Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Lounge access as EBG at RIX flying BT in M?

Old May 7, 2008, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold

In early June I am flying with my gf from ARN to RIX and then on to EVN with BT. I have searched a bit here on FT but was unable to find out exactly what the rules are for their contract lounge "Solo Club" at RIX.

As an EBG, flying onwards with BT to EVN do you guys think I will I get lounge access? Even as I am only flying in economy? Will my gf be able to come along?

Had it been a * Alliance lounge the answer would have been a simple "yes" to all these questions but now I am a bit confused...
Old May 8, 2008, 5:44 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by ErasmusEBS
I
Had it been a * Alliance lounge the answer would have been a simple "yes" to all these questions but now I am a bit confused...
No, not really. Entering a *A lounge as a *G requires that you'd be flying onwards with *A, which BT certainly is not a member of.

The RIX-EVN flight is not codeshared by SK either, so that cannot be it.

As for the original question, sorry, I have no idea.
Old May 8, 2008, 7:34 am
Original Poster

You are right, sorry for forgetting that BT is not * Alliance even as I read in earlier posts that it has been a cause of considerable confusion in the past.

However, since EB is the elite programme of BT I am still optimistic, anyone who has been to RIX and experienced this first-hand?
Old May 8, 2008, 7:45 am
esv

Don't think I've ever been to the lounge at RIX, but according to this web page EBG has access there and in EVN as well:

http://www.airbaltic.com/public/26555.html
Old May 8, 2008, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks!!

Thought I looked through the BT homepage before asking here on FT but this info is great since it allows me to bring along my gf as well.
Old May 8, 2008, 10:46 am

As it is BT - bring a printout of the web page in question.
Old May 8, 2008, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Will do.

//

Though I guess the onboard experience is going to be a bit cramped I am still very excited about these new routes with BT. Since this is a budget trip we will travel ARN-RIX-EVN and then hike to Istanbul from where we will fly Germanwings IST-SFX and then back to Sweden. All this for a fraction of what an old-time open-jaw ticket would have been.
Old May 8, 2008, 10:13 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
You and your GF will certainly have lounge access at RIX flying BT and havking an EBG card. Flight to EVN most likely will depart from non Schengen C gates. They have new, tiny and sort of dark lounge with snacks, yogurts, beer, red, white and sparkling wine. They keep sparkling wine in the fridge @:-) They also have laptops and internet access. WiFi is for an additional fee. I was able to use their Ethernet cable in my own laptop
Old May 8, 2008, 10:16 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
You and your GF will certainly have lounge access at RIX flying BT and having an EBG card. Flight to EVN most likely will depart from non Schengen C gates. They have new, tiny and sort of dark lounge with snacks, yogurts, beer, red, white and sparkling wine. They keep sparkling wine in the fridge @:-) They also have laptops and internet access. WiFi is for an additional fee. I was able to use their Ethernet cable in my own laptop

I carry with me printout of lounge access page. I have had success with it in Hamburg which initially tried to refuse me. No luck though in MUC, VIE and some other places.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.