FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   No more priotity tags for EBGs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/821567-no-more-priotity-tags-ebgs.html)

copacabana May 19, 2008 1:22 pm

Easy

If you're an EBG member, you're a Star Alliance Gold member and are consequently entitled to a Star Alliance Priority baggage sticker. Easy. End of story.

SK_RSJ May 19, 2008 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by jfidler (Post 9716214)
..I had the window seat as requested when I made the reservation, and the aisle seat next to me was empty, even though the load factor in P-class looked to be above 95%. Seat blocking?

Dream on... ;)

szg May 20, 2008 2:41 am

Originally Posted by copacabana (Post 9747789)
If you're an EBG member, you're a Star Alliance Gold member and are consequently entitled to a Star Alliance Priority baggage sticker. Easy. End of story.

Never had a problem as a *G member to get a priority sticker for my checked in luggage (but my experience is based only on CPH and MUC)

lnz May 20, 2008 5:35 am

Originally Posted by szg (Post 9750705)
Never had a problem as a *G member to get a priority sticker for my checked in luggage (but my experience is based only on CPH and MUC)

Same here, never had a problem to get a tag when flying SK from GOT, KSD, ARN or CPH. Also, my luggage always is one of the first on the belt when arriving at these airports.

I have a hard time to believe that SAS doesn't give these tags to EBG.

toniw May 20, 2008 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Xevus (Post 9708984)
Speaking of short connections, OS has a special tag for that, it says "HOT". Not sure about other airlines, but i find it ironic, that airline with most efficient (in terms of MCT) hub in Europe has such tag.

I've also seen the same HOT tag on LH flying HKG-MUC-FRA-HEL (don't ask). There was a 35 minutes connection in MUC and the bag made it. :)

lnz May 20, 2008 5:51 am

Originally Posted by toniw (Post 9751070)
I've also seen the same HOT tag on LH flying HKG-MUC-FRA-HEL (don't ask). There was a 35 minutes connection in MUC and the bag made it. :)

But this is not because of the tag, MUC is simply a really good airport ^

npahedman May 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Priority tag

I must say that for me it has in the past only worked once that I got my bag first even with a PT. At TLL no one seems to care. The last time I had a PT my luggage was the last on a full OV 737. Costed me 20 min waiting extra. Add that to the nice tradition in TLL no bring luggage from two airplanes before dispatching the bags on to the band. That has sometimes costed me 30 min waiting when coming in from VNO and the picker is waiting for RIX flight to arrive and unload. Now I do all a can to avoid checking in my luggage.

laksko Jun 16, 2008 11:59 am

Interestingly enough, for the first time ever I was refused a Priority tag in CPH earlier today. Flying OV to TLL, checking in my bag at the SAS Gold counter the clerk told me that "[..] her screen told her only to put Priority tags on SAS flights[..]".

Besides that, having to wait 20 mins for an available clerk (on Gold counter) is just another proof that SAS have completely lost it. Can't wait 'till they're thrown out of *A. SAS should essentially start a new alliance with EasyJet, Ryanair and Sterling, 'cos that's their service-level equivalents :D

bjerregaard Jun 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Funny, last month me and my friend got "tagged" from Chiang Mai to BKK on Thai, only me being *S both of us got it. Nice people "down there" ;-)

Ozziebob Aug 12, 2008 1:10 pm

I have had a gold card on and off for 10 years with SAS. Every time I check in with any Star Alliance flight, at any airport, they have placed a prioity tag on my bags, as long as I have a valid gold card.

Have been travelling with Swiss lately, and they place a "Short connection in Switzerland" red tag on the bags... Zurich manage to transfer bags in 30 minutes between flights!

I recently flew First with Air China, domestic SHA-PEK and the first bags come off first, with a separator placed on the conveyor belt after them before the other bags come off. If you don't travel First, the Star Alliance priority tag makes no difference.

I usually travel via CPH and they always place the priority labels on the bag when I flash the card. Last time I flew SAS business with the priority tag, my bag came off last. The time before that, it was first. It is just the luck of the draw.

If only SAS emplyed the baggage guys from Air China and got them to pick out the priority bags, the problem would be solved!

morradi Aug 12, 2008 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziebob (Post 10190735)
If only SAS emplyed the baggage guys from Air China and got them to pick out the priority bags, the problem would be solved!

No, the problem would probably escalate and become a wild strike, knowing SK unions...:rolleyes::(;)

A-340 GOT Aug 12, 2008 2:47 pm

I usually get the priority tags, but sometimes, especially if you use CI Machines, and drop your bags at luggade drop I actually have to ask for the priority tags. In my experience it is mostly a lottery in europe. On my last trips to spain AGP & PMI...there seemed to be no sorting at all of priority luggage, everything arrived....very late, and priority tag did not seem to matter.

korpen Aug 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by A-340 GOT (Post 10191328)
I usually get the priority tags, but sometimes, especially if you use CI Machines, and drop your bags at luggade drop I actually have to ask for the priority tags. In my experience it is mostly a lottery in europe. On my last trips to spain AGP & PMI...there seemed to be no sorting at all of priority luggage, everything arrived....very late, and priority tag did not seem to matter.

Well, it ain't working in ARN either. But there it is just slow in general.

ILS2 Aug 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by A-340 GOT (Post 10191328)
I usually get the priority tags, but sometimes, especially if you use CI Machines, and drop your bags at luggade drop I actually have to ask for the priority tags.

Very true! I'm wondering whether I should stop use the CI machines, as the staff at Bag Drop never puts on the Priority Tags unless you ask them.

The past few days I've done BGO-CPH-LHR return and BGO-OSL return, both with checked luggage. Here my experience:
1. LHR - My luggage was tagged, but came out aprox as bag nr 30 (65-70% full flight).
2. BGO - My luggage was not tagged at LHR, even though I asked for it at check-in (did not use CI machine). None of the first 10 bags had Priority Tags.
3. OSL - Luggage was tagged. Had three bags. All three bags out among the first 10 (over 85% full flight).
4. BGO - Again, even though I asked, my luggage was not given a Priority Tag (this time at OSL Business Bag Drop). The first seven bags on the belt were all Priority tagged, so it definitely worked - only not for me (with no tag).

Conclusion: Don't leave the CI-counter until you see the staff actually place the tag on your bag. Surprised to see it work in BGO. Very disappointed with OSL CI-staff. If they can't do their job at the Business counter, they should be placed as customer service for the CI machines.

Conclusion #2: Don't ever expect the Priority Tags to work in the first place. Let it be a bonus.

nick5000 Aug 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ozziebob (Post 10190735)

I recently flew First with Air China, domestic SHA-PEK and the first bags come off first, with a separator placed on the conveyor belt after them before the other bags come off. If you don't travel First, the Star Alliance priority tag makes no difference.

The *G card / priority tag makes my luggage come first together with first- and business class baggage on domestic air china and shanghai airlines flights in china. They have a seperator that says FIRST, BUSINESS AND Gold Card. And it seems to work every time.