Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Change in parking benefits in Finland

Old Nov 15, 07, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)

Good old days it used to be the benefit that in the smaller airports EBG members were able to park free of charge if they had a SK/KF flight.

Today I received my SAS Eurobonus statement and they tell that the parking benefit will be changed to apply only for the Bonus trips. In Finnish: http://www.blue1.fi/templates/Page.a...epslanguage=FI

One benefit going away again from EBG.
Old Nov 16, 07, 5:14 am

This would´ve been a nice benefit at HEL airport, but never was available here. Looks like SAS is giving up in the fight against Finnair. Well, I supported the challenger for a while as competition is always good for customers.
Old Nov 17, 07, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer View Post
This would´ve been a nice benefit at HEL airport, but never was available here. Looks like SAS is giving up in the fight against Finnair. Well, I supported the challenger for a while as competition is always good for customers.
In HEL they offered and still offer Express parking (whatever that means).

For Finns there are less and less good reasons to fly out of Finland with SAS. Connecting to SAS longhauls isn't big enough reason while you can easily also connect to much bigger amount of longhaul flights with LH for example. And of course someone would say that LH/KL/AF longhauls are just rubbish but in my opinion SAS hasn't been much different for many years.

The parking benefit was excellent for us travelling out from the small airports, it was so easy just to park and walk to the terminal and inform the plate number to the SAS staff and return date. Fantastic benefit, which was good example about benefit that was actually benefiting the EBG members.
Old Jan 27, 08, 10:57 am
Original Poster

I will come back to my own thread as I was curious about EBG benefits in the last days and did some studies. I already noticed the different messages in SAS webpages regarding Sixt Platinum but now I also noticed the different messages about parking benefit.

Blue1 states in their webpage that the free parking benefit in Kuopio/Oulu/Rovaniemi/Tampere/Turku/Vaasa is available for EBG members only during their bonus trips. And in Helsinki the Express parking is available in any case. But this information is available only in Finnish in Blue1 EB benefits page.

But then SAS informs that the free parking benefit is available in Turku/Vaasa/Tampere/Oulu with the same day outbound SK/KF ticket. And Express parking in Helsinki with the same day outbound SK/KF ticket (no LH?). This information is available in SAS Finland EBG benefit page.

Of course I trust SAS webpage more than Blue1 webpage as SAS is giving better benefits. But in reality, that is something what needs to be clarified with SAS EB Customer Service. I hope the SAS information is valid as it is quite good benefit.

I wish SAS Group could get their webpages in order and make sure that the message hidden in there is consistent everywhere.
Old Jan 28, 08, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Got response from SAS Finland (they have improved their response time, well done!).

Parking outside of Helsinki airport is indeed now free of charge for EBG members only during bonus trips.

Express parking in Helsinki means that SAS will take care of the parking to VIP Parking but the parking itself will of course cost 25EUR/day; keys will be given to SAS in check-in (car can be parked to Express parking lot) and when coming back, the car can be picked up from VIP Parking. Sounds like a good benefit actually.

Hopefully SAS will now adjust the web pages accordingly so SAS Finland benefits pages are not delivering old information.
Old Jan 28, 08, 3:23 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miikka View Post
Good old days it used to be the benefit that ... [etc.].

One benefit going away again from EBG.
As a former colleague of mine, a nice-but-cynical brittiläinen chap, liked to say:

> Everything always gets worse.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 28, 08, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henry999 View Post
As a former colleague of mine, a nice-but-cynical brittiläinen chap, liked to say:

> Everything always gets worse.

Hehe, true.

Maybe SAS noticed that there is too many EBG members outside of Helsinki area and the free parking became too expensive for them. And now it is aligned in that way that if you don't "pay" anything for your flight (bonus trip) then you don't have to pay anything for the parking either.

Sure, I would still like to have that free parking but recently I have been moving my home airport more and more to Helsinki anyway as the connections from Tampere aren't always ideal.
Old Jan 28, 08, 3:51 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miikka View Post
... recently I have been moving my home airport more and more to Helsinki anyway as the connections from Tampere aren't always ideal.
Connections are important, of course, and for intra-European flights we sometimes use HEL too. But coming home through CPH or ARN after a long-haul, the thought of an additional two-and-a-half hours on the Paunu bus is just too excruciating to contemplate.

cheers,

Henry
Old Jan 28, 08, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henry999 View Post
Connections are important, of course, and for intra-European flights we sometimes use HEL too. But coming home through CPH or ARN after a long-haul, the thought of an additional two-and-a-half hours on the Paunu bus is just too excruciating to contemplate.
Bus is something I don't take any longer between Helsinki and Tampere - my experiences were enough in the past and that isn't for me. Driving is quite good option but after long haul that is of course a little bit boring option. But what can you do when SAS isn't providing so much options, sometimes their schedules just aren't fitting or you don't want to risk with CPH strikes or Blue1 difficulties (or with competitor, FinnComm is providing enough difficulties already).
Old May 25, 08, 3:03 pm

Programs: SK*Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Melia Gold
benefits reintroduced?

I have just got my renewd EBG card, and the accompanying leaflet mentiones 'free parking at the airports in Turku, Vaasa, Tampere and Oulu with a same day outbound ticket Blue1or SAS' as one of the benfits. I have checked the SAS website and the information is the same, see http://www.flysas.com/en/fi/EuroBonu...ther_benefits/

However, accroding to Blue 1's pages, this seems to work only in connection with an award ticket: http://www.blue1.fi/fi/EuroBonus/Eur...lle/Jasenedut/ (in Finnish only).

Does anyone know if free parking has been reintroduced, or does SAS send information leaflets printed years ago?
Old Dec 15, 08, 10:05 am
Original Poster

And now SAS has informed their members that the SAS Express Parking for EBG members will end in HEL aiport, last day will be 31.12.2008.

Free parking in KUO, OUL, RVN, TMP and TKU when traveling on SAS/Blue1 award trip will continue.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: