FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Seat 1A on the SK 340 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/810161-seat-1a-sk-340-a.html)

SASDC8 Apr 7, 2008 12:55 pm

Seat 1A on the SK 340

Hi.

I have tried the search function, but could not find a clear answer.. Since it`s only about SK`s 340 I hope this is the right place to post this question??

I am flying CPH-BKK on the 9th of April and back on the 27th of April and I have chosen seat 1A both ways. A good or bad choice?? Seatguru did not give me a clear answer eater, so my hopes is for you guys to help :confused:

All feedback much appricated :)

oliver2002 Apr 7, 2008 2:04 pm

I love 1 A because:

+ lots of space in front of you
+ meals are served first, so you get your choice and are done with your meal first

Negatives:
- you get to deplane pretty much as the last in C
- the LCD screen in front of you can be irritating at night if the purser doesn't switch the airshow off.

SK_RSJ Apr 7, 2008 2:14 pm

IMHO 1A is a non favourable seat, not as bad with the new lieflats as with the old config, but the curvature of the wall makes it a little cramped actually. Remember that with the new seats the person in front of you never invades your space while reclining so bulkhead is not as important spacewise as it used to be (with the old seats row 1 was a no-brainer).
If you are not a window-guy any of the middle seats are preferrable as you will have aisle access and still no one to climb over you.
If you travel two persons and want a little privacy 6GH is actually a good choice as you will have the storage locker to the left of you and no one will watch what you guys are doing in your little private corner. Downside is carts might bump in to the G seat at times (breakfast serving).

SASDC8 Apr 7, 2008 2:19 pm

Thanks a lot for the fast reply :) Sounds like I might have picked the right seat...

I am a window guy, so middle seats is not my thing :)

I am little embarrassed to say that I have not flown SK long haul with the sleeper seats, just the old cradle seat. What can I expect service/catering vise?? Flew OS last year and their catering was great..

oliver2002 Apr 7, 2008 2:27 pm

In row 1 you have your IFE scree to yourself and can adjust it better, in the rest of the rows they are fixed to the back of the row in front of you. I've read about the mysterious crampedness in seat 1A/K but somehow don't feel it. That said I'm always in 1A or K, only experienced the other rows during the cradle seat days when getting op ups or when some royalty was sitting in row 1.

SK_RSJ Apr 7, 2008 2:34 pm

Oh, the cool thing about 1A on the 340 is... well, it is 1A on a 340 :D
That boarding pass will impress even your mum.
That said, bulk head is not as important as it used to be with the old seats, happy travel!

SASDC8 Apr 7, 2008 2:42 pm

Thanks a lot guys:)

Hopefully no Royalty will be traveling on my flight so I get my 1A experience :D

And I will be sure to enjoy every minute of it :)

brm Apr 7, 2008 4:05 pm

I personally prefer the D/E over the A, you just need to put your bag in front of you so people don't get tempted to jump across aisles, while you sleep. This even makes an nice extension to the “lie-flat-bed”.
That said, I’d take 1A over 1H, or even 31H any day ;)

SASDC8 Apr 9, 2008 11:32 am

Now I am in SK`s Lounge in OSL with a Boarding pass that says 1A for SK 973. I am really loooking forward to my first 340 flight in 2 years time!!

Thanks for all the useful feedback^

view Apr 9, 2008 1:33 pm

How about the A330, is 1A preferred on that as well? I asked about 1A but was told it was a bassinet seat and could only be relased at check-in.

SASDC8 Apr 9, 2008 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by view (Post 9544794)
How about the A330, is 1A preferred on that as well? I asked about 1A but was told it was a bassinet seat and could only be relased at check-in.

Hmm.. Booked the seat months ago I`m no infant:D

I will let you now if anyone tries to put me in a bassinet ;)

Cheers

Airbus A340-300 Apr 9, 2008 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by SASDC8 (Post 9545030)
Hmm.. Booked the seat months ago I`m no infant:D

I will let you now if anyone tries to put me in a bassinet ;)

Cheers

Agree, that's rubbish from the sales agent. I've preseated first row many times well in advance. And I think 1A or 1H are the best seats in the cabin.

Cheers,

Airbus A340-300

ITALady Jun 1, 2008 8:34 am

[QUOTE=And I think 1A or 1H are the best seats in the cabin.[/QUOTE]

Good to know!! I just booked my parents 1 G & H for a return flight in August - SK 909. It was either row 1 or row 5 - I am glad to hear you think row 1 A & H are BEST!!

SASDC8 Jun 1, 2008 10:18 am

Originally Posted by ITALady (Post 9808051)
Good to know!! I just booked my parents 1 G & H for a return flight in August - SK 909. It was either row 1 or row 5 - I am glad to hear you think row 1 A & H are BEST!!

After flying CPH-BKK-CPH in 1A I at least have found my favorite seat on the 340:D

No problem accessing the aisle, even when the 195 cm tall guy next to me was sleeping soundly:)