FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Lounge access in NRT and CPH (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/83941-lounge-access-nrt-cph.html)

Euroboy Sep 9, 2003 1:51 am

Lounge access in NRT and CPH

I'm flying from NRT->CPH on SK984 this Friday in C-class. A few questions for all of you SK experts:

1. Which terminal does SAS fly from in NRT - and is there a lounge?
2. Will I be able to get into the SAS lounges in CPH upon arrival to check mail? I'm UA *G
3. Also - any seat recommendations for this flight?

Thanks!

kempis Sep 9, 2003 2:13 am

SK flies from Terminal 2 at NRT.

Tokyo
ANA Club Lounge. SAS Business Class passengers and EuroBonus Gold members. In transit area. Open 3 hours prior to SAS flight departure.

gnaget Sep 9, 2003 1:39 pm

Arrivals access is a gray area but you have a v good chance with a C class BP and a *G card.

I have 100% success when speaking Danish. The one time I spoke English I was denied but I had also lost my BP stub and was trying the Biz lounge rather than the upstairs Scandi lounge (for *Gs). The woman was looking up rules in a book and discussing with a colleague! I heard them say only on arrivals from an overseas flight....

Yes, my main purpose is to check email. CPH has wireless internet in the public areas. You have pay though and I didn't want to deal with the hassle.

I like row 8 in the middle (bulkhead). It has slightly more legroom if you are very tall and want to stretch out. It's also a mini-cabin.

Point_Chaser Sep 9, 2003 3:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Euroboy:
I'm flying from NRT-&gt;CPH on SK984 this Friday in C-class. A few questions for all of you SK experts:

2. Will I be able to get into the SAS lounges in CPH upon arrival to check mail? I'm UA *G
</font>
Just saw a new note in the help section on the SAS homepage that you probably will find usefull to print out regarding this matter.

1. Do you have any lounges at the airport?

Yes. Departing Business Class passengers can make full use of SAS Business Class Lounges worldwide. Business Class passengers arriving on intercontinental flights can use all SAS Business Lounges (except London Heathrow and Newark).

So, as you are travelling C-class, you should be allowed into the Business class lounge! Even without status one should be allowed to according to this! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Euroboy Sep 9, 2003 10:10 pm

Thanks all - I'll give it a try Friday (using my Danish - whatever it takes! ;-))

Euroboy Sep 15, 2003 12:00 am

So I showed up in the Scandinavia lounge in CPH after my NRT-&gt;CPH flight. I got the 'This is a departure lounge only, but I will make and exception this time and *this* time only..' reply. But I got in... did not want to argue over rules, etc...

NetJets Germany Jan 20, 2010 10:30 am

Hi,

this may be a daft question to ask, but I am a SQ KF EG (*G) flying on SQ SIN-CPH on an award ticket in March and was wondering whether I can get access to any arrivals lounge into CPH?

The reason why I am asking is that my (paid) onward flight to ZRH with SK only leaves about 7 hours later, and I am flying on to ZRH in Y.

Ah! @:-) Just realised that as a *G I will have access to the departure lounges with SK anyway, right? :D

So just in case somebody in a similar situation as me was not a *G, would they be able to spend the lay-over in a SK lounge...?

tourist Jan 20, 2010 10:55 am

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany (Post 13218637)
Ah! @:-) Just realised that as a *G I will have access to the departure lounges with SK anyway, right? :D

Yes. *G with departure on * flight :D

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany (Post 13218637)
So just in case somebody in a similar situation as me was not a *G, would they be able to spend the lay-over in a SK lounge...?

No, not if you arrive on SQ (only if you arrive with SK Biz). But on the other hand you lose nothing (exept mayby a little pride) by asking...

gnaget Jan 21, 2010 2:38 pm

There is no dedicated arrivals lounge. It's the same Business/Scandinavian lounge complex. A difference since 2003 is that they separate the flow of connecting and arriving passengers, so you now have to go through security upstairs and follow the connecting signage to get to the lounge. They don't ask for a BP or evidence of connecting.

A few years ago at ARN, I was very early so wanted to go to the lounge after arriving from EWR in C before my pick-up. They asked me about where I was going so I made up something about flying to Helsinki.