FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   No more priotity tags for EBGs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/821567-no-more-priotity-tags-ebgs.html)

tommy777 May 9, 2008 9:21 am

Well, initial feedback from SAS is that they are checking to see what's current :rolleyes: Not good...

tommy777 May 9, 2008 9:26 am

Originally Posted by dogsknob (Post 9699819)
Those tags are a joke anyway. I've never experienced or seen any priority tagged luggage appearing on the belt any earlier than non-tagged bags.

I normally request to not have my bags priority tagged, just to avoid setting any expectations that it should be prioritised.

True for some areas, but going to the US I always ask for the tags. Here it's actually taken more seriously

Robbiedeluxe May 10, 2008 7:10 am

Ok, so no more priority tags for EBGs? So what the hell is the meaning of "priority bag" - and why is it listed as an official benefit for EBGs? (http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/L..._Gold_members/)

Wow. Just when you think SK has reached the pinnacle, they manage to surpass themselves with this kind of crap. It's not that I think priority tags are oh-so important to EBGs, it's just the way they treat their loyal customers by removing benefit after benefit and questioning the few benefits left. Wow.

JoeW May 11, 2008 11:29 am

I do check in for Wideroe at OSL once in a while. If registered in the booking as an EBG, or you show me an EBG card, Ill mark it priority for sure. I believe thats what WF are told to do by SAS - not that I think it makes a difference on a commuter flight to WFs destinations from OSL...

By the way, at AF-KLM check-in, I was actually asked a couple of days ago by a group of non-elites, M-travellers to put on priority tags... They were like "but we have a short connection!!" Clearly, that's not when a priority tag should be used... KLM is supposed to mark all bags for all elites - and also customers with a "VIP Corporate Agreement"...

I don't see why SAS wouldnt mark EBG's bags as priority - it doesnt cost a thing, really. :rolleyes:

Xevus May 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Speaking of short connections, OS has a special tag for that, it says "HOT". Not sure about other airlines, but i find it ironic, that airline with most efficient (in terms of MCT) hub in Europe has such tag.

SK_RSJ May 11, 2008 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Xevus (Post 9708984)
Speaking of short connections, OS has a special tag for that, it says "HOT". Not sure about other airlines, but i find it ironic, that airline with most efficient (in terms of MCT) hub in Europe has such tag.

Oneworld actually has a Short Connection tag that is alliance-wide.
And this whole thing about not giving out priority tags to Golds... donīt get me started (not that I hardly ever check any bags).

tommy777 May 12, 2008 9:31 am

Update

Of course all EBGs get priority tags regardless of class of travel.

Eurobonus is again updating all webpages to state the current rules in all countries. I'm sure they will give the agent that wrote these e-mails some special attention ;)

So Priority tags is still an EBG perk.

Please report back if you encounter any problems

miikka May 12, 2008 9:39 am

Should we check all of their web pages for them are can they actually make sure that they would be up to date? I mean ... we should get paid for correcting their mistakes all the time.

tommy777 May 12, 2008 9:51 am

Originally Posted by miikka (Post 9712244)
Should we check all of their web pages for them are can they actually make sure that they would be up to date? I mean ... we should get paid for correcting their mistakes all the time.

He he, yeah I have sent a few email throughout the times to have them update things after we have had a debate... I hope the lunch at ARN DO includes Champagne :p

GlobalSights May 12, 2008 10:16 am

Originally Posted by JoeW (Post 9708289)
By the way, at AF-KLM check-in, I was actually asked a couple of days ago by a group of non-elites, M-travellers to put on priority tags... They were like "but we have a short connection!!" Clearly, that's not when a priority tag should be used...

Why not?

KLM is supposed to mark all bags for all elites - and also customers with a "VIP Corporate Agreement"...

I don't see why SAS wouldnt mark EBG's bags as priority - it doesnt cost a thing, really. :rolleyes:
Same question - if it "doesn't cost a thing", why not prioritise bags of someone who genuinely NEEDS it?

miikka May 12, 2008 10:33 am

Originally Posted by GlobalSights (Post 9712456)
Why not?

Same question - if it "doesn't cost a thing", why not prioritise bags of someone who genuinely NEEDS it?

I have sometimes seen a separate tag for a short connection, also got that sometimes myself; it is labeled something like Short Connection / Rush (and if I remember correctly was neon-yellow colored). I think Priority tag doesn't give you anything guaranteed for the short connection, it just should make your luggage come out among the first ones.

JoeW May 12, 2008 10:55 am

Originally Posted by miikka (Post 9712547)
I think Priority tag doesn't give you anything guaranteed for the short connection, it just should make your luggage come out among the first ones.

That is correct. A priority tag is used to show appreciation of the travelers business. Why wouldn't such tag then be used for an EBG?! I don't get it...

Frankly, I am not sure how many airports/ground handlers who really get the priority system working. Anyways, the priority tag will show the customer that the airline tried - and that they appreciate your business. Thats the goal, I guess.

By the way, a rush tag is used for luggage being sent on another flight than the passenger, so the tag for short connection would be "hot" or "short connection" depending on the airline. :)

GetAA81Back2ARN May 12, 2008 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777 (Post 9712195)
Eurobonus is again updating all webpages to state the current rules in all countries. I'm sure they will give the agent that wrote these e-mails some special attention ;)

Well, considering the fact that they STILL has not updated the Swedish webpages regarding fast-track in LHR for EBGs I would anticipate 4-6 months prior to this is updated. :td:

tommy777 May 12, 2008 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN (Post 9714200)
Well, considering the fact that they STILL has not updated the Swedish webpages regarding fast-track in LHR for EBGs I would anticipate 4-6 months prior to this is updated. :td:

If it only takes 4-6 months, we are lucky.. :rolleyes:

jfidler May 13, 2008 12:43 am

I flew SK last Tuesday (May 8) IAD-CPH in P-class and they did indeed put one of the orange priority tags on my bag.

It was also one of the first bags to come out of the baggage carousel once I arrived in TLL, but I think that was just coincidence.

More interesting on the IAD-CPH flight is that I had the window seat as requested when I made the reservation, and the aisle seat next to me was empty, even though the load factor in P-class looked to be above 95%. Seat blocking?