Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Pandion onboard

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2008, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

First time - brilliant purser and crew

Did a connecting A321 leg CPH-ARN today in M (with two kids) and guess what. (you guys will not believe this)
Immediately after the seatbelt sign was turned off the purser rushes down the aisle to me (this is before the C/Y cabin is being served) and ask if we (me and kids) would like something to drink or eat? Well I ordered a bunch of cloud shop items and no one ever asked for charge. The crew was far more attentive to me than to the C/Y cabin. And the purser came and asked if we wanted anything else a couple of times. Also they handed my 5yr old a Ludo game before take off (guess other kids got something too later in flight). Midflight the purser came to have a chat and said it must be nice to travel with the family for a change.
I am in complete shock.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 12:52 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
Did a connecting A321 leg CPH-ARN today in M (with two kids) and guess what. (you guys will not believe this)
Immediately after the seatbelt sign was turned off the purser rushes down the aisle to me (this is before the C/Y cabin is being served) and ask if we (me and kids) would like something to drink or eat? Well I ordered a bunch of cloud shop items and no one ever asked for charge. The crew was far more attentive to me than to the C/Y cabin. And the purser came and asked if we wanted anything else a couple of times. Also they handed my 5yr old a Ludo game before take off (guess other kids got something too later in flight). Midflight the purser came to have a chat and said it must be nice to travel with the family for a change.
I am in complete shock.
Nice to see! I saw a response to another thread by a SAS staff member at LHR, so someone at SAS must have also ready this one. If this coninues for you, then maybe SAS have finally gotten the message.

Do you know if your Pandion card lets you get into the First Class Hon Circle lounge with LX/LH? They told me at Zurich that only Hon Circle and the equiv in other *A schemes get access there (ie. higher than *G). So, that means that you should be able to enter these lounges. Have you tried/had the opportunity to try?
Old Aug 16, 2008, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ozziebob
Do you know if your Pandion card lets you get into the First Class Hon Circle lounge with LX/LH? They told me at Zurich that only Hon Circle and the equiv in other *A schemes get access there (ie. higher than *G). So, that means that you should be able to enter these lounges. Have you tried/had the opportunity to try?
I have certainly had the opportunity but never tried it. I highly doubt the staff there has a clue as to what pandion is? Would be a nice perk.
I noticed last week that SK have stopped printing EBP on their boarding passes. It now says SK*P on SK issued BPs and SK*G with e.g. LH issued ones. This will confuse even SK staff not to mention the rest of the *A. They should print "SK*G EBP" or something. SK*P is not *A lingua.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 6:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH FCT and FCL are only for F pax and HONs, no pandions allowed.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:41 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Just wondering if you have received any recognition on other airlines for the EBP status? Normally, they have benefits for *A **G, so do they even know what Pandion is?
Old Aug 20, 2008, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ozziebob
Just wondering if you have received any recognition on other airlines for the EBP status? Normally, they have benefits for *A **G, so do they even know what Pandion is?
No. To be honest my experience is limited to LH and BD and they just swipe the card. Guess it shows as any *G in the system they have. About the same as SK so recognition is aligned within the alliance.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:06 am

Programs: SK*G, FB Plat, BA-GGL
Little OT this, but came to think of it when I read SK-RSJ's answer... LH is quite good with *G customers. In general. Once on a FRA-DEN flight in ECO, an FA came single purpose to my seat and told me he spoke Swedish. Then he told me they propably had more C-class dinners than they needed, and he would bring one to me.

So SK-RSJ, they'll most likely spank you with duck-feathers when you board.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 5:48 am

Programs: SK EBG
Positive experience with LH/Swiss as an EBG

Building on Fnats' comments - my impression is that LH seems to value EBG more than SAS. I've been EBG for 2.5 years and only once have I been upgraded from economy extra to business (ARN-LCY on a Monday morning flight).

With LH and Swiss they have showed at least some recognition:

1) When flying FRA-ARN on LH last summer (during my vacation) I was sitting in economy and when the FA passed by my seat, he told me "Very welcome to this flight, Mr. E_Viking, I see that you fly a lot with Star Alliance. Just let me know if I can get you more food or something else". All the leisure travellers around me on their way back from Thailand looked quite surprised and probably wondered who this guy was

2) When I was booked on ZRH-CPH-ARN with Swiss/SK on an award ticket in economy, I asked the Swiss check-in lady in Zurich whether there was any chance to switch flights to the non-stop flight instead - no problem

3) When flying Swiss on ARN-ZRH this summer (also in economy and on vacation) I was upgraded to business

Situations like the one in 1) has such a great signalling effect but still it does not cost the FAs/airline anything.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:21 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
True; according to my experience, LH and CA seem to value *G passengers much more than SAS their own EBGs.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
It now says SK*P on SK issued BPs and SK*G with e.g. LH issued ones.
In "LH language" SKP means unknown SK FFP status I have had "SKP" written by hand on my BPs by LH agents when entering/changing FFP No.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

I am aware that Pandion, HON, UGS etc are all airline and not alliance wide top tiers. But they should at least make sure those pax are recognized as *G when travelling on other *-carriers.
The one company that really cares about Pandion is actually Avis. They make a thing out of it at every rental. My Presidents Club-card even have "SAS PANDION MEMBER" embossed on it.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:21 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I think that SAS should look in to offering First Class lounge access for Pandions. Hon Circle members can get in to plenty of F lounges, including Thai and South African.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 3:17 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E71: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/546; U; en))

Sorry, ignore this post.

Last edited by Robbiedeluxe; Aug 26, 2008 at 3:18 am
Old Aug 27, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Originally Posted by tommy777
I think that SAS should look in to offering First Class lounge access for Pandions.
Ah yes - perhaps they could call it the Royal Viking Lounge
Old Aug 27, 2008, 8:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
Ah yes - perhaps they could call it the Royal Viking Lounge
The name was actually Royal Viking Club Lounge (or Royal Vodka Club like we use to call it). They were replaced with Scandinavian Lounges. There were a lot more RVC members than EBPs and EBPs have to endure the Scandinavian Lounges with the rest of us.

But out in the world, it doesn't make any sense to me why SAS can't contract these very few members in to UAs F, LHs F etc.. lounges

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.