Empty pockets in CPH?

Old Feb 11, 08, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD, AB OWS (Gold)
Empty pockets in CPH?

I went through the Fast Track at CPH today, and they insisted I empty my pockets, including my passport and boarding card. They have never asked me to do that before. Have you also experienced this?

I left some pocket lint behind.
Old Feb 11, 08, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
I guess this is mainly implemented to create new discrepancies between security controls across Europe.

Since they allowed two bags through security in London Heathrow they also allowed computers to remain inside the bag. However shoes must come off.

In Scandinavia shoes may remain on, computers must be taken out. Belts must be removed and pockets emptied.

Sometimes at ARN (but not often) I have been asked to remove everything in the pockets.
Old Feb 11, 08, 3:20 pm

Programs: EBG
I find it redicoulus the procedures of the security control in CPH. Maybe it is because they was classified as a low security airport 1-2 years ago. I remember when I had to go through security after landing in Norway from CPH because of low security in CPH.

But anyhow, the security controlls in Norway and Sweeden are pretty bad too. But CPH is worth! Remove belt, shoes, computers, empty pockets etc etc. I got irritated of the arrogant securityguard that was there last time I went through, so I suggested that he make all the people undress completly that it must make his job easier. That wasnt too popular, but i didnt care what he think.

After passing through security in LHR 2 weeks ago, I got confirmed how crazy the scandinavian security controls are. At LHR I didnt have to remove laptop, shoes or belt before passing security.

So who is hysterical??? Which country have the biggest threat?

Just wondering!

BFN
Old Feb 11, 08, 3:35 pm

Programs: SU Bonus, SK EBG, BD Silver, HH Diamond
Remove shoes ? After flying from CPH about 20 times, i've never been asked to remove shoes, despite the fact that they buzz every single time on metal detector. Well, may be they let me wear because it is ECCO boots :)
Neither i've been asked to empty pockets, besides usual wallet and mobile phones.

Last edited by Xevus; Feb 11, 08 at 3:41 pm
Old Feb 11, 08, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The cool thing I noticed is that the sadists hired to do the secondary US security have gone away ^
Old Feb 11, 08, 10:11 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
The cool thing I noticed is that the sadists hired to do the secondary US security have gone away ^
Oh, it is getting better there? Nice ...

Lately I have been flying mostly in China and it is a relaxing experience, minimum amount of work and minimum amount of time spent in security checks. (more time in the lounge).
Old Feb 12, 08, 2:55 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, SAS Diamond
Originally Posted by BizflyerNorway View Post
:
But anyhow, the security controlls in Norway and Sweeden are pretty bad too.

BFN
I agree. I actually noticed a very serious breach of security checks at Stavanger Airport. I was bored at work and just studied this and thats when I saw.......(well I can`t say).....but it was bad. And yet it`s still going on everyday! There goes your airport taxes in professional use
Old Feb 12, 08, 12:39 pm

Programs: Various
Airport security hasn't got much to do with real security anyway. I lost all respect for the procedure when the liquids ban came.

What do you think is most effective anyway? X-Ray of luggage or pat down of every traveller where the WMTD beeps? I know both are done in Europe but I like many others have been sent on our way without the security people ever found any reason for the beep. I feel so safe...
Old Feb 12, 08, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 2K, MM, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by miikka View Post
Oh, it is getting better there? Nice ...
Hardly

I think CPH has some of the nicest security around though. ^
Old Feb 12, 08, 1:21 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
I don't like when I have to take off my shoes even if I know that they don't cause alarm. Or if I am willing for the pat down and I want to wear my belt then why I cannot go through with it. Some places allow this and in there the security lines are much shorter in my experience because people do not have to put the clothes back on.

I have also seen places where you were forced to take off something (eg. belt) and go back through the metal detector stopping the whole line instead of pat down.

I must say that LHR seems to go really smoothly these days, China is just an easy compared to everywhere else and Finland seems to be changing the rules once in awhile, you never know what is the rule for the day. Although they are testing now the full-body scanner in HEL but it is in use only during the rush hour (tried to volunteer to test it but it wasn't in operation as it was quiet time at that time).
Old Feb 12, 08, 3:04 pm

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
I don't see the problem with emptying my pockets or removing my belts. It decreases the changes for the alarm to go off. And it doesn't take much time to do this.

However, what annoys me more than anything else are people (read: idiots) that doesn't start taking of their coats, belt, getting their laptop out, etc etc, until it's their turn to put their belongings on the belt and by then holding up the line.....I'm fed up standing there forever waiting for people that holds up the line because of this (and of course these types of people often are slow mot*******ers too and it takes them forever to take of their coat, etc etc) and I just want to yell at them if this is their first time travelling
Old Feb 12, 08, 3:14 pm

It's "international law", claims STN security

At LHR I didnt have to remove laptop, shoes or belt before passing security.
Flew out of Stansted (STN) today and had to have shoes scanned. When I queried this, I was told it was "international law" and that they were surely doing it (i.e. scanning shoes) at LHR as it would be breaking the law for them not to scan them.

Same as BizFlyerNorway, I did not have to remove laptop, shoes nor belt at LHR last week.

I wonder how many untold miseries are perpetrated under the guise of "international law".

/dna
Old Feb 27, 08, 2:03 pm

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
After passing through security in LHR 2 weeks ago, I got confirmed how crazy the scandinavian security controls are. At LHR I didnt have to remove laptop, shoes or belt before passing security.
You must have been lucky! Went through the transfer security at T3 Monday and had to remove shoes, belt and laptop to pass through security. In addition did they decide to analyse the liquids in I was carrying (mainly mini bottles with shampoo and lotion stolen from Le Chamois in Whistler)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: