Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

No EB points with Skyways ARN-LUX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 5:54 am
Original Poster

According to the EB pages one earns points on all routes by Skyways, with the exception on many domestic routes in Sweden. I however learned that it was not possible to redeem (nor earn) points with Skyways on their summer route ARN-URE (Kuressaare, Estonia), even if there were no such exception mentioned on the EB pages.

I have now asked EB member service if it's possible to earn or redeem points with Skyways on their new route ARN-LUX and the answer is: NO.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 6:46 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by SK989
I have now asked EB member service if it's possible to earn or redeem points with Skyways on their new route ARN-LUX and the answer is: NO.
Really? I'm a bit surprised to hear that! I flew JZ ARN-DUB when they operated that route and got full points.

I don't quite understand the SAS-Skyways so-called "cooperation"...
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:15 am
fcl

Programs: EBS
I also have to add that I wonder why I can not find the SK-coded Skyways flight (like CPH-LPI) in the Star Alliance Electronic Timetable application. I compare this to the SkyTeam Timetable which already has included the new LPI-AMS route which will not open until March next year.

Is there a (good) reason why they do not include JZ in the timetable?
Old Sep 20, 2007, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fcl
I also have to add that I wonder why I can not find the SK-coded Skyways flight (like CPH-LPI) in the Star Alliance Electronic Timetable application. I compare this to the SkyTeam Timetable which already has included the new LPI-AMS route which will not open until March next year.

Is there a (good) reason why they do not include JZ in the timetable?
The *A electronic timetable is not the best tool to use sometimes. As you point out, SK-codeshare flights operated by JZ are not shown and neither are e.g. SK-codeshare flights operated by OV (Estonian Air) or CA. SK codeshare with BT (Air Baltic) on the other hand are shown on *A electronic timetable. I guess it's random if codeshare flights operated by a non *A-airline is shown or not...
Old Sep 20, 2007, 4:56 am

I checked SAS sales info yesterday evening and there was no mention at all about the new ARN-LUX route.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 5:41 am

My understanding is this regarding JZ and EB-points:
-It has to be a ticket issued by SK.
-JZ issued tickets never give EB points.

I have even got full EB points for SK issued ticket codeshared with JZ and operated by Golden Air (only status points since the route was under competition from Golden Air )
Old Sep 20, 2007, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
I only fly Skyways ARN-VBY, but that basically mirrors my experiences.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 7:13 am
Original Poster

I don't think that is the case. If you travel e.g. CPH-LPI with JZ and the ticket is bought on JZ:s website, you should still get EB points for that. The EB information regarding points on JZ does not state that you should travel on a SK-ticket or SK-codeshare.

http://www.sas.se/en/EuroBonus/EuroB...tners/Skyways/
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by SK989
I don't think that is the case. If you travel e.g. CPH-LPI with JZ and the ticket is bought on JZ:s website, you should still get EB points for that. The EB information regarding points on JZ does not state that you should travel on a SK-ticket or SK-codeshare.
You're very right, but if you book your ticket on the Skyways webpage you basically don't get the option to enter an EB-number, there is no field on the booking page marked "frequent flyer program".

I booked a ticket on the Skyways webpage once and called SAS afterwards and eventually even Skyways, and nobody could enter the number for me, not even at the Skyways call center.

If you book a Skyways ticket on the SAS webpage it will be with SK-prefix.

So in reality, no matter what the rules say, you need to book your ticket with SK-prefix to get points.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 1:56 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Retro-claim (by post)?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 3:46 pm

If you read the ticket rules for the JZ fares sold on their web site it specifically says you will not earn EB points on those tickets.
On the other hand you will earn EB points if on SK ticket even if flight is operated by competitor Golden Air or Gotlandsflyg. Recently got 300 EB-points for H-class VBY-BMA (!) booked by SAS on JZ code share operated by Gotlandsflyg (the same company preventing basic points due to competition).
Old Sep 24, 2007, 2:20 am
Original Poster

If you read the ticket rules for the JZ fares sold on their web site it specifically says you will not earn EB points on those tickets.
On the other hand you will earn EB points if on SK ticket even if flight is operated by competitor Golden Air or Gotlandsflyg. Recently got 300 EB-points for H-class VBY-BMA (!) booked by SAS on JZ code share operated by Gotlandsflyg (the same company preventing basic points due to competition).
A friend of mine travels a lot ARN-JKG (one of the few domestic routes in Sweden where you actually earn EB points which you can use for award travel) and I asked him this weekend if he actually gets EB points for his travels ARN-JKG-ARN.

He told me that he always buys his tickets through JZ:s website and as SK_RSJ says, the rules on the website cleraly state that you do not earn points on those fares and furthermore there is no space to write your EB number when you make your reservation.

The funny thing is however, that according to JZ you wouldn't earn points on even a full fare ticket (O/W ARN-JKG is 2500 SEK+ at full fare) bought on their website. My friend said that he asks JZ:s ticket office at ARN for a printout and then he sends that togehter with his boarding pass to retro-registration and the points (basic points!) are always credited to his EB account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.