Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many EBG/EBS are there?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by ebra
I doubt it is 100 flight on avarage. I flew 18 times with SK last year out of a total of 38 flights (on *A) and easily requalified.

Cheers
Yes, but on the other hand some of us make up for it by taking 400+
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:16 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
Yes, but on the other hand some of us make up for it by taking 400+
But then again, you are not EBG. For me it takes 8 flights to re qualify.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various
Only 4 trips to Norway then? I got the impression that many EBGs were on short flights meaning that they probably travel a lot but not so long distances. I don't really know. If someone knows I would be happy to share this info. However, then we'd know exactly how large the EBG share of the total SAS flyers is and I'm not sure SAS wants any outsiders to know.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:04 pm

It is a very easy calculation:

You live in Norway and travel to the UK in C
One way: 2400 points r/t 4800 points
I.e. you need 9 1/2 r/t flights in a year to qualify. Not really that much. (excl. elite bonus)

Last edited by dodgeflyer; Jun 27, 2008 at 3:40 am
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:29 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
I got the impression that many EBGs were on short flights meaning that they probably travel a lot but not so long distances. I don't really know.
The problem these days is that there is such a big difference in point earnings depending on how much you pay for your ticket.
For a flight ARN-LHR for example you can earn everything from 300 points (low economy) to 2400 (paid business, 3000 points if you already have EBG).

If you travel a lot shorthaul/domestic and work for a company with a strict travel policy to always book cheapest possible economy tickets you can travel a lot (several flights per month) without reaching EBG.

If you travel mainly longhaul (to North America and Asia) and the company allows you to fly paid business you only need 2-3 return trips to qualify for EBG which isn't that hard.

So this question is quite tricky as qualifying for EBG is a piece of cake for some frequent travellers and nearly impossible for other frequent travellers.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 5:29 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Only 4 trips to Norway then? I got the impression that many EBGs were on short flights meaning that they probably travel a lot but not so long distances. I don't really know. If someone knows I would be happy to share this info. However, then we'd know exactly how large the EBG share of the total SAS flyers is and I'm not sure SAS wants any outsiders to know.
I am EBB for the last few years but take at least 2-3 flights a week with SK on average which should be 100-200 flights a year. Most of them are non-earning SVG-OSL-SVG flights, and the SVG-LHR and SVG-CPH flights get me 1200-150 if posted to BD and 2000-175 if posted to LH, depending on class of travel.
I used to be a EBG for several years, do not see any change in recognition from then to now (basically no recognition at all). And I seem to get more Y to C upgrades SVG-LHR as a BD Gold or LH SEN, compared to what I used to get as a SK Gold in the good old days when I used to fly OSL-LHR every week.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 5:32 am

Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
I think that the amount of EBG/EGS in % are pulished in the SAS Annual report?
Flying low economy is hard to get EGB, so I am happy that I sometimes can fly C. I am now on a trip TRD - OSL - LHR - SIN - AKL and return and that gives me 54 400 points and I am EBG also next period!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 7:35 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Originally Posted by tommy777
EBG - ca 75.000
EBS - ca 180.000
EBB - 2.2 mill
As of tomorrow, it will be ca 75.001 EBGs

From my EuroBonus pages:
"Periode AUG 2007 - JUL 2008
Grunnpoeng 44 920
Med ytteligere 80 Grunnpoengvil du bli oppgradert til EuroBonus Gull."

Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Originally Posted by ILS2
As of tomorrow, it will be ca 75.001 EBGs
Congratulations ILS2 and welcome to the group!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.