OT: is lastminute.se ok?

Old Oct 4, 03, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
OT: is lastminute.se ok?

I need to book a hotel stay at a very last minute. Have any of you out there ever used lastminute.se for hotels or flights? Looks to me like they donīt have any SSL (secure server location) for credit cards!? They do however have the hotel I wanīt to the right price, whatīs the catch except for no miles/points, is it just a fake site?

Sorry for posting OT!
Old Oct 4, 03, 4:53 pm
Point_Chaser

lastminute.com is in my experience reliable and can be trusted. I've only used the British version (same company and I guess the same server) and everything has worked great. I've even received points on a Radisson stay...

Just checked the Swedish site, and it does use SSL when you pay for your "basket"...

Old Oct 4, 03, 7:12 pm

i am often using the french one nothing much to say, it's not a little company that operates in a bedroom........never had trouble with them....works.......
Old Oct 5, 03, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Thanks alot for answering! I will book a Scandic stay thru them. Will report if they credit any points.
Old Oct 5, 03, 3:21 am

What was the price for the Scandic and which one? I do believe you will get points. Just show your card at check in(or call Scandic before and let them add your number). I have recieved points for all my travel industry rates so far at Scandic/Hiltons in Sweden so I guess you will earn points for a lastminute booking.
Old Oct 5, 03, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Did pay 860SEK per night at lastminute.com instead of 1450SEK when booking thru Scandic themself.

Is it best to call Scandic central booking or the hotel itself to add my Gold VIP number to the booking?
Old Oct 5, 03, 9:34 am

I normally call Scandic central reservation. Sometimes they say to me that I have a special rate and that they are not sure if I will earn any points. I then say just add my number into the booking and 100% I end up with points.
Old Oct 5, 03, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help kempis. Iīm at the Stockholm lounge now, will call from my mobile to see what they say
Old Oct 6, 03, 8:13 am
Original Poster

So I called the central booking, they couldnīt even find my booking and told me to call the hotel directly instead. So I did, but without any luck. They said they had computer problems and couldnīt add my number without access to the system and told me that they would register it on arrival.

Strange thing is that this hotel is fully booked (couldnīt book thru Scandic but it worked with lastminute.se). Hopefully they will have a free room tomorrow when I arrive (bedrun from Comfort to Scandic ).

Also had some bad luck at ARN yesterday. Checked in KLR-ARN-UME and since I knew ARN-UME was fully booked I told the KLR staff that we would voulentary stay at ARN if they needed people to do so. And suddenly while waiting to board at ARN they asked if anyone wanted 300€ (half in cash) to go on the last flight the same evening. I ran to the gate and found myself in a que of 20 persons, missed it even though I had told them in advance My count says 7 persons got 300€ each.

Search this Thread