Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Reserved sections on domestic flights

Old Dec 30, 2003, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G

Me and my girlfriend returned to STO from the southern parts of Sweden this weekend. When we came to the gate at MMX Sunday morning, I first swiped my EB-card and selected a window seat in row 2 - almost all seats in row 1-6 were available. When my girlfriend did the same thing 10 seconds later, she was unable to select any seat in rows 1-6.

Is this usually the case? The staff at the gate tried to manually place her next to me, but the system responded something like "Section not released for this category". We were on the same PNR, but with separate E-ticket IDs (my EBG-card and her EBB-card).

I was finally placed in row 18 next to her. I thought all seats not pre-reserved (C/D-class) or selected by people that had already checked in were released this close to departure (approx 25 minutes prior to departure). Is there any way to get around this? Put both tickets on the same card (although there are other disadvantages to this).
Old Dec 30, 2003, 3:31 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I'm flying domestic tomorrow and as always rows 1-6 are blocked. When checking in manually I have been able to get 1A on request, but I think the agent then put me as a disabled person maybe.
Old Jan 2, 2004, 12:19 pm

Programs: EBB
I flew SDL-ARN-OSL vv this week and weren't able to reserve row 1-6. I asked a gate agent about it and she said it was due to som new rules, the first rows were held back to full fare passengers.

No more 1F for me then...
Old Jan 3, 2004, 3:24 am

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
No problem picking row 2 as EB Silver two days ago on ARN-KLR.

Didn´t have my MX *G in this reservation either, so it was definitely not a gold benefit. Just EBS as e-ticket.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:02 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I flew MMX-ARN a couple of days ago and the first rows were blocked. When I boarded the plane I saw some people sitting there and so asked a FA if I could switch to bulkhead. After talking to the pilot he came back and told me no, due to weight balance (MD80). Could this be a reason why they are blocked as well?
Old Jan 3, 2004, 1:17 pm
Point_Chaser

jopo was absolutely right above. Rows 1-6 are from 01JAN reserved for full fare travellers.
Full fare passengers have been compaining that they are allocated seats far back in the planes instead of in the front. So the allocations in the front rows was presented as a new "advantage" with the new concept introduced when the food was also taken away.
I will try to find the source for further info.

Old Jan 5, 2004, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G
Great! This is finally a move in the right direction. I wouldn't mind if they blocked the middle seat as well if the load on the flight permitted.

Will the rows 1-6 be released only for C/D-pax, or will EBG be able to get them on lower fares as well? Not that I really care since I'm only in a hurry when travelling on business, and then I'm on C-fare anyway.

[This message has been edited by johanmm (edited Jan 05, 2004).]
Old Jan 6, 2004, 8:54 am

It sound ok with me too; if you pay full fare you get to sit in front...

As for reserving 2 (or more) persons on an e-ticket, I wouldn't recommend it. I have tried several times and there seems to be a bug in SAS selfservice checkin - you cannot check in your self, but have to use the check in counters (and stand in line..)

Don't know, if they fixed it. They are on to it, as far as I know.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 9:27 am
Point_Chaser

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by phsc:
As for reserving 2 (or more) persons on an e-ticket, I wouldn't recommend it. I have tried several times and there seems to be a bug in SAS selfservice checkin - you cannot check in your self, but have to use the check in counters (and stand in line..)

Don't know, if they fixed it. They are on to it, as far as I know.
</font>
As far as I know this is no longer possible. On the SAS homepage at least, you have to have separate e-ticket ID's for each person.

Old Jan 6, 2004, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Point_Chaser:
As far as I know this is no longer possible. On the SAS homepage at least, you have to have separate e-ticket ID's for each person.</font>
That is correct. This changed on nov 1 last year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.