FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   160 points short of EBG :) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/787499-160-points-short-ebg.html)

Xevus Feb 6, 2008 7:10 am

160 points short of EBG :)

So, i've calculated all my earning for next month, and i've found that i will be only 160 points short of EBG by end of February. Now, of course i will fly more, but my next scheldued flight won't come untill late March, and i'd hate to wait for almost a month for status upgrade.

Any ideas where i can score missing points cheap ? I was thinking about domestic Denmark, but it seems that only low economy tickets are available, even 500+ DKK tickets are in low economy classes.

ranskis Feb 6, 2008 7:35 am

an SK return in domestic should work out fine, even at 25% miles. The normal earning is 300 points / segment, 25% of that is 75 points / flight + 15% silver status = 85 points (at least) => 170 qualifying points in total, le compte est bon :)

or a single nordic flight, like CPH ARN gets 175 points in T class.

henry999 Feb 6, 2008 8:18 am

Or spend a night in a Radisson SAS. I believe you still get Basic (not Extra) points for that.

cheers,

Henry

Robbiedeluxe Feb 6, 2008 9:09 am

Wirelessly posted (Nokia E61i: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10031/264; U; en))

Originally Posted by henry999
Or spend a night in a Radisson SAS. I believe you still get Basic (not Extra) points for that.

cheers,

Henry

You sure do, 500 basic points. Spend a night with your girlfriend and have some 'fun'... :D

Petrus Feb 6, 2008 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe (Post 9201655)
Wirelessly posted (Nokia E61i: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10031/264; U; en))

You sure do, 500 basic points. Spend a night with your girlfriend and have some 'fun'... :D

Seconded. Always have blast at Radissons with my Fiancee.

gakke Feb 6, 2008 2:29 pm

Me, too.

The "cheap flight barometer" has flights from cph to Aalborg, Århus, Warsaw and Berlin for 345 DKK each way.

Warsaw and Berlin give you 240 eb points each way.

Holmion Feb 6, 2008 4:05 pm

No worries! I doubt they will give you a EBS card when youŽre only 160 points from EBG and have schedueled SK flights comming up in near future. My advice is; call EB and talk to them, IŽll pretty sure they work things out!

Xevus Feb 6, 2008 4:54 pm

Funny, RT mileage run to Berlin is actually cheaper than domestic Denmark (787 DKK AI). Thanks for suggestion. Only 30 minutes between inbound and outbound, i really hope its the same airplane :)

Xevus Feb 7, 2008 12:51 am

Wait. There is no internet check-in from Berlin, so i actually might not be able to check-in. Do you think i can get return boarding pass when departing CPH ?

Jespersm Feb 7, 2008 2:06 am

Originally Posted by Xevus (Post 9206698)
Wait. There is no internet check-in from Berlin, so i actually might not be able to check-in. Do you think i can get return boarding pass when departing CPH ?

Yes, when your return travel is on the same date, it won't be a problem.

Xevus Feb 25, 2008 5:42 am

Writing this from TXL. Actually at CPH both quick check-in machine and human agent refused to check-in me on return flight. In addition to that my flight was delayed by 5 or so minutes and we had to disembark to bus. Needless to say i missed check-in time and went to LH ticket office preparing for lengthy battle for rerouting.

But i was very pleasantly surprised when very nice german lady rebooked me without ever confronting me or even asking why i had such reservation in the first place. Technically she could refuse free rerouting, because it wasn't connecting flight, delays was very small, etc. I honestly didn't expected that from LH.

gardkarlsen Feb 25, 2008 7:31 am

Hi

I would also go for the hotel option. Its gotta hurt if you fail to move up to EBG when missing only 160 points ;)

GetAA81Back2ARN Feb 25, 2008 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Xevus (Post 9309541)
Writing this from TXL. Actually at CPH both quick check-in machine and human agent refused to check-in me on return flight. In addition to that my flight was delayed by 5 or so minutes and we had to disembark to bus. Needless to say i missed check-in time and went to LH ticket office preparing for lengthy battle for rerouting.

What kind of argument did the human agent have not to check you in for the return flight. I can assume there are preset limits for the machines but an agent should be able to check you in.

Was the segments booked on separate tickets?

Xevus Feb 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Same reservation, SK 1675 outbound, SK 1676 inbound. She said she couldn't do it, something along the line "if self-service machine can't do it, than neither can i". She did looked up my booking, and i hope she tried to check me in, and not just brushed me off. I thought the she just didn't know how to do that (its not connecting flights after all), and there was no other check-in desk available.

gakke Feb 25, 2008 4:58 pm

Congratulations on achieving your Gold:Dmembership! Remember to change your profile.