SASpoints on Air China

Old Aug 22, 07, 6:38 am
WIZ
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, AY, AA, FB, HHONORS, PC
Question SASpoints on Air China

I'm flying Air China codeshare on AY metal HEL-PEK and PVG-HEL. Will I be able to get points on EB?
Old Aug 22, 07, 6:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
Originally Posted by WIZ View Post
I'm flying Air China codeshare on AY metal HEL-PEK and PVG-HEL. Will I be able to get points on EB?
From SAS EuroBonus webpages:
You earn Extra points and you can spend points on flights operated by Air China, except on charter flights and certain flight number range that are operated by other partner to Air China.
I would guess that flights operated by Finnair are one of those mentioned in the SAS info.
Old Aug 24, 07, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), SAS EBG
Originally Posted by miikka View Post
I would guess that flights operated by Finnair are one of those mentioned in the SAS info.
Yepp. None of the CA flights in the 3000 (together with many other flight numbers) range allows EB points to be earned or used.
Old Dec 28, 07, 2:03 am
AHO

I'd like to share my experience.

Air China fares to China in K class and above allow you to take CA coded SK flight. (CPH-PEK CA7011/7012 & ARN-PEK CA7013/7014).
The booking class K on CA will be converted to Q class on SK, which means 100% points/miles earning on most FFPs.

ARN-PEK/PVG fares for 100% points/miles earning.
SK VLSEECO: 7680 + tax 243 = SEK 7923
CA KLAP2MEU: 5080 + tax 1349 = SEK 6429

Only drawback is no e-ticket possible for CA7011/7012/7013/7014.
Old Dec 28, 07, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by AHO View Post
I'd like to share my experience.

Air China fares to China in K class and above allow you to take CA coded SK flight. (CPH-PEK CA7011/7012 & ARN-PEK CA7013/7014).
The booking class K on CA will be converted to Q class on SK, which means 100% points/miles earning on most FFPs.

ARN-PEK/PVG fares for 100% points/miles earning.
SK VLSEECO: 7680 + tax 243 = SEK 7923
CA KLAP2MEU: 5080 + tax 1349 = SEK 6429

Only drawback is no e-ticket possible for CA7011/7012/7013/7014.
Have you done this and if so did you get EB-points?

According to SalesInfo these flights shouldn't give you EB-points:

Flights not valid for accrual
Accrual is not permitted on charter, cargo and certain flight number ranges not operated by Air China.

Accrual is permitted on the following flight number ranges:
For exception see Partner Brief No 1-2006

CA flight number range Accrual
CA 101-192 Yes
CA 199 - 199 Yes
CA 400 - 429 Yes
CA 900 - 999 Yes
CA 1100 - 1150 Yes
CA 1201 - 1999 Yes
CA 4000 - 4074 Yes
CA 4099 - 4599 Yes

Rules
EuroBonus members earn Extra points per one-way flight on flights operated by Air China.
From December 12, 2007 the points member earn is Basic points.
The partner brief, however, was written prior to CA started codesharing with SK. The info has been updated in 2007 but SK is still not included.
Old Dec 28, 07, 10:18 am

And, of course, the information on sas.se and sas.dk contains "page not found", and several discrepancies compared with SalesInfo.

How hard can it be?
Old Dec 28, 07, 1:39 pm
AHO

Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN View Post
Have you done this and if so did you get EB-points?
I have done ARN->PEK before CA's entry to *A and PEK->ARN after entry.
The first one is successfully credited 100% miles on my LH M&M account.
I'm still waiting for the credit of the second one to my BD DC account.

I have no experience to crediting to EB though.
Old Jan 2, 08, 11:56 am

Programs: SAS EBP, BA EC Gold, SPG Platinum, First Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, etc....
Originally Posted by AHO View Post
I have done ARN->PEK before CA's entry to *A and PEK->ARN after entry.
The first one is successfully credited 100% miles on my LH M&M account.
I'm still waiting for the credit of the second one to my BD DC account.

I have no experience to crediting to EB though.
I did PEK>ARN (flight CA7013 - SK metal, SK994) 21OCT07. Tried claiming but was informed that this was not eligible - makes no sense that EBG cannot earn points or miles for SK flight even when CA number

Just my 2 cents worth
Old Jan 2, 08, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by chris flyalot View Post
I did PEK>ARN (flight CA7013 - SK metal, SK994) 21OCT07. Tried claiming but was informed that this was not eligible - makes no sense that EBG cannot earn points or miles for SK flight even when CA number

Just my 2 cents worth
I agree: it s**ks. Star Alliance should change the method to giving points according to the ticketing carrier.

But in your case: it was prior to CA joining Star Alliance so that could have an effect. Even though I doubt it.
Old Jan 2, 08, 12:21 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo,SPG Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum (IEC&FI)
Originally Posted by GetAA81Back2ARN View Post
I agree: it s**ks. Star Alliance should change the method to giving points according to the ticketing carrier.
I have never understood it completely; and how does Star Alliance play the role in this. So if I buy a ticket with SK flight number (operated by someone else) then SK will issue my ticket and also receive the money from me. Why couldn't SAS then in exchange give me my points? In my opinion it is airline (in this case SAS) playing the game and trying to avoid giving points; of course they would like the passenger to fly with their own routes because then they don't have to pay any portion to the operating carrier but if they are code-sharing then it is their own fault anyway, they could just stop code-sharing if it is so difficult to them.

It gets really complicated easily, I once flied Kiev-Vienna on Ukraine International Airlines, code-shared with OS with the OS flight number as EB member. Of course didn't get the points. Sometimes it feels like you have to remember all the possible alliance rules and also the participating airlines rules and know more about the business than anyone working for the airlines. Why this cannot be simple for the passengers?
Old Jan 2, 08, 12:39 pm

I have never understood it completely; and how does Star Alliance play the role in this.
Why this cannot be simple for the passengers?
This is why I think Star Alliance should get involved and make sure it is a part of the standard "member rules" - just as StarGold lounge access and extra baggage for elite members. The Alliance is to make it easier for passengers.

As a customer I can select the ticketing carrier and this is what is being sold to me through booking sites. If codeshares are expensive and make it complicated for the carriers: just remove them.
Old Nov 24, 08, 10:22 am

Programs: TK*G, AY OWE, IHG Plat Amb, HH Gold, Marriott Platinum
I see that CA G-cl also allows to fly on SK... anyone has experiences how CA G-cl converts to SK? Perhaps to V-cl? Anyone has last experiences?

Search this Thread