New Pandion onboard

Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:18 pm

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Thats a lot more impressive than anything i'd expected from SAS! I'll try to engrave that bird on my 16GB iPhone
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Got my new EuroBonus Mastercard today and I must say that this MasterCard is the best I have seen ever (+ that the number of card holders are pretty limited). Looks a lot better than the regular EuroBonus Pandion card. Better goldshine in the word Pandion and the *G logo is in the top left corner with the pandion bird to the right of it (in sharp silver). On the regular card the *G logo kinds of disappears in the bottom right corner as the background is pure black over there. Waiting for the Diners now.
I will not post any more pictures untill I get access to a proper camera!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

I promise not to bore you guys by turning this thread in to a blog style report, but as today was the first day my EBP status showed in the system I actually noticed a few things:
-First I successfully made use of the "companion ticket". This summer I am booked in paid Business class (using IDB-vouchers...) to ATH with wifey travelling on Business award using my points. I called member service and asked if they now could refund me some points as wife should only need the points for Economy award as I am EBP. Took about two minutes and I got my points back. ^
-Had to call reservations twice (as I wanted to route via OSL to get more points this friday going ARN-OSL-LHR). The queue priority was completely and totally awesome. While I must admit it do works pretty decent as EBG todays waiting time was stated as 11 and 17 minutes respectively. But as soon as I entered the number an agent picked the call in less than 2 seconds on both calls.
-Also both agents commented on the EBP and the booking fee was lowered to the web SEK 50 without questions when I mentioned that my request was not possible on the website.
-I am travelling in P LHR-ARN this sunday But agent happily preseated me in the blocked forward part of the M-cabin saying "they will not keep you in M anyhows". We´ll see about that. If stuck in M I will at least get to see if the purser decides to charge for BOB or not.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 2:12 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
I promise not to bore you guys by turning this thread in to a blog style report
Please do!!! It's exciting to get a first hand feedback on Pandion. ^^ (Do you want me to make it a stickey??)

It sucks that they don't waive the 50.- booking fee for EBPs
Old Mar 31, 2008, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
-Had to call reservations twice (as I wanted to route via OSL to get more points this friday going ARN-OSL-LHR). The queue priority was completely and totally awesome. While I must admit it do works pretty decent as EBG todays waiting time was stated as 11 and 17 minutes respectively. But as soon as I entered the number an agent picked the call in less than 2 seconds on both calls.
Maybe you can sell your number for us to use to skip the queue?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 3:32 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
I promise not to bore you guys by turning this thread in to a blog style report
Definitely do!! Please!
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:15 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I promise not to bore you guys by turning this thread in to a blog style report, but as today was the first day my EBP status showed in the system I actually noticed a few things:
-First I successfully made use of the "companion ticket". This summer I am booked in paid Business class (using IDB-vouchers...) to ATH with wifey travelling on Business award using my points. I called member service and asked if they now could refund me some points as wife should only need the points for Economy award as I am EBP. Took about two minutes and I got my points back. ^
-Also both agents commented on the EBP and the booking fee was lowered to the web SEK 50 without questions when I mentioned that my request was not possible on the website.
-I am travelling in P LHR-ARN this sunday But agent happily preseated me in the blocked forward part of the M-cabin saying "they will not keep you in M anyhows". We´ll see about that. If stuck in M I will at least get to see if the purser decides to charge for BOB or not.
Sounds nice! Thanks for the report and have a great time flying!
Old Apr 7, 2008, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

So, now I have a bunch of flights in my record since the EBP kicked in april 1:

-Lounge at ARN - nothing special (two visits)
-Lounge at OSL - nothing special (one visit)
Wasn´t one supposed to get a special bag with dailys or something?
-CI-desk at ARN (twice), first time no reaction, second time the agent didn´t recognize the card as a EB-card.
-Gate agent at OSL was upright rude when I politely asked to change my seat (they moved the C-divider and my seat was crewed up). What a jerk.
-Was in the last row of Business class (row 7) OSL-LHR and was obviously served last. The bread had probably been warmed but was now cold. The meal and bread was terrible too. Learn from SAS Sweden, you hear! Everyone got a hot towel but me. Overall very lousy C-experience. What is up with SAS Norge?
-CI at LHR. Travelling in M. What a great place for a Pandion. I was travelling with four non status friends and asked if it was possible for me to bring all of them to the lounge? (This was snowfall chaos sunday). The CI agent double checked with her supervisor (they have a desk behind the CI counter for flight planning). The supervisor (yes, it was the young british lady with the three letter name - starts with a K and ends with a M, some of you knows her), got my card for a minute and then she came back and said OK. My boarding pass got a special stamp saying "SAS Pandion".
-London Lounge. The receptionist greeted me with a "Oh, now you are here mr SK_RSJ, they called from CI and said you where coming, please bring your friends in".
-Was op-uped to Y+ after boarding. Found out there was a lady in my M-seat. So, the gate agent came onboard, moved some poor fellow in Y+ to the back and gave me a new BP, sorry about that mate!
-Did another jump ARN-CPH with a c-class ticket - no recognition, but OK flight as always. The new SAS Denmark breakfast (with the Knorr fruit punch) is an improvement. And the 319 smells like a new car as Tommy777 once described it at the 319 DO.
-Did a swedish domestic flight (from AGH) today with a c-ticket. Flight half empty. Did OLCI but my seat was changed to a middle. What? CI could not do anything as flight was closing. I moved myself to a blocked seat.
-BOB. I went for coffee and one of the new type sandwiches which was not very nice but an improvement. Purchased directly from the purser who couldn´t care less about a Pandion MC and charged the SEK50 happily. Oh well. I might have to get a TP - it will give less money to SK and I will get complimentary coffee.

To sum the long weekend up: Superb recognition at LHR. ARN and OSL kind of sucks and what is up with SAS Norway anyhows? Their Business Class product is way below par. No gray "Reserved for Comfort" in the middle seat and they are not even serving the big wine bottles on a premium route such as OSL-LHR??? Even SAS Denmark does a better job than that.

Now I need to try long haul to see what this Pandion thing is up to...

Last edited by SK_RSJ; Apr 7, 2008 at 3:38 pm
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:13 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I hope you are writing the same feedback to SK.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:30 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Trust med, our Pandion guy at SAS is reading this thread for sure
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:41 pm

But he is not copying the complaints SK_RSJ has into his CRM system so it doesn't appear in his statistics. No statistics, no action.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 9:03 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Why I am not surprised to hear the bad experiences even from Pandion member? I must say that I am not very surprised, SAS has dropped the ball long ago and cannot actually recognize their most loyal customers.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:07 am

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Thanks for update SK_RSJ, really shame to hear about the treatment @ ARN & OSL, as well as SAS Norge service.

How about running for LH HON ? But I assume your travel pattern does not fit for going as HON.?!. As Mikka mentioned it seems SK care about frequent travellers really seem to have slided, and it is bad to hear not even SKP cant get a nice treatment by SK Staff.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:44 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I had my first moment at LHR at check-in recently. Now SK in London are brilliant, good luggage handling, often on the carousel before I arrive, I like the London lounge and the gate dragons are so friendly.

The other day I was travelling to NRT via CPH. Booked on two separate PNR's and that was the problem. Travelling C and they wouldn't through check the bags They have before but not this time. Waited 10 minutes in CPH and my bags was second off the plane, nobody infront of me at the baggage drop (that's a first) in CPH, through fast track security immediately - all in all I couldn't have been landside for more than 17 minutes. But why did you make be go through that hassel when you could physically have through checked my bags? It wasn't a premium experience. I'm only a Gold so that could explain it.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:32 pm

Programs: SAS EBP, BA EC Gold, SPG Platinum, First Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, etc....

Now I need to try long haul to see what this Pandion thing is up to...

This scares me, sorry to hear about your much less than perfect (acceptable) trip, I am going on my first (real) SK trip, after "reaching" EBP, this Sunday.

IAD>CPH>AAL>CPH>IAD (return Wednesday), all in Y+

Will let you all know how this proceeds, but not very optimistic following "SK_RSJ" trip report

...... chris

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.