Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Seats in MD 87 flight SK 674 FRA-ARN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2003, 9:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN

Dear All,

I am booked on the above flight and the CRS shows

C4 D4 Z4 Y4 B4 M4 H4 Q4 V4 W4 S4 G4

for the flight. How many seats are there in a SAS MD 87?

Regards Oliver
Old May 12, 2003, 9:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by oliver2002:
Dear All,

I am booked on the above flight and the CRS shows

C4 D4 Z4 Y4 B4 M4 H4 Q4 V4 W4 S4 G4

for the flight. How many seats are there in a SAS MD 87?

Regards Oliver
</font>

The number of seats are 120!
Old May 12, 2003, 11:24 am
Point_Chaser

Remember that on certain codeshare flights 4 is the visible maximum in the CRS instead of the usual 9 on SK flights, so I would expect there to be much more than 4 available in each class. Check the "real" flight just to make sure...

Old May 12, 2003, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
www.etour.co.jp/solar gives you 9. However, note that the flight has to be seriously oversold to get into the low digits. This is an indication of how many seats are for sale in each class -- not how many are available.
Old May 12, 2003, 7:11 pm
Point_Chaser

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gnaget:
www.etour.co.jp/solar gives you 9. </font>
Not on all codeshareflights... It all depends on the information from the airline... Different airlines provide different information. SK generally shows 9, but on codeshares sometimes only 4 (hadn't actually spotted this before looking at LH codeshares).
Certain airlines show 7...
So depending on which airline one travels, the maximum shown availability will be different.

Old May 13, 2003, 8:23 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I was referring to SK. An interesting example is KF (Air Botnia), which gives you 4 but the same flight with the SK codeshare number gives you 9.
Old May 13, 2003, 10:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Thank you for your replies. My heart made a jump when I saw 4 seats in each class, but I sobered down when I realised I was looking at the codeshare flight and the SK showing all empty.

A nice example of REALLY FULL flights can be found for MUC-&gt;ARN 23MAY. The gate agents must be hating friday afternoons with full flights and having to decide whom to bump without giving away too many DBC vouchers... that evening the alternatives via DUS and CPH are full and the MUC-FRA feeder for many many other flights is filling up fast.

Regards Oliver

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.