Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Help! Air Baltic flight cancelled. What to do next?

Old Apr 9, 08, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Hi.

My first post. Sorry it had to be one pleading for help and possibly in the wrong forum too. Please be gentle and move to a more appropriate spot if necessary

I had a reservation TAS-TXL via RIX on June 5. The TAS-RIX AB flight was cancelled. I was offered new reservations on BT 7743/HY0101 and BT 217 leaving June 5 too, but this new itinerary needs paper tickets that can only be picked up in Riga or Tashkent. The AB rep could not guarantee cancellation of the reservation if it was not ticketed.

My dilemma is I will only get to Tashkent ~10 days before the flight leaves and AB Tashkent office hours are a bit limited. I will be in DUS on April 5 and plan to beg and plead for paper tickets at the AB office there.

I'm really stressed that I won't get paper tickets in Dusseldorf, my reservations will be cancelled and I'll be stuck w/o a flight out of Tashkent. How likely is this to happen? If it does what are my options?

Should I just bite the bullet and rebook on Turkish Airlines?

Last edited by jadecocoa; Apr 9, 08 at 7:35 pm
Old Apr 9, 08, 7:39 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ask them to keep the tickets at the airport office (ATO) instead of the CTO. Then you can pick up the tickets when you arrive in TAS.
Old Apr 9, 08, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I am not flying to TAS. I'm arriving overland.
Old Apr 10, 08, 4:03 am

Programs: SK*S OZ*G
Ask them to keep it at the ticket office at the airport, as the other poster suggested. It's OK if you're arriving by land -- just pick up the tickets the day you depart from TAS at the airport.

I had a slightly similar situation about 2 years ago. I booked a ticket TLL-CPH-IAD with SK, and it was OV on the TLL-CPH leg. The flight was cancelled (they removed it from the schedule permanently) a few weeks before my journey. They didn't inform me of this, but I noticed it 3 days before my journey. I was travelling all the days prior to the journey and unable to be at the airport at times when the SK airport ticket office was open (I arrived the night before at midnight, left the next morning at 7am) so they just gave the tickets to the OV airport ticket office, and I picked them up the day I had my flight. (They rebooked me TLL-OSL-CPH.)

I guess things will become a lot easier in 2-3 months when all airlines finally adopt e-ticketing.
Old Apr 10, 08, 10:28 am
Original Poster

So neither of you think the reservations will be canceled if not ticketed soon? I can and will find a way to pick up the tickets in Tashkent, but wasn't sure about waiting because of this.
Old Apr 10, 08, 3:19 pm

Check the reservation, it might have been reissued already. Usually it comes with a PTA remark (something like RM PWCT ATO 10 APR) and the tickets are in a queue to be printed at that office the day you come to pick it up. As long as you have a confirmed reservation the ticket reissue can happen just before checkin.
Old Apr 10, 08, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help.

All I have is an email from Amadeus via AB. It gives a PNR, ticket number and states "reservation confirmed" for both flights. No annotations like you mention.
Old Apr 10, 08, 3:57 pm

You won't see the annotations. Take a look at you reservation via checkmytrip.com If the reservation shows confirmed there, you are good to go. If a paper ticket has been issued and is lying at the TAS CTO, the reservation will show a paper ticket number.
Old Apr 11, 08, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Checked checkmytrip and it's confirmed there. Looks like I got all stressed for nothing. Thanks, olivier2000.

Search this Thread