Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

OSL: «Sorry, fast track is only available for EBGs on SK metal!»

OSL: «Sorry, fast track is only available for EBGs on SK metal!»

Old Apr 28, 2008, 1:45 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by miikka
SAS Logic: most loyal customers who don't fly with SK flights aren't much worth for SAS.

And considering the other thread about the treatment of super loyal EBP customers ... treating EBG like that isn't any kind of surprise. We aren't actually so valuable for SAS.
This is so crazy customer treatment, I cant see any other *A carrier treating pax like this ?!. Has annyone actually complained to SK ? The strange logic is that since SK dont compete (more or less) on any of the routes, AFAIK SK offers no departures into VIE anymore, all on OS metal , so it is really hard flying SK if that is what they want. And booking code share not always the easiest either on SK crappy booking engine....annoying
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:42 pm

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by A-340 GOT
This is so crazy customer treatment, I cant see any other *A carrier treating pax like this ?!. Has annyone actually complained to SK ? The strange logic is that since SK dont compete (more or less) on any of the routes, AFAIK SK offers no departures into VIE anymore, all on OS metal , so it is really hard flying SK if that is what they want. And booking code share not always the easiest either on SK crappy booking engine....annoying
I think one of the reasons might be that there is actually quite many EBGs out there. So they want to limit the benefit usage to their own customers (with their own flight numbers).

One thing, which confuses is that internally SAS thinks that code-sharing works very well and you can actually book the code-share flights from their website/sales center. In reality, it doesn't work and sometimes it is impossible to book their own flights through SAS. They were really surprised in customer service department in Finland when I pointed out that for example they are lacking all their destinations in China in web booking engine except Beijing and it is impossible to book SK flight numbers for domestic China because the web site cannot do that and neither could their own sales people. So, I think their logic might be that they think that all the passengers book SK flight numbers to VIE but in reality it might not be always possible.

In my opinion SAS should just open their wallet and start being *A friendly and open the benefit for all *A passengers. That is what all the big *A airlines are doing, I have never heard that LH would be denying the Fast Track from other than LH customers.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:46 am

Programs: EB*G, BD*G, HH Silver, FB, AA, SPG, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by A-340 GOT
AFAIK SK offers no departures into VIE anymore, all on OS metal , so it is really hard flying SK if that is what they want.
They have a daily CPH-VIE
Old Apr 29, 2008, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Someone83
They have a daily CPH-VIE
The question is really not about whether they actually have an SK flight to a particular destination - but rather how they decide to treat their most frequent customers (EBG): I.e. Attitude and service. For CPH there is lounge access as long as you fly on *-flights. But not fasttrack. And as I said it was a completely empty fasttrack space when I was denied entry with 4 security staff just hanging around. They saw my EBG card and still denied access - just to prove a point (in this case a silly point which is inconsistent with how other * airlines treat *G) - rather than just being service minded. That is what I regretfully often see when flying SAS. And that I believe is a major factor in a very poor Q1 performance ( as discussed in the other current thread). Hopefully they can turn this around- but I must say I have my doubts... unfortunately.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Originally Posted by miikka
In my opinion SAS should just open their wallet and start being *A friendly and open the benefit for all *A passengers. That is what all the big *A airlines are doing, I have never heard that LH would be denying the Fast Track from other than LH customers.
I agree.

However, in this case, SK won't even let their own top tier and most loyal customers benefit from Fast Track - this is what I find completely unacceptable. Being an EBG should entitle you to be treated as an EBG, regardless of what *A carrier your flight is operated by.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 2:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Well, SAS policies are always a bigger mystery. Maybe they just want to point to their own top tier customers that they shouldn't fly with other *A airlines. Or then just someone didn't think of that option that someone would be flying with some other airline than SAS from CPH.

Of course the security people are just doing their jobs as instructed, I am sure they would allow anyone through if SAS would have allowed that. Some feedback to SAS would be a good idea?

Similar things exist in other airports too, in HEL SAS is having an EBG benefit for VIP parking when flying with SAS. It is similar EBG-SK flight benefit as the Fast Track in CPH.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 2:28 am

Obviously, no access for EBG travelling on *A is kind of unbelievable as a strategy.
Not to be mixed up with lounge access as that is a official *G policy with a charge system beteen airlines in place systemwide - SAS actually earns money if someone travelling OS uses the lounge.
The upside of this situation is that they have personnel who actually honors and enforces the rules (whatever the rules). What they need to do now is to:
-Change the rules to at least let EBG on *A use Fast Track.
-Teach the gate keepers the rules. As described earlier they do not always know the rules and can for instance not separate class of service from booking class.
Old May 1, 2008, 6:57 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
Obviously, no access for EBG travelling on *A is kind of unbelievable as a strategy.
Not to be mixed up with lounge access as that is a official *G policy with a charge system beteen airlines in place systemwide - SAS actually earns money if someone travelling OS uses the lounge.
The upside of this situation is that they have personnel who actually honors and enforces the rules (whatever the rules). What they need to do now is to:
-Change the rules to at least let EBG on *A use Fast Track.
-Teach the gate keepers the rules. As described earlier they do not always know the rules and can for instance not separate class of service from booking class.
Dont fly them and let them go bankrupt.
Anyway: When will LH buy them?
Old May 1, 2008, 10:58 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gnaget
CPH. SAS had deployed one of its nastiest beetch matrons to pick a fight with its premium passengers.
Classic. Hei, when you've got a tactic that works, and 'stalwarts' strong enough to hold the line, of course you're going to do it your own way, customers (and published policy) be damned.

Originally Posted by gnaget
SAS CPH needs to fire all its Danish female employees over age 45. Can't they find some lower wage, friendlier workers in Skĺne?
Be careful. It's not only the Danes. And besides, our esteemed moderator likes to schmooze with the dragons.

cheers,

Henry
Old May 23, 2008, 9:05 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by henry999
Classic. Hei, when you've got a tactic that works, and 'stalwarts' strong enough to hold the line, of course you're going to do it your own way, customers (and published policy) be damned.

Be careful. It's not only the Danes. And besides, our esteemed moderator likes to schmooze with the dragons.

cheers,

Henry
Just got my EBG renewed. In the accompanying leaflet it now states clearly 'SAS Fasttrack (When flying with Scandinavian Airlines)'. So I guess they dont want any misunderstandings - they have NO intention of letting anyone through flying on other *-carriers - even EBGs.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 5:22 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by GreatDane
Just got my EBG renewed. In the accompanying leaflet it now states clearly 'SAS Fasttrack (When flying with Scandinavian Airlines)'. So I guess they dont want any misunderstandings - they have NO intention of letting anyone through flying on other *-carriers - even EBGs.
The whole thing is really annoying. I went Swiss to Delhi last week from CPH, showed my EBG card, was denied access to fast track, went through normal security, went into the Scandinavian lounge next to the fast track, after my 20 security check and walk.

There is really no advantage in Eurobonus any longer if you compare their limited number of hotel partners. A quick look at the Singapore Krisflyer shows what SAS should have. I am thinking of changing to SQ considering that SAS seem to have nothing special for Pandion EB and considering the comments on the other thread, they don't respect that level of customer
Old Aug 8, 2008, 7:04 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by GreatDane

Me and GF (both EBGs) had to fight our way through to get access to fast track a couple of weeks ago. First the girl "who guarded" the FT swiped my gold card and said I was not allowd to use it. I showed her my boarding pass to NCE, but she still claimed I was not allowed to use FT. Then I saw on her computer screen the text "now check bar-code on Borading pass", and guess what - it said I was allowed to use FT after all.

Next person in line was my GF with EBG-card and same BP as me. Do you think she was allowed to use FT? Nope. I said she was travelling with me and and dragged her with me... Hope SAS doesn't pay too much for the FT at OSL.

At det fasttrack at OSL I saw a sign for the people working their which stated that Pandions ALWAYS should be allowed to use the fast track. There was even a picture of the card. They had probably had incidents where even Pandions had been denied access.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 8:56 am

Programs: SAS Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG RA Spire
Originally Posted by Ozziebob
There is really no advantage in Eurobonus any longer if you compare their limited number of hotel partners.
...and as I pointed out in another thread (http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....3&postcount=32), EuroBonus' few hotel partners hardly knows that EuroBonus exist. So not much help in that.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 7:26 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Marriott Rewards, SPG, Hilton Hhonors Gold
I haven't read all the posts in detail so I don't know if a clear answer has been given on the topic.

It is clearly stated on http://www.sas.no/no/Alt-om-reisen/Fast-Track/ that Fast Track in OSL is available for Business, Eco Extra and EuroBonus Gold on SAS, Widerře and Blue1 flights.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 5:34 pm

I was almost ejected from the Fasttrack at OSL today by an overzealous G4S security guard. I denied me entry on an SK economy ticket while showing him my EGB card. He swiped the card, I think his screen said "check ticket" and just pointed to the long regular line and said "go there". I responded that I was EBG on SK metal and pointed out the big sign above his head. He then suggested that I should buy a more expensive ticket if I wanted to use Fasttrack, really quite rude the way he said it. There was now forming a line behind me, and neither of us were budging. He said I could use Fasttrack this time only then. When I suggested he get aqauinted with the rules, he responded "don't get rude with me or I will remove you" in his poor Norwegian (he was not of Norwegian origin). I sensed he meant it, the guy was pretty hostile so I just kept quiet, went through Fasttrack and straight into the Scandinavian lounge and fired off a complaint to SAS. Not a good way to start your "premium" SAS experience!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.