Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS introduces fee for changing/canceling eurobonus awards - expect gold members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS introduces fee for changing/canceling eurobonus awards - expect gold members

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2003, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium

From 07Jan a service fee will be required for changing/ canceling awards and ordering new membershipcard except (sorry for headline spelling) for gold members

"
Serviceafgifter hos EuroBonus
Du kan gratis ændre og afbestille dine bonusreservationer på www.sas.dk, hvor du også uden omkostning kan bestille et nyt medlemskort. Fra den 7. januar 2004 indføres en serviceafgift for disse services, når du vælger at ændre/afbestille reservationer eller bestille nyt medlemskort via EuroBonus Medlemsservice. Serviceafgiften gælder ikke for Guld-medlemmer. "

[This message has been edited by The-Longhauler (edited Nov 19, 2003).]
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:09 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
This new fee is only when changing over the phone, isn't it?
And what about the price? Is it the usual phone-fee of 500 SEK?
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PappaG:
This new fee is only when changing over the phone, isn't it?
And what about the price? Is it the usual phone-fee of 500 SEK?
</font>
I guess overall fee..both for online and phone... Hope not 500 DKK ! then a trip to AMS could cost 20.000 point + 500 DKK tax + 500 DKK fee versus the best price for eco-class 945 DKK with miles earning

[This message has been edited by The-Longhauler (edited Nov 19, 2003).]
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
This is the Swedish version:

"Från och med den 7 januari 2004 införs en serviceavgift vid ombokning och avbeställning av bonusresor, hotell och kryssningar per telefon. Avgiften tas också ut vid beställning av ersättningskort för Basic- och Silvermedlemmar i de skandinaviska länderna. Bokar du om eller avbeställer på sas.se är det fortfarande kostnadsfritt."

The last sentence says that online changes or cancellations will still be free of charge. How good is the online functionality for changes or cancellations, I've never used it? Also, in the Swedish version it's less clear exactly what fees do not apply to Gold members...

------------------
The Star Alliance Award Comparison Chart
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:50 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Last bonustrip I changed five times over the phone I think...
Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hagbard Viking:
This is the Swedish version:

The last sentence says that online changes or cancellations will still be free of charge. How good is the online functionality for changes or cancellations, I've never used it? Also, in the Swedish version it's less clear exactly what fees do not apply to Gold members...

</font>
The danish version doesn't state this. interesting. I haven't seen the facility to change awards online yet. is it new ?

Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PappaG:
Last bonustrip I changed five times over the phone I think...</font>
You will soon recieve an invoice for 2500 SEK

Old Nov 19, 2003, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by The-Longhauler:
The danish version doesn't state this. interesting. </font>
Right. On the other hand the Danish version is very clear about the fees not applying to Gold members. The Swedish version may well be interpreted to say that a replacement card is free for Gold members whereas award changes and cancellations are not. Strange that they can't get it consistent between the Scandinavian languages...

------------------
The Star Alliance Award Comparison Chart
Old Nov 19, 2003, 7:33 pm

Programs: SK *S
I too often change my bonus trips. That is one of the reasons I like that SAS doesn't ticket the award trips until 7 days before departure! GRRR!

Old Nov 20, 2003, 12:16 pm

from the Danish EuroBonus Bulletin:

Du kan gratis ændre og afbestille dine bonusreservationer på www.sas.dk, hvor du også uden omkostning kan bestille et nyt medlemskort. Fra den 7. januar 2004 indføres en serviceafgift for disse services, når du vælger at ændre/afbestille reservationer eller bestille nyt medlemskort via EuroBonus Medlemsservice. Serviceafgiften gælder ikke for Guld-medlemmer.

The part about online changes/cancellations being free of charge is in the first line, not the last line like in the Swedish version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.