Experience in GOT

Old May 4, 08, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Thumbs down Experience in GOT

Hi there,
I was really disappointed when flying back from GOT, operated by LH. What I have learned is that the LH HON status is similar to the Pandion SAS status.

Trouble began with checkin. The lady treated me as basic member, without any friendlyness, denied any information about the lounge because I was not entitled to access, denied to let the seat next to me free (seatblocking).

Lounge guard was friendly & helpful, although when swiping my card ot showed up as "no access" and the pax list showed FTL to him.

HON Circle line confirmed my booking was absolutely fine, with status correctly present. But they virtually rolled eyes about the information exchange between both LH and SAS systems.

Is this really that bad? Have you exprienced similar situations?

After this experience, and since it sounded more than likely to be repeated I will avoid SAS base whereever I can - or do you have any alternatives?

Thanks in advance
muc_flyer
Old May 4, 08, 10:02 am

If you search this forum you will find a number of FTers (including me) with bad GOT experiences. It might just be the worst SK station. I know for sure HONs are treated properly at ARN (Stockholm) with HON tags available at CI etc.
As a general observation there exists a number of problems in the communication between SK and LH checkin systems. One result is that you can not OLCI for LH flights ex Scandinavia. Also SK agents typically doesn´t have a clue about seat blocking (SK doesn´t have that feature) and I honestly think SK agents can not technically do it for LH flights even if they would like to due to technical limitations.
Why your HON status is not recognized as *G is beyond me.
If you have the time I suggest you write both SK Customer Relations (as they acted handling agent, lounge operator etc) and HON member service about it.
Old May 4, 08, 1:08 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
I can only comply with SK_RSJ, GOT Ground Staff (with a few excpetions) is usually really incompetent and they almost never seem to care about any status, so be EBP, EBG, *G or HON. Most staff does not seem to have proper knowledgeabout SK systems (and interline with LH/UA other *A companies) since check in on several carriers can be a hard thing, agents usually blame it on the other airline system...

Still it is really strange lounge staff had any problems, HON is *G,which they usually do recognice, might be that they are not to used to HON, but I have seen pax with HON departing GOT , so there should be basic knowledge. Maybe you should let LH know since they for sure will take your opinion as HON in consideration. The alternatives to avoid SK Ground is using ticket machines, which should recognice correct status, and hoping bag drop can assist with HON tags.

As for OLCI, it do work on LH flights if you have your booking reference, you can check in via SAS (www.sas.se). It has always worked for me, but usually as far as I remember I can only check in for first flight, connecting flights must then be arranged in FRA/MUC.
Old May 5, 08, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BMI gold
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ View Post
If you have the time I suggest you write both SK Customer Relations (as they acted handling agent, lounge operator etc) and HON member service about it.
I have started with HON Service first, depending on their response I will see if I use some sort of copy-paste for the SK folks

Originally Posted by A-340 GOT View Post
The alternatives to avoid SK Ground is using ticket machines, which should recognice correct status, and hoping bag drop can assist with HON tags.
Believe it or not, on my Checkin-Machine BP it showed "FQTV/LH ETKT" with no PNR in front. The unfriendly person at drop off counter gave me the new one with "LH*B ETKT" with no PNR in front.

Originally Posted by A-340 GOT View Post
As for OLCI, it do work on LH flights if you have your booking reference, you can check in via SAS (www.sas.se). It has always worked for me
Well... it should work - good to know Phone Checkin of course did not work because some SAS Business Line told me there is no-one reachable by phone performing checkin. Web-Checkin told me "flight is currently closed, please try again later" - same later Called the HON line and kindly asked to send a Telex to SAS Checkin. Well it did not work out, I would have a guess where it got stuck

Search this Thread