FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   815 points short of EBG - Qualifying Year Ends 31/03 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/804887-815-points-short-ebg-qualifying-year-ends-31-03-a.html)

BREWERSDROOP Mar 25, 2008 3:40 am

815 points short of EBG - Qualifying Year Ends 31/03

HELP!

I am 815 points short of EBG and fly approx 20 times per year always Economy. So you can probably easily imagine that I would like to get up to 45000 points and gain access to the lounges for the next year - but my qualifying year ends in one week.

I am based in OSL and presently have no trips planned. What would you do in my situation?

Chriscross Mar 25, 2008 4:02 am

Originally Posted by BREWERSDROOP (Post 9460844)
HELP!

I am 815 points short of EBG and fly approx 20 times per year always Economy. So you can probably easily imagine that I would like to get up to 45000 points and gain access to the lounges for the next year - but my qualifying year ends in one week.

I am based in OSL and presently have no trips planned. What would you do in my situation?

Book a 3 night stay at the cheapest Radissonsas property in Oslo.

You could also check out which destination Lufthansa have on this week's ready to fly. It should be possible to get 3000 points for 1500 NOK.

esv Mar 25, 2008 4:21 am

Or make a quick trip to CPH or ARN (just make sure at least one of the flights earn 100%).

view Mar 25, 2008 5:37 am

Bilbao

Most bang for your buck will be taking the 06.40 to BIO on Sunday morning, there is still availability in the V-class bucket (VKAMP). 802,- NOK all in, this will net you 3600 points + bonus return. Book on www.wideroe.no and make sure you get the VKAMP fare, SAS.no doesn't specify.

Cheap and effective, but you have to get up early Sunday and you need to spend half of Sunday on an airplane in P-class. CPH or ARN is shorter of course.

morradi Mar 25, 2008 10:06 am

Join me and OSLflyer (IIRC) on the early Sunday morning flight to BIO. :) It will be the first ever SAS Leisure flight, but somehow I doubt there will be much of a noticeable difference on board. I am positive this is the cheapest way for you to requalify, but you obvisously need the to have the time.

Another option would be the 18:00 return flight to LYS on Monday (31st). I will be on those flights too!:D It's a bit more expensive than BIO, coming in at NOK 842,-

Come on! You know you want to!:cool:

view Mar 25, 2008 2:15 pm

You guys are going as well? Makes at least 3 of us!

I'm actually sitting here with a paper ticket for this trip, I have no clue how that happened, I haven't had a paper ticket for years. The price for my ticket was 385,- all in including the 50,- NOK service fee. And they even sent me a paper ticket, which I think usually has a hefty fee these days. Great deal LOL :D

gakke Mar 26, 2008 2:11 am

I hope you remember to wake up at 3 am and set your clocks to 4 am. You wouldn't want to miss the flight. ;)

morradi Mar 26, 2008 2:48 am

Originally Posted by view (Post 9464023)
You guys are going as well? Makes at least 3 of us!

I'm actually sitting here with a paper ticket for this trip, I have no clue how that happened, I haven't had a paper ticket for years. The price for my ticket was 385,- all in including the 50,- NOK service fee. And they even sent me a paper ticket, which I think usually has a hefty fee these days. Great deal LOL :D

Yes, the introductory offer of NOK 385 was an excelent bargain. More of those, please... I think that I, too, have a paper ticket for this one. Maybe BIO wasn't an e-ticket destination in November (or October or whenever it was)

Getting up in time for this flight isn't going to be fun. I will not be driving, so I am trying to figure out the best way of getting to OSL from Oslo that early in the morning...

view Mar 26, 2008 4:57 am

Originally Posted by gakke (Post 9466832)
I hope you remember to wake up at 3 am and set your clocks to 4 am. You wouldn't want to miss the flight. ;)

Ouch, I did not think of that :eek:

I'll get the airport express at 05.45, OSL should be a breeze at that time.

Btw, can I check in online with a paper ticket?

Helsinki Flyer Mar 26, 2008 4:59 am

Originally Posted by morradi (Post 9466883)
Getting up in time for this flight isn't going to be fun. I will not be driving, so I am trying to figure out the best way of getting to OSL from Oslo that early in the morning...

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/se...SearchTerm=osl

Iīve never done that. In Oslo I just might, as itīs so expensive (hotels and getting into city as well). Do they have a bar thatīs open all night? :cool:

Someone83 Mar 26, 2008 5:04 am

Originally Posted by view (Post 9467068)
Btw, can I check in online with a paper ticket?

Yes;)

Paby Mar 26, 2008 6:03 am

Originally Posted by BREWERSDROOP (Post 9460844)
HELP!

I would call SAS EB and ask if you really need the 815 points. I was more than 815 points short so gave them a call a week before my qual period ended and the system had at that time already decided I was gonna be EBG next year so I didn't need to worry.

-P

BREWERSDROOP Mar 28, 2008 7:12 am

Originally Posted by morradi (Post 9462562)
Join me and OSLflyer (IIRC) on the early Sunday morning flight to BIO. :) It will be the first ever SAS Leisure flight, but somehow I doubt there will be much of a noticeable difference on board. I am positive this is the cheapest way for you to requalify, but you obvisously need the to have the time.

Another option would be the 18:00 return flight to LYS on Monday (31st). I will be on those flights too!:D It's a bit more expensive than BIO, coming in at NOK 842,-

Come on! You know you want to!:cool:

I would love to join you on the Monday flight. It is my birthday, so a little present to myself.

I see the 18:00 to LYS and the return but the website is quoting me 2033 NOK. Is there a special offer I am missing?

morradi Mar 28, 2008 7:34 am

Originally Posted by BREWERSDROOP (Post 9479835)
I would love to join you on the Monday flight. It is my birthday, so a little present to myself.

I see the 18:00 to LYS and the return but the website is quoting me 2033 NOK. Is there a special offer I am missing?

Hmm... Seems there's no availability in V-class. Seatcounter confirms this. I get the same price you do both on sas.no and wideroe.no, which books in k both ways. Obviously, what you want is the V-class tickets (both for price and points), but a return to LYS would still grant you more than what you need to renew your EBG.

You might come across V-class availability if you tried different countries' SK-sites (sas.se/no/dk/ru/de/etc...), thought it is a bit time consuming. There is, of course, the chance that revenue management might release a seat in V, but I'm not sure I'd hold my breath for that one.

Good luck, whatever you decide!

BREWERSDROOP Mar 28, 2008 11:10 am

Success!

Hi all

I took the cheapest option - begging! A quick email to Eurobonus Services and I got the following reply:

Dear Brewersdroop,

Thank you for your email. We are pleased to advise you that we will upgrading your EuroBonus membership to Gold Level for the loyalty that you have shown towards SAS. Your account will be updated early next week and we will arrange for your new card to be posted to the address shown on your profile:-

<My address shown here>

Thank you for choosing to fly SAS and have a nice weekend.

^HURRAH^

Thanks to everyone for their input too.

BD