New Point Bargains

Old Apr 14, 08, 1:32 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TRD
Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
Posts: 262
New Point Bargains

Just 30 000 points to Seattle. http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/E...gains/Seattle/
3tflyer is offline  
Old Apr 14, 08, 2:12 pm
  #2  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 7,317
New point bargains

http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/E...ttle/?vst=true

http://www.flysas.com/en/EuroBonus/E...oint-bargains/

The Baltic States, Scandinavia & Finland to Seattle

30 000* points Economy

37 500 points in Economy Extra

+ a bunch others (see link)
tommy777 is offline  
Old Apr 14, 08, 11:01 pm
  #3  
fcl
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Linköping, Sweden
Programs: EBS
Posts: 91
As usual for the IC offers the booking period is short:

Book from April 15 (00.00CET) until April 17 (23.59CET), 2008.
However someone needs to learn to count as the first text says:

This is a last minute deal that is open for 48 hours

Last edited by fcl; Apr 14, 08 at 11:43 pm Reason: typo
fcl is offline  
Old Apr 14, 08, 11:35 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: HEL
Programs: Star Gold
Posts: 4,232
Something must be wrong there. They think 15000 points is a bargain price for HEL-OUL, which it certainly is not. Normal price is 12000 points, isn't it?
Gnopps is offline  
Old Apr 14, 08, 11:56 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Posts: 438
I just got off the phone with Eurobonus. The lady told me it was almost no seats at all available to SEA. She thought it was strange, and is going to look into it and call me back later.
Chriscross is offline  
Old Apr 15, 08, 2:05 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ARN
Posts: 328
As usual there are points bargains in C when there is no C available... This time EB member service doesn't seem to know that there isn't any C-class ARN-ZAG. Almost every month there are points bargains in C although SK does not offer C on the route in question. I just don't understand why they can't get it right. If I - a passenger - see mistakes like this month after month, howcome the people who work at SAS doesn't see it?

But there are some nice points bargains I must say
SK989 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 08, 3:34 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Oslo
Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Posts: 1,056
Originally Posted by SK989 View Post
As usual there are points bargains in C when there is no C available... This time EB member service doesn't seem to know that there isn't any C-class ARN-ZAG. Almost every month there are points bargains in C although SK does not offer C on the route in question. I just don't understand why they can't get it right.
To play the devils advocate :

Even though there isn't any C-class cabin, doesn't mean they dont sell C-class tickets for the flight. In reality does C-class tickets to ZAG mean your seated in Y, but get lounge access and extra luggage allowance.
Someone83 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 08, 6:50 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ARN
Posts: 328
Originally Posted by Someone83 View Post
To play the devils advocate :

Even though there isn't any C-class cabin, doesn't mean they dont sell C-class tickets for the flight. In reality does C-class tickets to ZAG mean your seated in Y, but get lounge access and extra luggage allowance.
That is of course very true - generally speaking, but the thing is that you can neither buy C-class (highest booking class is Y) or get an award ticket in I-class (which is the award booking class for business class) on SK routes which does not have a proper business class cabin (with the exception for domestic flights and intra-Scandinavian flights). Hence, the point bargain table about C-class awards to e.g. Zagreb are just wrong - there aren't any.
SK989 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 08, 7:45 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ARN
Posts: 2,321
Originally Posted by SK989 View Post
That is of course very true - generally speaking, but the thing is that you can neither buy C-class (highest booking class is Y) or get an award ticket in I-class (which is the award booking class for business class) on SK routes which does not have a proper business class cabin (with the exception for domestic flights and intra-Scandinavian flights). Hence, the point bargain table about C-class awards to e.g. Zagreb are just wrong - there aren't any.
But the table on sas.se doesn´t have c-class to Zagreb? (and didn´t have this morning)
SK_RSJ is offline  
Old Apr 15, 08, 7:49 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TRD
Programs: EBG, Marriot Silver
Posts: 262
Scandic Hotels double points

SK Sales Info:
Scandic Hotels Summer Campaign 2008
Double points per night on all Scandic Hotels in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Period: 13jun08 – 17aug08
3tflyer is offline  
Old Apr 15, 08, 7:58 am
  #11  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 7,317
Update on availability!

Just got a note on the SEA availability on award seats. There has been a technical error. It has now been fixed and there's plenty of availability. The offer has been extended to book by Friday night
tommy777 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 08, 8:10 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CPH
Programs: SK *S, IC Plat, Hz 5*
Posts: 250
SEA for 30K/37.5K is a great offer! Unfortunately I can't go this time.

Day after tomorrow I'm off to ORD on the Valentine's offer (20K) with GF, and if I'm not mistaken it will be my first award to the US with SK. See how that goes ...

Happy travels to everybody who's going to SEA!
ebra is offline  
Old Apr 16, 08, 1:25 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ARN
Posts: 328
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ View Post
But the table on sas.se doesn´t have c-class to Zagreb? (and didn´t have this morning)
Ah, SAS have corrected the info! When the point bargains first were published it did say ARN-ZAG 30 000 points for business - I'm 100% sure. It has now been changed to say ---- for business class. Maybe EB member service are reading the posts here at FT?
SK989 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: