Internet check in at CPH

Old Nov 14, 03, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS
Internet check in at CPH

How is the internet check in supposed to work at CPH ?
Most of the time I use the kiosks, and they work great.But recently (actually in July, to be honest) I tried the "internet check in" on a SAS flight to Amsterdam.At the airport however, they would not let me through security without a proper boarding card, and they would not accept the printed confirmation. And when I tried my card at the Kiosk it said they I had allready been checked in !
So I had to go the counter to obtain the BC.Very long lines at economy that day, but thankfully they helped me out at one of the business counters.
When we discussed the internet check in, basically the explanation I ended up with, was that "but its supposed to work".
But I never figured out "how". Can anyone at this fine forum help me out ?

Kristian
Old Nov 14, 03, 8:01 am
Original Member

A good question! I was surprised when the same thing happened to me at Arlanda last week. Apparently you are supposed to get a boarding card from the self-check in-machines, but that doesn't work after check in is closed (30 min before departure).. You don't need to stand in check-in lines though - you can go to an SAS service desk.
Old Nov 17, 03, 11:08 am

Internet check in is working fine.. All you need a to travel ticketless. i.e. with the use of your EB Card. Check in via the Internet up to 22 hours before departure, and simple go direct to the security and give the first guard your EB card. He will the swipe it on a PC placed next to him, and if you booking is OK, he wil lgrant you acces to the transit area. At the gate show you EB Card once more and they either swipe it again and give up a print out with your seating or (in case it is a less frequent route) have your paper BC ready for you when you show your EB Card.
Old Nov 18, 03, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks Mattis as well as Phsc for your replies.
Now Im just wondering about lounge access without a Boarding Card.Id imagine the SAS lounges would be able to swipe your card , but what about the other lounges ?

Kristian
Old Nov 18, 03, 5:52 am

Programs: SK*G
I guess Internet checkin is only available where SAS lounges exist (if any lounges exist at all).
Old Nov 22, 03, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cph_flyer:
Now Im just wondering about lounge access without a Boarding Card.Id imagine the SAS lounges would be able to swipe your card , but what about the other lounges ?
</font>
To answer my own question I was told today at the Servisair Lounge (Diners Club) at CPH, that youll be OK if you bring the printed confirmation from the internet checkin.

Kristian
Old Nov 24, 03, 8:28 am

I have EB/Diners co branded Credit Card and allways flies ticketless (when possible). In SAS lounge they swipe the card and in Diners lounge you just show the the card and youre in..

Search this Thread