FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   EB & Code share (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/822856-eb-code-share.html)

ILS2 May 12, 2008 6:44 am

EB & Code share

I have bought a intra-Europe return ticket on lufthansa.com in W-class. I later noticed that the flight is operated by SK, but my flight code is LH. Will I make EB-points according to the M&M-standards (W=100%) or EB-standards (W=25%)?

I actually tried to book the flight with SK in V-class, but my travel agent said that he wasn't able to book it in V, even though the system showed availability. Expertflyer.com also showed V9, but when looking at 'Fare information' then no V-class price on SK is shown.

The bottom line is that I would hate to end up with 25% points. A terrible start to any travel ;)

ErasmusEBS May 12, 2008 10:44 am

Unfortunately, and irrespectively of where you credit, you will only get 25% of the points. However when crediting to EB you will be able to claim your EBS bonus of 15%.

SK_RSJ May 12, 2008 11:11 am

Originally Posted by ILS2 (Post 9711424)
I actually tried to book the flight with SK in V-class, but my travel agent said that he wasn't able to book it in V, even though the system showed availability. Expertflyer.com also showed V9, but when looking at 'Fare information' then no V-class price on SK is shown.

My understanding is that intra Europe V is used by SK for long-haul connection fares only (and maybe some unpublished nego fares and campaign fares), so the first 100% earning class would in practice be Q.

ErasmusEBS May 12, 2008 11:17 am

...and also most notoriously for student fares out of which I, being a PhD student, have been able to rack up a considerable number between for instance CPH and LHR.

Someone83 May 12, 2008 11:27 am

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ (Post 9712721)
My understanding is that intra Europe V is used by SK for long-haul connection fares only (and maybe some unpublished nego fares and campaign fares), so the first 100% earning class would in practice be Q.

V fare is AFAIK only used for special campaigns on intra-European routes. All the offers on intra-European routes offered by SAS Norway lately have been VKAMP-fares.

Got one of them myself for July. OSL-GDN for 400kr booked in VKAMP and gives 100%

As you said, I think the cheapest "regular" fare earning 100% in European routes is Q

ILS2 May 12, 2008 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by ErasmusEBS (Post 9712755)
...and also most notoriously for student fares out of which I, being a PhD student, have been able to rack up a considerable number between for instance CPH and LHR.

I thought student fares only was a domestic Norwegian thing on SAS. How and where do you book that, and is it available on all routes?

Thanks to all for all other input.

movingalong May 12, 2008 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by ILS2 (Post 9714711)
I thought student fares only was a domestic Norwegian thing on SAS. How and where do you book that, and is it available on all routes?

Thanks to all for all other input.

i might even sign up for a class again :)

ErasmusEBS May 13, 2008 10:05 am

I am not sure about the Norweigan market but my student fare tickets CPH-LHR I have bought from Kilroy Travels in Sweden (but I think STA and the others sell them as well). They are priced around 950 SEK o/w which is still pretty okay and since availability is often good they don't run out too quickly. They are also flexible as to date changes and the like.

I know that they are only available on certain sectors, for sure I know about CPH/ARN-LHR/CDG/AMS but there may be others. All you need to book these is a ISIC student card or equivalent.

SK989 May 14, 2008 3:36 am

Originally Posted by ErasmusEBS (Post 9717805)
I am not sure about the Norweigan market but my student fare tickets CPH-LHR I have bought from Kilroy Travels in Sweden (but I think STA and the others sell them as well). They are priced around 950 SEK o/w which is still pretty okay and since availability is often good they don't run out too quickly. They are also flexible as to date changes and the like.

I know that they are only available on certain sectors, for sure I know about CPH/ARN-LHR/CDG/AMS but there may be others. All you need to book these is a ISIC student card or equivalent.

Those student fares are indeed a good deal. I flew a lot on those fares (I purchased the tickets from Kilroy Travels) between ARN-CPH-PRG when I studied there. AFIK those fares are available to all SK-destinations in Europe. I flew to/from BUD and GVA as well. The catch is that not only do you have to have an ISIC card, there is also an age limit (think it's 32 years of age).

jefi99 May 14, 2008 5:24 am

Back in the old days, student fares were to all SK destinations. Today, it is only LHR/AMS/CDG and FRA (I think). You can buy these V-class tickets thru Kilroy, STA, Wasteels, Jysk Rejsebureau/Reiseburå (and maybe others).
There is a under 33 rule with SK. Unfortunately, I am over 33 now :-(
But NZ, TG and a few others does not have an under 33 rule (some has a u/35 rule, though) for student fares.
AF/KL has an under 31 rule, and it varies from carrier to carrier.

Nowadays, most (European) airlines have only student fares for their intercontinental routes (though connecting flights are allowed in same booking class).

SK989 May 14, 2008 7:26 am

I've got a similar question to the one of the OP. If a codeshare ticket with AC (operating carrier SK) is booked in Q-class, would that translate to Q-class on SK, meaning 100% EB-points?

ErasmusEBS May 14, 2008 7:59 am

Unfortunately, with codeshares there is no easy way to tell. A few years back, I discovered for the first time that a ticket in what seemed to be a 100% class (as codeshared with a US carrier) in fact was a 25%. After that I have been *very* hesitant to book codeshares at all, not to mention the problem there can be if you have to be rerouted and then try to claim points according to your original itinerary.

Someone83 May 14, 2008 8:23 am

Originally Posted by SK989 (Post 9722605)
I've got a similar question to the one of the OP. If a codeshare ticket with AC (operating carrier SK) is booked in Q-class, would that translate to Q-class on SK, meaning 100% EB-points?

As Q = 100% both on AC and SK, this shouldn't be any problem?

ErasmusEBS May 14, 2008 8:33 am

It may very well be. However, sometimes the "underlying" booking class may be different from the one you see on your confirmation, as was the case with my UA flight ORD-LAS which was V in the booking but turned out to be S when credited... But let's hope this was an exception.

E.N. May 18, 2008 11:07 am

The codeshare booking class may often differ from which class it is mapped to in the operating airline's inventory. And of course it is from the operating airline's booking class your points are determined. For instance, LH codeshare V-class is mapped against a 25% acrual class at SK.