Wiki Posts
Search

SAS vs. LH in business class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 1999, 10:47 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

SAS vs. LH in business class

I need to make a few long-haul flights between Europe and Asia in the next few weeks. Can anyone tell me which business class is better - Lufthansa or SAS?
Old Feb 12, 1999, 1:04 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I just did fly business with:
*SK from Copenhague to Bangkok
*LH from Miami to Frankfurt

I would only look on the time-table-convenience.

Comfortwise there might be a small advantage on the SK side, because the don't have any first-class service, care (and there "chaine de rotisseur" meal-service) might be a little bit more sophisticated. It may also depend on your personal food preferences (SK with seafood; LH with meat).
Old Feb 12, 1999, 1:06 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
looking back 12 months, SK flights from/to Copenhague suffered several times under (danish) strikes - and this seems not to be over yet.
Old Feb 21, 1999, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
SK does have a special sleeper seat on long haul flights. But I never got to try it. I booked one on a flight from Beijing to Copenhagen, but the plane broke down and we had to take a spare plane that had a euro configuration. A long flight in tiny seats!

SK gave all the business class customers about $600 in cash to make up for it which I thought was nice.

Old Feb 22, 1999, 1:55 am

The SK special sleeper seat is a normal business class seat with a 'modification' to make it a sleeper seat.

It is available to Business Class passengers at a supplement!

If you are interested we have covered this in some deatil on this thread before.

In general, I would echo Rudi's sentiment, a very small benefit in favor of SK.
MF

Old Feb 23, 1999, 6:41 am
Original Member

don't forget the difference in comfort btwn a 747/A340 versus a 767--if you pay attention to such things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.