FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   SAS Business Class ex CPH (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/748085-sas-business-class-ex-cph.html)

larsll Oct 19, 2007 11:50 am

SAS Business Class ex CPH

Just came off SK609 CPH-ZRH in C, and I must say that I am slowly getting disappointed by the SK business class product ex CPH. I don't fly SK C that often (maybe once per month / once every two months), but this is the third time in a row I have been let down.

Generally I don't mind too much the service onboard except for longer evening flights when the meal served is often my dinner of the day. Lately most of these flights have been ex-CPH, and hence mainly less than 2hrs in the flight table, and hence the smaller service.

Meals have been consisting of:
- Small bowl of green leaves (a.k.a salad) for starters.
- Medium tray of dry couscous or similar mixed with some lightly fried vegetables with shrimps or similar for main course.
- Tiny desert.

Neither the salad or the main tastes a lot. Always the same. Never filling.

Compared to what e.g. OS serves on a comparable route CPH-VIE it is almost depressing. (Proper starter, warm meal & larger desert.)

I haven't been on the longer routes ex ARN or OSL lately where they generally serve a hot item, but the ex CPH service is simply not a proper C product, and starts to resemble what one gets in Y ex OSL (though in a nicer wrapping).

Anyone else with the same feeling?

PS: Next leg is with C9. Let's see what their C is on a less than an hour flight. :)

SK_RSJ Oct 19, 2007 1:29 pm

I donīt think it is SAS Denmark but the flight time indeed. ARN-FRA is very good service, GOT-FRA is actually terrible from my limited experience. Both served by SAS Sweden.

A-340 GOT Oct 19, 2007 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ (Post 8588220)
I don´t think it is SAS Denmark but the flight time indeed. ARN-FRA is very good service, GOT-FRA is actually terrible from my limited experience. Both served by SAS Sweden.

Very true, c class is very different these days C , GOT-LHR is quite nice, warm meal, etc, while as noticed GOT-FRA or for example CPH-FRA is more or less Y service in better presentation. I believe most routes out of ARN in C has the better service option.

larsll Oct 20, 2007 1:33 am

Originally Posted by A-340 GOT (Post 8589639)
I believe most routes out of ARN in C has the better service option.

Whereas most routes ex-CPH obviously has the smaller service.

Oh. And another complaint. I sometimes fly FRA-CPH in the morning, on the 9:35 flight. First time I got really disappointed. Had slept on my first leg for the day and was looking forward to the decent SK breakfast. What did I get? A shrimp salad (pretty much as was served as dinner yesterday).

Reason: Breakfast isn't served on flights after 9:30. :mad:

GetAA81Back2ARN Oct 20, 2007 7:12 am

Originally Posted by larsll (Post 8591255)
Reason: Breakfast isn't served on flights after 9:30. :mad:

This comment just gave me a vision of the movie "Falling Down"... :D

Bjornstrom Oct 20, 2007 7:46 am

I've always been satisfied by LH on the routes mentioned above (FRA-ARN, FRA-GOT) and LX had really nice lunch on ZRH-CPH. Anyone with same experience?

SK_RSJ Oct 20, 2007 8:06 am

Yes, LH beats SK on the short hops. Period. SK is better for longer flights. Only thing where LH always beats SK is the seating. I like the blocked middle table they have. And on small aircrafts (2+2) they still block so it is 1+1. Imagine if it was LH running the MDs. Then it would be 1+2 seating in C. How great.

larsll Oct 20, 2007 8:37 am

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN (Post 8591863)
This comment just gave me a vision of the movie "Falling Down"... :D

But I am nice (and tired) in the morning, so instead of hijacking I go to sleep...

larsll Oct 20, 2007 8:42 am

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ (Post 8592013)
Yes, LH beats SK on the short hops. Period. SK is better for longer flights. Only thing where LH always beats SK is the seating. I like the blocked middle table they have. And on small aircrafts (2+2) they still block so it is 1+1. Imagine if it was LH running the MDs. Then it would be 1+2 seating in C. How great.

LH is not more than ok on shorter than 2 hours flights, although it has improved the last year.

LH breakfast on flights longer than 2 hours (e.g. FRA-MAD) is just great! (Warm pancake or scrambled eggs + cold cuts etc.)

In the crap corner you find AF, which on a flight CDG-MUC early afternoon served nothing more than a slice of a wrap. (Imagine the wrap you can buy in SK P, each part sliced in four, and you get one slice...) :rolleyes:

Gnopps Oct 20, 2007 9:29 am

Originally Posted by larsll (Post 8592135)
In the crap corner you find AF, which on a flight CDG-MUC early afternoon served nothing more than a slice of a wrap. (Imagine the wrap you can buy in SK P, each part sliced in four, and you get one slice...) :rolleyes:

Amen to that! I couldn't believe the small portion I received in AF business CPH-CDG. Actually wrote them that it was funny I would get more food from a bag of chips in their lounge then in their C-class.

I've been disappointed at times as well flying SK C DUB-CPH, where the evening meal (18.xx departure) was cold cuts and bread. You know what I say here; try OK ;-)

larsll Oct 20, 2007 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Gnopps (Post 8592239)
I've been disappointed at times as well flying SK C DUB-CPH, where the evening meal (18.xx departure) was cold cuts and bread. You know what I say here; try OK ;-)

Yeye... try OS. Food now comes from DO&CO which are also doing posh restaurants downtown Vienna.

Even better. They fly where I want to go... home...

jacob_m Oct 20, 2007 11:57 am

Originally Posted by larsll (Post 8587657)
Compared to what e.g. OS serves on a comparable route CPH-VIE it is almost depressing. (Proper starter, warm meal & larger desert.)

CPH-VIE and CPH-ZRH are fairly comparable in terms of distance (roughly 550 miles).

Back in the good old days (not more than three years ago) OS served a hot meal in economy on the CPH-VIE route, so why SK can't manage it in business class on a comparable route is beyond me.

Btw speaking of LH business class I recently flew ARN-MUC in C and all I got was a small bowl with cold couscous and some turkey slices.
Considering the flight was leaving at noon with a scheduled flight time over two hours I was very disappointed.
I really don't understand why ARN-MUC doesn't qualify for a hot meal service. Come on!!

larsll Oct 21, 2007 4:58 am

Originally Posted by jacob_m (Post 8592857)
Back in the good old days (not more than three years ago) OS served a hot meal in economy on the CPH-VIE route, so why SK can't manage it in business class on a comparable route is beyond me.

You still get hot breakfast in economy with OS on routes longer than one hour flying time. Scrambled eggs, ham and tomatoes served with bread.

ksu Oct 21, 2007 5:04 am

Originally Posted by larsll (Post 8587657)
Meals have been consisting of:
- Small bowl of green leaves (a.k.a salad) for starters.
- Medium tray of dry couscous or similar mixed with some lightly fried vegetables with shrimps or similar for main course.
- Tiny desert.

Being allergic to shellfish, including shrimps, and knowing how common an allergy that is, I'm surprised that SAS DK from what you are writing regularly serves it, as the only choice. That certainly is bad customer service!

larsll Oct 21, 2007 8:01 am

Originally Posted by ksu (Post 8595547)
Being allergic to shellfish, including shrimps, and knowing how common an allergy that is, I'm surprised that SAS DK from what you are writing regularly serves it, as the only choice. That certainly is bad customer service!

I agree. Personally I am not allergic, just not a big fan, but I have wished more than once that there would be a special meal "no seafood". :)

On most intra-European C I find seafood regularily, ie. close to 50% of the time. Shrimps are definitively the most common kind of seafood. No options are available on most airlines.