989
If you want to use EB miles remember that Eurobonus charges the same amount of miles for oneways as return flights (the only difference for you would be that the taxes are lower on a oneway flight). The price PRG-ARN with SK is 30K in Economy, a *A award would be 40K.
Really? Don't they charge you for both ways?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.